Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bouquet Spring Card

Hey Friends! First card post of the day! You mean there will be more? Yup! LOL! Argggh! Am I posting too many times? Sorry, it'll slow down next week. I usually get very busy with my DT stuff towards the end of the month. I have to learn to pace myself! I usually give my self a bit of a break at the beginning of the month.

As promised. . .remember yesterday I said I was going to make a flower card to change things up a bit. I've been posting a lot of cute type cards and my flower images are seriously being neglected so I decided to work on a flower card today. I actually colored this image a while ago. Sorta sat in my image folder. . .I actually didn't like how it looked but after I popped parts of the flowers, I began to like it better.

Do you like purple? I don't make too many cards with purple colors. Did you know of all the thousands of designer papers I have I don't have many purple designer paper. .A thousand? LOL! I'm exaggerating but it feels like that much. I have tons of dp. . .I can't control myself when it comes to dps.

Anyway, of all the dps that I have I don't think I have more than 20 of them with purple colors on them. It's like companies don't like to make designer papers with purple colors. Not sure why.

I colored the image with my copic marker and added a bit of stickles. Darn, the charm on my card is twisted sidewards on my photo. You know. . .I'm a quickie photo taker. . .one shot sorta gal. I have a routine and I don't take many shots of my cards. Usually, they come out nice the first time so I don't bother to take more than one shot of different angles.


Just to let you know, I have a Twilight discussion going on at my book club forum "the Cafe Corner Book Club". Stop by and give us your take of the book. . .I love discussions about this book! It's fun to see different perspectives. You don't have to join my book club to participate in the discussion so stop by and check it out!

Card Details:

Stamps: I have no idea
Papers: SU designer paper, SU Lovely Lilac (I think), Blue Bayou (I think)
Ink: Copic markers
Accessories: Hemp cord, Wedding charm, Making Memories ribbon, SU Key Tag Punch, Stickles, Martha Stewart border punch






15 comments:

retiredheather said...

Oh, I LOVE this card! It has all my favorite colors on it and it just makes me smile. What a wonderful stamp...perfect for coloring which you did beautifully. Wonderful work.
Hugs
Heather

Islander Girl said...

I know I've said this before but your work is awesome! AND SO FREAKIN' DETAILED!!!!! Loving it! Where the heck do you find the time????? I'm so amazed every time I visit your blog!! Wow, wow, wow!

To answer your question, my parents are from the PI...my dad from Cavite, my mom from Pasig. I grew up in Japan cause my dad was in the military and we were lucky enough to be stationed in Japan for over 10 years! I seriously wish dh would get stationed there but he can't cause he's already the boss of the offices in Japan...so unless he retires and becomes a contrator there's no chance of moving back :( Oh well, at least I can go with him during his visits.

Anyhow, enough of my babbling! I can't wait to see what you come up with for tomorrow's post!!!

Take care and Aloha!
PS weather is nice here...it was gloomy early but beautiful right now!!

CreativeMish said...

I love purple! What a beautiful card! I too, hardly ever use purple. Maybe I should force myself!

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

GORGEOUS card girl! Did u cut each flower out to pop up! WOOWZER! Your coloring is da bomb!

Risa said...

Your card is stunning Maria! I love the different shades of lilac, your flowers are colored in beautifully! The 3D effect is awesome and I just love the yummy ribbon!
hugs
Risa:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Maria, I love those flowers and how you cut them out. Such pretty colors, wonderful awesome job.

-hugs Cindy xxoo

Joy said...

that is so true Maria! I love the color purple but I hardly have any purple CS or DP. I only recently started buying some and that color is very hard to find! you do such beautiful work! I love your cards! I can't believe you have a "stash" of stuff colored already. I never think that far ahead...lol! TFS!

Danni said...

Another wonderful creation! I always love how vibrant your cards are. Beautiful job!

Marisa said...

This card is gorgeous! I love purple and I love flowers! You did a great job with the coloring and overall design! :)

doris said...

What a beautiful theme ... Your card is a dream.

Hugs
Doris xx

Mary said...

Your card is so pretty! Yes, I do like purple and I have not used it very much either. I will have to do something about that.

I can see the charm on your card just fine. Awesome card Maria.

Mary

Cami said...

Wow! I love this card and it's in my favorite color, purple! Yes, you definitely love cutting out images and this is such a beautiful floral card! So dimensional and I just LOVE it! Wish it were for me! Fantastic, Maria! Hugs, Cami

Elena said...

How beautiful this card is! I love the purple here! Love the dimension you created too!

Rita said...

So beautiful, I luv that you made it 3D & yes I like purple! I love that heart punch, so pretty as a border!

Sandra said...

Maria, gorgeous card....love the purple and your coloring is awesome!!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |