Sunday, April 5, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Sketch Challenge #11 (04-06-09)


Hi Friends!! It's that time again. . .Christmas Stampin All Year Long Sketch Challenge #11. Yipee. Okay. . we now have 11 Christmas cards under our belt! Not bad, not bad. Starting next month, I'll start making maybe 2 cards each week just so I'll have a few extra cards during the holidays that maybe I can sell or bundle as sets to give away as Christmas gifts. Sounds like a good plan, huh?

Stop by the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog site and check out all the awesome cards that the talented design team created. I believe they'll inspire you to start creating your cards.

Hey. . remember I said I was going to create a tutorial for the "flip card/mini album" that I created the other day. . .well, I'll try to work on it today. Hopefully, I'll be able to post the tutorial by tomorrow morning.

Anyway, just a little bit about my card. Do you see the fairy image? Well, it's an image from The Greeting Farm and her name is "Fairy Chloe". Isn't she adorable? You're like what fairy has red wings? Mine does! LOL! She's special. . .she's a special Christmas fairy. Actually, Fairy Chloe can be made to fit any occasion, including Christmas!

I colored the image with my Copic Markers. . you can't see it but I also added sparkles to her hair, wings and dress using Sakura Stardust gel pen. You can only see when the light hits at a certain angle.

Do you see Fairy Chloe's head? Well it's 3D because I had tried to put lipstick on her lips on the original stamped image and well, she ended up looking like she just bit some one's neck like a vampire . . .all bloody and such. Argghh! Not good for a fairy to have bloody looking lips! So much for the liptstick idea! LOL!

The Christmas tree in the background is not of my creation! I'm not that good! LOL!. . .it's a scrapbook embellishment by Jolee's Boutique. Isn't it pretty?

Anyway, hope you'll play along this week!! Stop by Christmas Stampin All Year Long and say "hello"!! Encourage the ladies there. . .your comments will be greatly appreciated!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Card Details:

Stamp: The Greeting Farm Fairy Chloe
Paper: Me and My Big Ideas designer paper, SU Green Galore, Real Red
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Stardust gel pen, Sakura white gel pen
Accessories: Jolee's Boutique, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, SU 1 3/8 circle punch, SU Scallop circle punch, sentiment sticker (?)



39 comments:

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! You have a wonderful imagination, Maria, and I tell you, I don't know how you create so many different occasion cards at any given time. Most times I'm stuck like on "thank-you" or "thinking of you" etc. but your mastermind can just jump from one to another! Love your Xmas fairy! Such talent (sigh). Give me some! Hugs, Cami

Maria Therese said...

cute card!!

Kim's Life said...

I Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas card! Great Job!

de said...

Wow! This card is so great! I like the 3D head... he he. Sometimes "mistakes" create the best art! And when I first saw the tree, I was like "OMG, that must have taken her HOURS!". You may not have created it, but boy does it add depth and dimension to an already amazing card!

renee said...

WOW!!! Very cute!! Love all the bling! you are a busy girl. Just beautiful. blessings Renee

Dawn Easton said...

Hehe...Maria, this is so cute! I love that Fairy Chloe...my daughter, Chloe...she'd LOVE it...will have to check it out!
I LOVE your tree! Wowzers girl...amazing card. Looks like it needs a frame :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

WOW! That tree looks so real & so intricate. You KNOCK my socks off! I'm with Cami. How do you make so many incredible cards for different occasions at once? It hurts my brain to even think Christmas, but you come up with THE most gorgeous Christmas card. ROCK on! ;O)

Christine said...

Oh, my, Maria, you have really outdone yourself this time. That card is beyond words. I love that tree and your fairy is colored so wonderfully. All the dimension is beautiful. Someone is going to be very excited when they receive that card. Truthfully I don't know if I could part with it.

Rachel Brumley said...

Maria

Beautiful card! I love all the layers and the Christmas tree is awesome!

As I read through your post I was waiting for the part where you describe how you decorated the tree, adding the beads one by one. Jokes on me!!(LOL)

Tina said...

maria this came wonderful - my goodness the time you took on that tree - the recipient will be extra happy getting this card. Gorgeous - I will be posting mine later this evening.

WickedPixie said...

I love Christmas Fairies! What a wonderful card! :-) Traci

Emily said...

I LOVE the greeting farm sets!! What a great idea!!!!

Little C's Creations said...

So cute Maria!! Looking forward to your tutorial. The fairy is super cute, love all the sparkles you've added to her. I thought the tree was your creation too... so much details n' lil' intricate things on them. Oh well, no one would've known... LOL!!!

Great job on the sketch...

I got your email, will ck with Rina...

Hugs,
Jen

Danni said...

How fun to make her a Christmas fairy! Love your card! And I must tell you that makes me feel so much better to know someone as talented as you makes boo-boo's on their images/cards too~~love how you corrected her vampire appearance!

Sandra said...

Absolutely love your card, awesome work!!
Sandy

Cathy said...

I love your card, Maria!! So cute and sweet!!

Hugs, Cathy

Michelle said...

Maria - your card is so darn cute! I love the tree and that fairy is too cute!! Your christmas card rocks!

Rita said...

Wowza, this card is super duper gorgeous Maria (maybe Fairy Chloe will make my wish come true & send me this card for Christmas ya think, hehe!! If you decide to part with it)! I could not part with this beauty myself. Yes Maria you are that good & I really thought you made that tree yourself because you are that AMAZING!!! I luv the 3 D effect! Way to go girl!

Hugs
Rita

Jodi said...

Love your card and that you colored your fairy to be a Christmas one! Initially I really thought that you made the tree! I'm sure you could but it would take you a while. =)
Very pretty card!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Curt in Indy said...

Wow, I don't know how you do it girl! I can't even think about Christmas, let alone make Christmas cards. But this is adorable! Best, Curt

Diane said...

My goodness,it's so gorgeous Maria!

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl this is GORGEOUS!!!!! WOW I love that tree, love Anya, I just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh my word Maria, your card is just fabulous and so creative, I love your colouring and the decorated tree is marvelous, Big Hugs, Nikki x

inlovestamping said...

I love everything about your card this week. The layers are just wonderful. The fairy image is adorable and the Christmas tree looks great!

Elena said...

Very cute and so creative! Love your Christmas Fairy! You are amazing, Maria! The Christmas Tree is so beautiful! Looks like real!!!
Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Savitri said...

Wow, that is one awesome card. You really going to give that card away? I wouldn't be able to :P

Denise said...

Maria, this card is Beautiful!! Looks like you spent a lot of time in this one. It is awesome. You come up with the most creative layouts!

doris said...

I love your card, Maria!!

Doris xx

~*Joni said...

Maria she is beautiful! I love what you did with her, she actually does look like a Christmas fairy, my kids would wish for her to come and visit and leave tons of gifts for them. haha! :D

kadie said...

CUTE!!! That tree must have taken forever!

Sue said...

wow what an amazing card luv the christmas tree, stunning work, sue.x

Joy said...

awe...love that fairy! perfect how you colored her to match your Christmas theme! these cards are so cute! I wish I had the time to join in on all your creative stuff! one day! hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Randi said...

Maria this is INCREDIBLE!!! That tree is so awesome!!! I love the Christmas Fairy theme!! Brilliant! You pay such careful attention to all the little details! A work of art!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Maria!!

How are you?? I just love Christmas Chloe!!! I think my two favorite ways I have seen her used are as a Christmas Fairy by you and as Bee's by Janna!!! This is super cute and I really love the whole Christmas card idea!!!

How are things going with the school thing??? Find out any info??

I would love to go back and finish more photography classes, but I just do not have the time right now!!!

We have two tiny puppies in our house that I posted about today so they are taking up lots of time too and how can I not take 5 or 10 minutes here and there to gather them up let them fall asleep on my chest and cuddle them???

Love the card Maria!!!

Heather

Ila said...

Wow!! over the top Gorgeous and Cute!!...love all the Fabulous dimension!!....Hugs, Ila

Michele Spera said...

Maria
what a great looking card, I like the fairy in christmas colors!! and the card layout is really nice too!!
Michele spera

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! How did I miss this card! Gorgeous!!

Rleen said...

WOW! Maria, the x'mas tree is amazing! You did a fabulous job! I love all the details. TFS!

Janna said...

Maria this is amazing!! Truly amazing! Oh the recpient of this awesome creation is going to be so lucky!!! I love, love, love the coloring on this card and the embellishment is amazing!! I just love everything about this card! And I actually think the head popped off is a great effect! Too cool!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |