Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tissue Paper Distressing and Texture Tutorial - Shabby Chic Tags


Hi Friends! Hey. . .I created a tutorial! Yay! It's been a while since the last time I made one! It's a simple tutorial so it wasn't so time consuming to make. The tutorial is to create a distressed and textured appearance on card stock. . .or any type of paper crafting projects or altered projects that you may want to have a textured shabby chic look to it.

Scroll down for the tutorial.


I decided to create a few distressed shabby chic tags for this technique. I created the base for a few more and all I need to do is decorate them. I've made three completed ones so far.



With this tag, I applied a paper flower that I created a while back and a heart lace.


With this one I also added lace, ribbon, seam binding bow and a crochet flower that I made.


With this one, I added lace again and a fabric flower that I made a few months ago.

You may view the tutorial by scrolling through the tutorial using the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial or click on the link below. . .it will link you to my Scribd site where most of my tutorials are stored. I have a bunch of tutorials on Scribd that I made in the past if you want to check it out.

Tissue Paper Distressing and Texture

Anyway. . .this technique is super easy to do. It's a fun technique for shabby chic or vintage inspired projects.

Scroll down to my previous post to check out the door hanger I made. I shared a SVG file and template if you want to try it out as well.

Hope you all have a fun Wednesday.

Etsy Shop: Inspired & Unscripted

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how pretty! I had almost forgotten about the tissue paper technique -- I'll have to use that again soon!
BTW - Great tutorial!

Expressions & Inspirations said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for the tutorial. I want to try and make these pretty tags. TFS! <3

Liana Miranda said...

Adorei.
Obrigada, por compartilhar a tecnica de texturização.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |