Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scrapbook Layout, Photo of the Day, Rachel Ann Miller Card



Photo of the Day
Poor Dakota

My poor Dakota had oral surgery yesterday. He had to have two of his teeth extracted. Just a little background on Dakota. He is crazy possessive about his treats. I don't know what his deal is. . .he was like this from the day we bought him from this family at 6 weeks of age. I honestly feel their kids didn't know how to care for a baby puppy. When we went over to pick him up, they were swatting him with a twig and were pretty rough on him.

Anyway. . .to make a long story short. The first few months after we brought him home, he would growl and nip at us whenever we came near his treats. He no longer behave that way but he still has a possessive nature . . .when we give him a bone or treat, he'll swallow it whole and regurgitate it then hide it. I think he thinks his brother Phoenix will eat it.

Well, the problem with Dakota is that when he has a bone or raw hide, he'll chew on it like a mad dog. I kid you not. .. . .like a savage. He chews on them like he is in a trance. He'll gnaw at it like there's no tomorrow. Unfortunately, his constant gnawing caused two of his teeth to split in half! Can you believe it? The poor guy. Well, after awhile, his teeth was impacted and with one of the teeth, the nerve was exposed so out they went!

I decide to take a few photos of him after his surgery and he wasn't amused. He had this weary look. . like "mom, can't you see I'm not in the mood"! Yeah, poor guy. .. he had to tolerate my taking photos of him.

In this photo, he is licking the bandage where the IV was inserted. The good news is he is doing really well. He recovered from oral surgery so nicely. He is back to his bubbly and happy self.

Okay, that's my story of the day!


Here's a card I made the other day! The goal of this card was to not to use any designer paper! Whoohoo! I'm so dependent on designer papers to help me with me cards. Rather than using a designer paper, I decided to use a CB embossing folder to create the background.

I colored the Rachel Ann Miller with my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles to parts of the image.


Here's a closer view of the card. Not much shading or highlighting on this card. Sometimes when I color. . .I get really lazy and just want to color the image and finish it. During these times, I don't really work on the shadings. With Copic markers, you don't have to be good a shading and highlights to color an image nicely.

Anyway, hope you all have a fantastic day!!

Card Details:

Stamp: Rachel Ann Miller
Paper: SU Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, More Mustard
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: American Craft Element Ric Rac, SU Crystal Effects, Stickles, CB Embossing Folder, Natural Accents, SU Scallop Edge Punch



21 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Love your page layout n' your card. The LO looks like you put a lot of work into it. Great job, sister!! Your card is so pretty with those pop ups and colors, which I love!! Both of our pets had something going on yesterday - Ceasar went to the groomers for the first time... he's no longer a bushy bush.

Hugs,
Jen

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love your layout Maria and Dakota is just so cute. Your Rachelle Anne Miller card is gorgeous, beautiful colouring and I love the dimension on the balloons, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sandra said...

Dakota is a cutie, glad he's doing okay.Butterscotch my Shih Tzu is very protective of her bones.She is very gentle taking food out of your hand, but once she's got it don't try and take it away!!LOL
Your card is fabulous....terrific work!
Sandy

de said...

Awwww poor Dakota! I am so glad he is doing well after the surgery. I know he is probably feeling much better if his teeth were in that bad of shape. He is a CUTIE!

Love the layout and the card... are you sure your not up 24-7 creating all these awesome projects?!

scrapperjulia said...

Love your layout of your poor little doggies surgery. Hope he is feeling better! Your card is great too, so bright and cheery!

Randi said...

Beautiful layout! Cute card!! Love all the pink!! And your layering alwasy amazes me!!

Poor little doggie!! I am so glad he's back to himself!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

WoW! You have really, really been busy! What an adorable layout! The puppy is sooo cute! The boys want a pup, I'm starting to cave, lol!
Cute card, too! I love how you made your own dp!!! Very cool!
TFS :*)

doris said...

Beautiful LO, cute card... wow!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Cami said...

Wow Maria! You put alot of work into that wonderful layout and it looks fab!I'm glad Dakota is feeling better now...he's a real cutie! You took great pics of him. That card is awesome. No DP paper huh? Well, you did great with that embossing folder and coloring it to make it pop and I agree about the Copic coloring...I don't always highlight or shade. Your balloons are cute popped up like that...very dimensional which I love. Have a wonderful Friday. I know you don't sleep much, not with the amount of projects you produce! Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Awww poor Dakota!!! bless his cotton socks. My cat had a tooth infecton and had to have 4 teeth removed, (including the canine teeth)! I thought he'd struggle, but you'd never guess looking at the way he puts his food away.

P.S. Love the LO and the card!

Dawn Easton said...

Great page layout Maria! I'm so happy to hear that Dakota is doing well now! I remember our dog having an IV and licking that "wound" a ton...think she made it almost raw...lol.
Your card is DARLING! I love the image and your popped up balloon!

Cheryl KVD said...

The layout is so cute...so is the dog! Love the 3-D balloons in the card too!

Risa said...

I'm glad to hear that Dakota has recovered from surgery....soon he'll be prancing around and wagging his tail:)
Your layout is awesome and your card is so pretty Maria! I know only too well what you mean about not blending colors. When I watch the Copic videos on You Tube, the Japanese artist don't bother with blending either.
I guess it's up to the individual person and your coloring is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

scrap.poa said...

We love you r blog and would like to give you some Brazilians blog’s stamps.
Hugs,
Marina and Marisa

Ila said...

Love your layout! and your card is Gorgeous!!.....Dakota is such a Sweetie...so glad he is doing well after the surgery...Hugs, Ila

2 Worlds said...

oh poor thing !

Maria great you doing more layouts!
Fabulous card

Rita said...

Even without DP your cards are fantastic! I love the scrapbook layout Maria, too cute!

CreativeMish said...

Poor Dakota... I hope he's feeling better. I need to take mine in for his teeth cleaning....


I love the Rachel Miller card! very pretty

image coloring said...

What a beautiful card!! Loved it.

Teri said...

Wow!! I just love your LO of Dakota! The details are stunning! Poor puppy! First time I knew someone who's pup had to have their teeth extracted. Glad to hear that he is back to his bubbly self! I also loved your RAM card. The colors are pretty. hugs, Teri

Elena said...

Beautiful scrapbook page! I can tell how much work and meaning you put in it!
Love your card! So cute! Love your idea with the ballons!
Hope Dakota will recover after surgery save and healthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |