Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Valentine Card and Scrappy Card

Hello Friends! Well, I've been a busy girl! I actually worked on 3 cards today. I'll share the 3rd card tomorrow. I've had the Valentine's sentiment stamp for a while now but never used it because I usually don't use sentiments as my focal point. I'm trying to be more mindful of using the rubber stamps that I currently own and haven't used so I decided to work with it.

This card's design is typical of what I normally create so I'm not going to discuss much about it. I did layer a few different type of flowers to create the flower embellishment on my card. I cut a felt flower using a Sizzix flower die, then layered a silk flower, then topping it with one of my crochet flowers and adding a heart button.

I created this other card today because I had an open package of chipboards and I wanted to use it up. I still have a few more chipboards that I need to use in that package but I'll use it probably on a scrapbook layout.

I am not a very good "scrappy" card maker. I had such difficulties coming up with a layout for the chipboards. It's so strange that I had such problems creating this card.

I had a lot of white space that I wanted to fill up so I created the banner at the corner to fill in the space a little. I'm not sure if I like the overall design. . .I need more practice working with scrapbook elements on my cards. I've never been a very good scrapbooker to begin with so it's not surprising that I would have difficulties creating a scrappy card.

Anyway. . .just sharing. .I've been on the roll lately. . .I can't wait to share my 3rd card tomorrow!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |