Monday, April 27, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge #14 - (04-27-09)

Hello Friends! It's that time again! It's Christmas Stampin All Year Long challenge time! We're on week 14! Wow, already? Yeah, it does go by really quickly. I'm really having fun making these Christmas cards. . .mainly because a lot of my Christmas stamps do get neglected. I usually see them only once a year and lemme' tell yah, I have a lot of them. I rarely ever get to use many of them because by the time Christmas rolls around, I don't have the time to make too many Christmas cards. I usually resort to a fixed design using a few stamps rather than different cards, individualized and unique for each person that I give it to. Having the challenge blog is really helping me not only to make unique cards for Christmas but also use stamps that I otherwise would not have used.

This cute Christmas bird image is by the Greeting Farm. You may be familiar with the Greeting Farm stamps for their Anya stamps but the Greeting Farm have other characters and other theme stamps that are fabulous for different occasion including Christmas.

This stamp set is called "X-mas Birds". Aren't they cute or what? You know. . I didn't know what to color the birds so I ended up coloring them red but after I colored them, I didn't like that they were too red? Arggh!



I colored the birds with my Copic Markers and added a bit of glitter to puffy ball on the bird's cap.
Anyway, stop by Christmas Stampin All Year Long and check out the fantastic cards that the design team created! It will surely inspire you to create your Christmas cards early this year!!

Have a great Monday, Folks!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm X-mas Birds
Paper: Basic Grey designer paper. SU Real Red, Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Stickles Glitter, Deja View Brads, DCWV adhesive ribbon, CB embossing Folder


23 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

ACK! How cute are those birds!!! What a fabulous card Maria!! I really need to play along with your Monday Christmas card challenge...maybe today I can sneak a little time?! Thanks for the inspiration!

America said...

Oh, this is super cute and oh-so gorgeous Maria!!! Still really wanting to play along with your xmas challenges.... gotta make the time! Its on my "MUST-DO" list. :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Maria, so sweet, i love your coloring, the way you add that touch of white. You are rockin' your Christmas challenges, wish i had time to play.

doris said...

Maria, you have again a beautiful card made!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Ila said...

Oh My....this is just the Cutest!!...I love those birds..and the sketch is Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Elena said...

This Christmas card is so cute! I love the birds! Love the colors and your beautiful coloring!

Mary said...

This card is darling. I love that you used the stamp to make a Christmas card. It really is lovely Maria.

Mary

Lisa said...

Your cards are always so awesome Maria! I love all the color you put into them. Another great challenge for CSAYL, and another great card by you! Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us!

Little C's Creations said...

Wow Maria, what a gorgeous creation!!!

Great job!

Hugs,
Jen

Joy said...

such cute birdies! love to see all the Christmas challenges! you always do such beautiful work... love to see what you create every week! thanks for always leaving such wonderful comments and encouraging me to try more! have a great Monday!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Those birds are so cute! I love how you tied your bow too.

Rita said...

What adorable little birds! How cute are those chicks in their holiday bonnets!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Maria,

Well I am back to leave some more possitive comments now!!! Sorry I sounded so depressed earlier, but that was exactly how I was feeling and guess I vented a bit to you!!!

So onto your other great cards.

I have this stamp and have not used it yet, but I think it is the cutest stamp set and so fun!!! I may have to start playing along with you guys because I never did get Christmas cards out last year. Mostly because I normally do a Photo Collage card of our family during the year and my Photo Printer was broken, but I would love to actually get some Christmas cards done Tooo!!!!

All your cards are just so talented and lovely and you really do inspire others!!!

Heather

Danni said...

Wonderful card! I have that set on my wishlist! Just love those birds!!
Great job!

Risa said...

What a cute Christmas card Maria! Your layout and singing birdies are adorable!
hugs
Risa:)

Islander Girl said...

Wow Maria this is GORGEOUS!!!!! Again with the details!!! LOVIN' IT! Man there must be quite a few of you that are doing this challenge, been seeing Christmas cards every where! Makes me wanna start on mine!

So question, do you save up all these cards that you make for your Christmas challenges and use these for your Christmas card mail outs?

Tina said...

maria - i love it.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a great card Maria, i am going to try and take part in the challenge this week. Your card is inspirational as always. I love the scrapbook layouts too, they are great, what a gorgeous daughter you have! hugs Linda x

Nicola said...

Beautiful card. I love it. I am following your christmas challenges but haven't had the chance to play yet. Hope to soon though.

Hugs
Nic

Sally13 said...

Oh, what a cute card. Great.

Hugs
Petra

Christine said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. Love the colors and the stamp set. Your cards are always just stunning. Someone will be very happy to receive your card during the Christmas holidays.
xoxo, Christine

Crazy For Scrapping said...

Those birds are so cute, just love it, me being a little color challenge at times, this looks wonderful to me. TFS

Cami said...

Oh Maria, how cute is this??? You do fabulous work with whatever you have in your hands to play with! Yep, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity! How lucky the recipient will be to receive any of your cards! Have a great week! Hugs, Cami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |