Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Instyle Sheree and Fondue story


Hello Everyone!! Check out Instyle Stamps Sheree. . .she sure is enjoying herself! LOL! I love bubble baths but don't have the time to just lay around in a bath tub! Who does, right? A bubble bath is a luxury that most of us don't have so we can just dream about it, huh!


Stop by Instyle Stamps and check out the great stamps they carry! Sheree is one of my favorite.

I colored Sheree with my Copic Markers and I added SU Crystal Effects to the bubbles to give them a shiny 3D appearance.

Do you see the aqua colored background? Well, I colored it with my Copic Markers. . .it's not the color of the cardstock. The beauty with using Copic Markers is that you can color the white background of your image and the markers color evenly throughout. No streaking.



Be sure to stop by the InStyle Stamps blog . . .Virginia posted a tutorial for this week's "Method Monday" challenge. Go check it out!!

I'll work on the challenge today and hopefully, post it some time this evening.

Scroll down and check out my "Photo of the Day". I'll be posting a "life" photo several times a week with a short story to go along with it.


Card Details:
Stamps: InStyle Stamps Sheree, MFT (sentiment)
Paper: Cloud 9 designer paper, cardstock (unknown)
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: SU Scallop Edge punch, Large Oval Punch, JoAnn brads, Ribbon (?)




Photo of the Day
"Fondue Dinner Experience"

On Sunday after we returned from Sea World, my husband and I treated my family from Hawaii to dinner at a "fondue restaurant". This was a new experience for them. Well, it started out really fun and the food was delicious but the problem with fondue is that it takes a while for the food to cook in the pot.

If you've never tried fondue. . .basically, you dip the food into a dip or sauce that is under constant heat. With appetizers, you dip veggies and bread into some sort of cheese dip. With dinner, you dip raw meat or seafood into a boiling pot of some sort of sauce. The problem is each meat/seafood that you dip into the sauce has to cook for about 2 minutes each.

To make a long story short. . .we were at the restaurant for 3 hours because it took so long to cook the food. LOL! We started at 7:00 and left about 10:30. By the time dessert came along, the kids were bored and wanted to leave! LOL! We were joking that it's no wonder the Europeans are so thin . . .they loose their appetite and skip the dessert all together because cooking the main entree takes so long. LOL!

Oh, well . . .so much for the fondue dinner experience!

13 comments:

2 Worlds said...

this stamp is funny !
But fondue is great even we have to wait.

Sandy said...

Love your Sheree card!!

And I love fondue ... especially the dessert course.

Tracy.H said...

Great card, Maria. I love fondue!! It may take a long time...but oh so yummy! :0)

Stephenie said...

I love In Style stamps! They are so cute, your card is wonderful and I'm so happy for you that your a part of such a cute stamp company! You deserve it so much Maria. Hugs honey.

Stephenie said...

Oh BTW, I love fondu too! So good.

Risa said...

Wowzers Maria...your card is beautiful!!! I love the fun image and your coloring is awesome, especially the background. Super cool!!!

Teri said...

Hi Maria! Love your Sheree card! The coloring is awesome! We went to a fondue restaurant in SLC when we were there for convention. It does take a long time to cook, but we had a blast! I love the idea of your life photos, can't wait to see more!! Happy New Year!!

Laurel said...

What a cute card, love the bubbles!

Lise Roy said...

Gorgeous card!

Love the stamp and the colors!!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I was laughing so hard at your post.
It is true...it takes WAY too long! Been there-done that. Won't go back. (too expensive too) Our family just does this at home. It is really fun.

Ila said...

Love this Fabulous and Fun card!!...I've always wondered about this type of restaurant...sounds like fun!!..as long as your with good company..LOL!! TFS!!..Hugs, Ila

Elena said...

The card is so pretty! I really love the coloring!!!
I love fondue... the dessert especially!

Little C's Creations said...

this stamp is so adorable, and yes - we can only dream about having a bubble bath....

i have never had fondue, but guess what? the boys got a fondue thingy for Christmas... I already bought some chocolate to melt, and now we're waiting for Strawberries to be avail...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |