Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Greeting Farm's Never Ever Stamp Release

Hello Friends! Today is my official start date as a designer at the Greeting Farm and to kick off the day, I created card using an image of their new stamp release of the "Never Ever" stamp set. It's available for purchase so stop by the Greeting Farm store and get'em while they're hot! LOL! Check out the Greeting Farm's blog to check out the new releases for April. Be sure to stop by and check out the rest of the awesome work by the the Greeting Farms design team. The links are located to my left side bar!!


Honestly, any of the Greeting Farm's images are super fun to color and this one is no exception. I have so much fun coloring and layering the hair especially. You can't really see it in the photo but the front of her hair is popped up a bit to give the face a bit of depth.

I was going to post this card earlier but I had to head out the door to visit the UC Riverside campus again. It's about a 45 minute drive and I actually was going to apply for classes but I found out that the deadline for applications was last night. Boo-hoo.

Hey, I'm thinking of returning to school to get my Master's Degree in something or maybe another Bachelors . . .maybe a Bachelors in Graphic Art or some art major. What do you think? I have a Bachelors in Nursing but I want to do something in the "arts". I've always wanted an occupation where I could be more "creative" but back when I decided to get my degree in Nursing, I was thinking more of the "financial". . aka MONEY but now that I'm older, something more true to my heart is something I would prefer to do.

I was thinking that it would probably take me a little over 2 years to complete another Bachelors because I've already completed most of the core requirements from my other bachelors degree. I mean that's not too bad and I might as well do it while I still can. Are you in a stage in your life where you want to do something different in your life. . .more out of desire rather than necessity?

Sometimes I feel that life is too short to "think" about things. . .you know what I mean. I don't know, I can't do it right now because I'm a bit too late for this semester but maybe I can do it in the next semester. I still have time to really think about it.

Anyway, enough of my chit-chat. I colored the image (I don't know what her name is) with my Copic Markers. . .and again added a bit of Stickles and Crystal Effects. That's basically it.

I decided to work on the inside a bit. I created a mini envelope and added a little insert inside where you can stamp a sentiment or write a little note.

I was going to design the inside further but I got lazy. I'm going to start working on the inside of my cards from now on because I need to REALLY get rid of my scrap designer papers and cardstock. The best way I feel to do it other than creating a scrapbook layout is to dress up the inside of my cards. What do you think?

Anyway, be sure to stop by the Greeting Farm and check out the new stamps released today! They're really cute!!



Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Never Ever
Paper: SU Parisian Summer, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen, Tim Holtz distress ink, SU Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Office Depot swirl clip, grosgrain ribbon, Making Memories Daisy Brads, SU envelope template, Stickles, SU Crystal Effects

35 comments:

Jodi said...

Very cute card Maria...as always! You are right about using those scrap pieces up with dressing the inside of the card. She is a cute stamp!! Love your coloring too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love the new image Maria and your colouring is gorgeous, love all the gems on her dress, Such a pretty layout, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Janna said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!! I adore this wendy stamp! Your coloring is absolute perfection!!! So, so cute!!! Your layout is amazing as well and I love the papers!!!

I would love to go back sometime and finish up my masters but it is so hard to find the time with Izzy. I have always loved going to school but I honestly I think if i went back I think it would be fun just to audit classes. Not having to worry about homework and such would be nice!

Smiles,
janna

Danni said...

Another wonderful card!! Very, very cute and I love the idea of the little envelope inside!! Fun!

kadie said...

Oh my goodness!! How cute is this!! I love your coloring and the way you attached the sentiment is too cool...I'm gonna have to use that idea! :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Congratulations and welcome to the DT Maria!!!! You will have alot of fun on the DT, and Marie is AWESOME!!!! Love all her drawings they are soooo darling and sweet!!!

I love all the details on your card, and your coloring:) Beautiful work!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Randi said...

I love this card Maria!! So much gorgeous detail!! I love all the white highlights!! And the way you layer the hair is totally amazing!!!

I am looking forward to our time together on the DT!!

StampinCathy said...

WOW! This is just fabulous and love the image. You are one creative and inspiring stamper with some HOT MOJO!

Renee said...

Great image! Your coloring is wonderul and love the bling on her dress!! Blessings. Renee

Cindy Haffner said...

She is adorable Maria, I can't wait to get my new stamps. Darn mail!! Love all your details.

Elena said...

Congratulations on first official day, Maria!
Love your card! So pretty! Colors are so much fun!
I think if you have a wish for studying, you should do it! It is fun to learn new and meet new people!
If my English would be better and I would not have a terrible accent, I would go to school!

Cathy said...

Maria this is stunning!!! I think it is absolute perfection! The colors and papers are so cute and your coloring is gorgeous as usual! All of the little details make such a difference.

I think going to school would be wonderful for you. I understand about being at a place in your life where you want to do something that you WANT to do instead of necessity. That is one reason I started my blog.

Hugs, Cathy

2 Worlds said...

Hey Maria , I did another one in Oklahoma but go back and study with 20 year old ppl let me nuts
lol

Congrats on dT team
Cute card

Risa said...

Your card and image are super cuteness Maria! I love your image and the glasses are too cute!
Great sketch too!
hugs
Risa:)

Tina said...

hey Maria - congrats on the new design gig - super cool. But your cards are so worthy of such a position...great card and thanks for the great comment on my page - I appreciate them all.

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This is adorable and I love how you used Wendy. I have not splurged on any of today's releases mostly because I own every single Anya Ian, and most of TGF sets so I am trying to hold myself back for a while, but I love how you colored her up and used her!!! Great Job on this card Maria you and those Pink Cat girls can color up a storm you are all so super good at it!!!!

Great job on this card I love it!!!

Heather

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh I forgot to say,

In all reality I have no desire to go back to work as a nurse!!! I am mostly home with the kiddo's now and I really do not see myself ever wanting to work full time again if I do not have to??? I really truly do not know many nurses that are happy with thier job which is sad!!!

I do love my patients and teaching is one of my strong points but I do not want to works nights and weekends and holidays anymore!!!

I think it would be fun to be a Wedding Planner or something like that. I had a very elaborate wedding that included every single detail that I ever saw or wanted in a wedding, but I live in the middle of the middle of the United states and there is not much need for wedding planners around her!!! LOL!!!!

Heather

Bastelzauberin said...

I love the new image Maria and your colouring is absolute perfection!I love the idea of the little envelope inside.

hugsa
Silke

Denise said...

This is too cute!! I am so amazed with your layering & color combos.

doris said...

Wow Maria... your card is the absolute madness!

Hugs
Doris xx

Sharon said...

Oh wow she is a cutie and your card is superb. Congratulations on being on the new DT.xx

Tonniece said...

This is too bloody sweet for words Maria. You started your first official day off with a bang.

As for your return to school, I think it's wonderful. Follow your heart and whatever choice you make will be the right one.

Happy Thursday

Diane said...

She is adorable Maria!!! Love what you did with her hair! Cute as ever!

Cami said...

Isn't she just too cute? There's something about the way your color that gives your images such depth and wanting to "touch" it y'know? I agree with you that we need to use up our papers so why not use it on the inside. Your envelope for a note is a great idea! Hugs, Cami

Maria Therese said...

cutie card!! And the stamp was aaaaawww...

de said...

Love the card! Your cards are always so detailed and PERFECT! Great job!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card Maria! I love to read and this image is adorable!

Dawn Easton said...

Maria, your card is adorable! I love how you added highlights to her hair...that's always a fabulous look! Love that you decorated the INSIDE too! Great idea!
I think if you want to do something...you should! Next semester isn't all that far away ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This card is so fabulous. The image is really cute and your colouring is superb.
Barbara
x

Christine said...

Wow, Maria, besides all the fabulous detail you put on this card I absolutely love the way you colored her. Such rich colors. It really caught my eye on TGF blog. Stunning work!

Ila said...

On my Gosh!! she is just Adorable!!...and your colors and dimension...just make her shine!!...Hugs, Ila

Little C's Creations said...

What a gorgeous card, Maria! That line is really expanding.... man, you are an enabler!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Rita said...

Another beautiful card Maria!

I think as we get older we tend to reflect alot more & want to change things up a little so we don't get bored & keep life interesting.

JackieLou said...

ooohhh I love this one too...

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Man oh man this is one precious image. You make it look like a million bucks! What a snookum way to use up scraps. You ROCK! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |