Friday, April 10, 2009

Hidden Message Pull Card Tutorial


Hi Friends!! It's Friday! Yipee! I love Fridays. . .I don't know, I just do. Way back when I was younger (pre-mother days), I worked at a travel company and my co-workers were party people. After work, we'd head out to a restaurant/club during happy hours and eat appetizers (pupus in Hawaiian) and just hang out. At 9:00, the restaurant would turn into a dance club. We would head there at 4:00 and not leave until 2 in the morning! Oh, gosh. . .it was so fun. I really miss hanging out like that. Now, I'm old and my husband only 2 years older than me is much older (mentally). He sometimes act like an 80 year old. I think he was born old. LOL!

My husband's idea of hanging out and partying is hanging out a winery, eating dinner, drinking wine, and listening to piano music. First of all, I don't drink wine or alcohol but I like flashing lights and loud banging music. My idea of fun is watching an alternative rock band play live loud music, with lots of laughing people, and lots of noise that you need to yell to hear one another. It's really weird but quiet places makes me want to sleep. . .boriiiiiiiiinnnngggg! If I wanted to hang out in a quiet place, I would rather hang out at home or at a library! LOL!

Are you and your husband or partner on the same wavelength when it comes to "fun"? Remember the book "City Mouse, Country Mouse". . .well, I'm most definitely the city mouse .
Luckily, my husband and I have many other things in common or we'd be divorced by now! LOL!

Anyway, let's talk about my card. Isn't that why you're here? I don't think you're here to read my chit-chat. LOL! Well this card is a "hidden message/pull card".
I created the tutorial some time last year and if you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'll know that I'm trying to transfer my tutorials from a website that I pay for to store my tutorials to a "free" service site.

With the first photo, the "sentiment or message" is hidden under the oval panel but when you pull the ribbon to the left, the message is revealed.



Now isn't that fun? Scroll down and check out the tutorial! It's so easy to create this card, you can do a few in an hour.

The cupcake is from the SU "Crazy for Cupcakes" stamp set and I colored it with my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles. The designer paper is from the retired SU "Berry Bliss" designer series paper. I decided to stop hoarding all of my designer papers. It's really hard to let go sometimes.

Anyway. . hope y'all have a fantastic Friday! Don't party too hard!!

Card Details:

Stamp set: SU "Crazy for Cupcakes"
Paper: SU Berry Bliss designer paper, SU Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: SU ribbon, Prima flowers, Making Memories Daisy brads, Stickles, Fiskar scallop scissors, Coluzzle Oval Template, SU 1 1/4" circle punch



With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print as well as save the document. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the tutorial. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Scroll down the page by sliding the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial. Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance
Hidden Message/Pull Card Tutorial



25 comments:

Danni said...

Love this card! So pretty and the pullout message is genius!
Sam and I are pretty much the same as far as the type of places we use to hang out~your neighborhood bars where you shoot pool and stuff.
I like concerts though and he doesn't. Actually we're the opposite on most things but it works for us...we've learned to compromise!
Have a great Friday!

Catherine said...

OMGosh! Maria! Not only is this card so cute, yummy and amazing, but you have totally answered my prayers! I'm in an ongoing swap, and the May theme requires a "surprise" element...I was so stumped, I considered not participating for the month, but now I'll have to give this a try!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful Holy Weekend!
Hugs,
Catherine

2 Worlds said...

Beautiful card Maria, yeah me and DH we have different taste in some things, but he always went with me in places I liked and I learned to listen his classical music :)

CreativeMish said...

Fabulous! I love the pull card idea! Your tutorial is amazing as usual! My husband and I are alike in alot of ways... and different in alot of ways. It works for us though :)

Tonniece said...

OK, first things first, I'm with you Maria.............City Mouse ALL THE WAY......... and like you my other half is a country mouse. lol

What can I say, as always you blow me away with your talent for turning plain pp into works of art. This is so awesome, and love the tutorial. Thanks

HAPPY EASTER

Janna said...

So sorry Maria that I haven't been around in forever! I am very slowly getting caught up! I am so glad I did not miss this! this is absolutely amazing!!! What a great idea! I really want to do this! You are so creative! The colors and coloring are beautiful and I love the giant flowers!!!

I have to say my husband and I are more alike than different. I love to be at home and just hang out and he is pretty much the same way. Teh only difference is that he likes sports and I don't. Good thing we have two TVs! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Rita said...

Great idea, I luv this card layout & stamp set Maria! I haven't tried this yet but I will some day! Have a great Easter!

WickedPixie said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for the tutorial! :-) Traci

de said...

Great card! I love the secret message!

Diane said...

You make me laugh,my DH and I are like your DH,we we're born old,lol!
We are so boring...we don't drink,don't do much at all.
Anyways,Love your card and your tutorial is awesome!

renee said...

WOW!!! This is just beautiful!! Love the whole pull out idea!! Hubby and I are pretty much on the same page, We have done our share of clubbing but pretty much now we both are happiest hangin at home, or better yet the camp ground!! thanks for the tutorial you are sooooooo talented. Blessings~ Renee

KeeponScrappin said...

How cute is that! I love this card. Very creative Maria!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Maria! This is THE coolest! Your projects are always so interactive. They're never just a simple card. They always have some hidden delight (whether it's a message or a fold or a layout or all the other things you do so amazingly beautifully.) WOW!!again. ;O)

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! You party girl, you! LOL! This card is awesome! Love the colors and that hidden message. Thanks for the tutorial! Oh...yes, Kae is my daughter...she did great last night bringing up the grapes to the altar. She said she wanted to giggle but bit her lip...hahaha!

Unknown said...

Oooh Maria! What a gorgeous interpretation of that tute!!
It makes me want to have a go at this. You really did it justice.
As for hubbies. think yours and mine were hatched from the same batch!!!
Viv xx

Beth Norman said...

So, so pretty. Awesome card and tut!! My partner and I are indeed on the same wavelength. I'm old like your husband. Forget about the loud noise. My Donnie doesn't care for hip hop like I do, but he won't complain if I have it on. Most of the time we listen to easy listening.

Dawn Easton said...

Hey girl! Sorry I didn't visit yesterday...think you must have posted after I blogged...I try to do it early each morning...lol...while everyone is asleep ;)

LOVE this card, the fun colours and the design is awesome! I'll add that tutorial to my to do list for sure!!!

LOL @ you and your husband having many things in common or you'd be divorced....I think that SAME thing! I am thankful he has his hobbies and I have mine(stamping) because we can each do that and not worry about boring the other...that's what I think we have most in common...haha!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

Darlene L said...

Great tutorial and an awesome card. TFS this surprise of a card. Can't wait to give it a try.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Wow Maria! What a lovely card!!

America said...

Ive always loved this pull card by you. I remember when you first introduced it to us last year on your challenge blog. IT rocks! And I love your coloring on this adorable one!! TFS. :)

Sandra said...

Hi Maria, gorgeous card...beautiful work!
My husband and I are home bodies....he sleeps, I craft..we get along just fine!!LOL

Kyoko said...

Goodness gracious ... AWESOME! I just love the color and layout. Maybe when I get the nerve, I will give it a try. WOW!

Elena said...

What a fun card! I like it!!! Thank you very much, Maria for sharing the tutorial!
I think we are on same wave with my DH...

Mariska said...

I absolutely love this one Maria. I love the design and the tutorial and I am for sure going to try this one too sometime soon. Gorgeous papers and I love the flowers and the cupcake. Stunning as always!!

xxx
Mariska

Debby said...

This is the sweetest thing ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |