Sunday, January 25, 2009

InStyle Method Monday Challenge - Square Coat Card Tutorial


Hi Everyone!!! It's Method Monday Challenge time again at InStyle Stamps!! Whoohoo! This week is my turn to create a tutorial so it would be fabulous if you all play along!!

I decided to use an old tutorial I created over a year ago but an updated version of it using InStyle Stamps!! Yay!!

This week's Method Monday tutorial is a "Square Coat Card". Basically, it's a gate fold type of card with a twist. . .a "coat" wraps around the base card and closes with a ribbon at the center!! For my card, I decided to use my "Pam and Buster" image because Pam is gorgeous and Buster. . .well, he is adorable. I colored my image and my background using my Copic Markers.


Anyway, stop by InStyle Stamps blog! To play along, post a comment on the InStyle posting of this tutorial with the link to the picture of your card from your blog site, SCS photo, PCP photo, or photo album. If you're uploading your card at PCP, tag it with "InStyle" or "ISSMM1-26" so it'll be easy to find.

You don't have to use InStyle stamps to play. . .just follow the challenge! Have fun!!

Hope you try it out. . .don't forget to scroll down for the tutorial!!

Check out the other cards by the InStyle Design Team:



Square Coat Card Tutorial

Materials
5 x 10" card stock folded in half to create a 5 x 5" card base
5 1/2 x 9 1/2" card stock for the outer coat
2 x 11 1/4" strip scrapbook or patterned paper
Round corner punch (optional)
1/2" circle punch (optional)
1/8" circle punch
Scorer
Ribbon
Glue or double sided tape
Card fits into a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" square envelope


Score the 5 x 10" card stock at 5" to create a 5 x 5" square card base
To create the "outer coat", score down the 5 1/2 x 9 1/2"card stock at 2" on the 9 1/2" side. Score on both ends of the card stock.

This will create a flap on both ends of the "coat".


Optional

Punch the corners of your card base, "coat" and 2 x 11 1/4" strip of designer paper

Adhere the 2 x 11 1/4" designer paper centered on to the "coat".


Optional

To create a "washer", punch a card stock with the 1/2" circle punch. Punch two circle shapes.


Fold the "coat" at the score line, the center strip should be centered at the front of your card Adhere the circle card stock to the ends of the 2 x 11 1/4" strips as shown in the picture
As an option, rather than creating a washer, you may use a large brad

Optional

Punch a hole through the center of the washer using a 1/8" hole puncher

Your washers should appear as shown in the picture


Decorate your 5 x 5" card base as desired
Adhere the 5 x 5" card to the "coat" centered as shown in the picture



Thread a ribbon through the front strip as shown in the picture


Tie a bow. This completes the "Square Coat Card"

16 comments:

Jules said...

Adorable card!
Thanks for the great TUTE as well!

Sharon said...

Great tutorial Maria, really enjoyed making this one. x

retiredheather said...

Great card Maria and you explained it perfectly. Looks like a winner.
Hugs
Heather

Chrisd said...

Wow Maria,
Thats for the tutorial. This I will do...maybe today1

Savitri said...

This is so so cute! I love the stamp and the card design is beautiful!!!! Awesome tut too!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful! I love your coloring and layout!
Thanks for sharing the tutorial :) This would be nice for a b'day invite or fancy Christmas card ;)
xo

de said...

So cute! I love this card!

Risa said...

What an adorable card and I love the square coat card! Thank you for sharing the tutorial.
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

Maria this is awesome! You have the best tutorials! I just love your style and your creations!! I definitely have to find time to try this out this week!! Love the card and your bow is outstanding!!

Smiles,
Janna

Melissa said...

Maria, this is just lovely! What a great tutorial!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

Such a cute card, and I really enjoyed the tutorial, I had never done a coat fold card before!!!

Love your image and your coloring!!!!

Heather

Ila said...

I love this Super Cute card...and your tutorial is Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Jennifer said...

LOVE the card AND the tutorial!! What a great idea! Pam and Buster really are super cute! I am going to try to make the card today and will post on my blog when done! There are so many possibilities with this card!

Down to the dungeon I go to start creating.....LOL Well, it really is not a dungeon, it is in my basement though.......

Elena said...

Love the shape of this card! Absolutely adorable! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial, Maria!

Becky Carafa said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ahhhhhh BEEautiful. Your projects are always SO fresh & fun & stunning. You WOW me every time GF! Thanks for the tutorial. It's Awesome! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |