Friday, January 14, 2011

Crazy 4 Challenge C4C70 - Thank You Challenge

Hello Friends! Yay, I made a card! The last time I made one was last week Saturday! Thank goodness for Crazy 4 Challenges or I probably wouldn't have made a card. Well, it's challenge time again over at Crazy 4 Challenges and our lovely sponsor this week is Flower Soft! Whoohoo! I'm the host again this week. . this week's challenge is to create a card with a "thank you" sentiment. Many times we forget to thank our friends, loved ones or others through out the year for their kindness and generosity. We tend to wait during the holidays to remember them so I thought creating a thank you card or project would be a nice thing to do and give to someone, now. . rather than later. Be sure to stop by C4C and play along!!



This week our fabulous sponsor is Flower Soft, who have generously donating a prize of the new flower soft colors and glue for one lucky person.


Stop by C4C and check out the beautiful cards the design team created or stop by their individual blogs:

* Barbara Anders
* Cindy Haffner
* Frances Byrne
* Jessie Rone
* Joanne Grzelak
* Joycelyn Pelkey
Lynda Benden
* Angela Wood
*Silke Ledlow
* Silke Kittmann
* Tammy Hershberger
Vicki Garrett


There's a lot going on with my card, I tell ya'! Not only did I use Flower Soft on my card, I embossed what I could on my card! LOL! First of all the image of the bird and flourishes is from Magic Moonlight. She has a ton of pretty vintage images. The background script paper is an image that I created last week. For the image: Click Here. The sentiment is by Stampin Up "Many Thanks" stamp set.

I added Flower Soft to the birds and added fine glitter all over. It really gave the birds a really 3D effect.

I cut the butterfly out from a designer paper than embossed it with UTEE thick embossing powder using the Melting Pot. Do you have the Melting Pot. . .if you do, isn't it fun to use? You can create a whole bunch of fun embellishments with it. I actually want to show a few things that I embossed during the week but I'll post them when I'm done creating something with them.

I also heat embossed the label. First, I stamped the image, layered the dye cuts then dipped them in the melted UTEE thick embossing powder using the melting pot. It's really stiff, like epoxy and very, very shiny!!!

Last but not least, I created the shiny cracked glass appearance on the background paper using the "Cracked Glass" technique. I have a brief tutorial of the technique below. It's an old technique but it's a timeless and so fun to do. Check out the tutorial:

Cracked Glass

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!!

14 comments:

Davi said...

Maria Your card is stunning!! I love all the dimension and the crackled BG!

StampOwl said...

this is amazing Maria, love everything about it!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Maria! This is so fabulous! I'm excited for you with your blog change...I'm looking forward to seeing all of your other talents too! You are such a talented, creative person! You inspire me more than you could ever know! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Silli said...

Wonderful Maria...love all the details...HUGS

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Maria! All your details and different techniques are gorgeous on this card! I will have to get a "melting pot." I'm always inspired by your work! big hugs, Angela

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful, Maria! Love all the details!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I had to sit there and gaze quite a while to capture all of the beauty on this one 'piece of art', cuz I surely can't just call this a 'card'....it is jaw droppingly gorgeous, technique filled, so dimensional and layered in loveliness......You really will be giving a true give of your he'art' when you gift this creation

I truly am in awe

hugs

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl you are so talented and AMAZING!! I adore everything you do.

Juana Elena said...

what a beautiful card Maria, very vintage with beautiful details, the butterfly is beautiful, the whole is wonderful, congratulations, thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Lynda Benden said...

WOW Maria, this is GORGEOUS! You have added amazing details! What a beautiful creation!

Vicki G said...

One word...........BEAUTIFUL!

Hugs

Vicki

Barbara said...

Just stunning, Maria!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Wow! This card is STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about it - colors/textures/style etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |