Thursday, November 29, 2007

Video Tutorial 3 - Metallic Frame Using a Leaf Pen or Metallic Markers


Click on the "play" button to start the tutorial



Hi everyone! This is the finished cards of the tutorial. You can't really see it in the picture but in person, the edge of the cardstock is framed with a gold lining using a Gold Leaf Pen. It matches the gold embossed image.

The color combo is SU Bravo Burgundy and Cranberry Crisp, golden rod by Serendipity and the base card is actually a stripe embossed cardstock by DCWV. The stamp is by Penny Black.

I placed the lamp too close to the card so when I took the picture it washed out the dry embossing of the card base.

Sorry about the terrible picture of the gold embossed image but like I've said in the past, I can't capture shiny metallic images with my camera. I need to figure out how to keep it from being so reflective.



I created a whole bunch of these cards in different colors. I took picture of only two of them because the only difference is the color combo.


This one is a Cool Caribbean and Wild Wasabi combo. I used SU Glitzy Blue embossing powder and Silver Leaf Pen to frame the image. I wish you could see the silver lining but I can't take a good picture of anything metallic.


7 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, these are beautiful.

Little C's Creations said...

beautiful cards, Maria - and I totally enjoyed your tutorial. I haven't used gold and silver pens like those since back in high school when we signed yearbooks!!! WOW!!! Now I've gotta go get me some. You make the edging look so easy.... I'll have to practice a bit before I can stay straight like you. Thanks for sharing!!!

hugs,
Jen

Kimberly said...

More beautiful cards and another fabulous sketch. Thanks for my inspiration today :)

Shannon McGann said...

Wow! These are beautiful! Great sketch too! I'll have to try that one!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful cards Maria! Great tutorial again! I'm so enjoying watching them!!!

Your card layout is GREAT! Will jot this one down too in my sketch book. It's so nice to have all of them to go back to...I have creativitiy block more often than not ;)

2 Worlds said...

where can we find this leaf pen?

Ret said...

wow, thanks for the great tutorial, Maria. Love how you've made it so easy for us to learn from you! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |