Monday, September 22, 2008

Ageless Tulip

Hi Everyone!! Darn it. . .my sentiment is crooked. I only noticed it after I looked at the pictures. I was too lazy to fix it and take another picture of it. I'll fix it later. Don't you hate that? The problem with fixing the sentiment on this card is the metal framing is already attached to the card base. Hmmm. . .this one will be tricky to fix.

No matter. . .it's handmade. . .it's not suppose to be perfect. LOL!! Well, the tulip image is another image that I must have colored in dim lighting because again, it's a strange color combo. I actually like it but I could not find a designer paper with a similar color combo.

What did I do to fix this problem? Do you see the little flowers on the designer paper. . .originally, they were white. . .I went and colored them yellow with my Copic Markers. LOL! Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway. . .it was fun making this card. I added a bit of embellishment to my Prima flower by layering it with embellishments. I'm really liking layering my primas. . .it's just fun.




I colored the image with my Copic Markers and basically, that's it. Nothing much else to this card again.

Card Details:

Stamps: SU Ageless Adornment, Fiskar Clear Stamps
Paper: DCWV Glitter Stack, SU So Saffron, Lavender Lace (I think)
Accessories: JoAnn Metal embellishment, Prima flower, Grosgrain ribbon, JoAnn silver brads

14 comments:

Danni said...

Love this! The colors are awesome! My mom would love this as she loves purple!!
You really are so talented!

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh...I love these colors! Even if they matched nothing else, you did a great job of improvising! :D

Rita said...

Wow Maria! The colors are beautiful! I luv it! Great job on the background paper! This is a Cala Lily (just to let you know)& the only reason I know this is because it is my favorite flower along with tulips running a close second as my favorites, they are so beautiful in real life!

JackieLou said...

TAG You're it MARIA... Check out my blog for the tag rules....
Have fun...
hugs,
Jackielou

Debby said...

Wowza this is incredibly beautiful!

L.A. said...

I like the contrasting colors a lot! They yellow really sings and the purple "pops".

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This card is a beauty! The colors go so well together - love the flowers and coloring!

Cindy Haffner said...

there you go again with those vibrant colors, gorgeous.

Elena said...

I live this card! The colors are so vibriant! I like how you colored the small flowers! And the Lily is GORGEOUS!

Diane said...

Wowza Maria!!! That flower looks real! I love your creations!

de said...

This is so beautiful! The cala lilly look 3D. What awesome coloring!

Risa said...

What a beautiful card! The colors and the tulip rock!!!

Tonniece said...

At A loss for words, THIS IS STUNNING

Tracy.H said...

So beautiful, Maria! And I don't think you need to worry about fixing the sentiment. I would never have noticed...the card is just so beauiful! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |