Sunday, January 15, 2012

Valentine Cards

Hello Friends! I worked on a few Valentine cards yesterday. I actually made 3 of them but I'll post the 3rd one tomorrow! I had a blast making these cards. I'll work on a few more and I'll move on to Mother's Day cards.

To create this card I rubber stamped the Stampin Up heart image on to pink card stock using Versamark ink then applied white embossing powder and heat embossed it. I love heat embossing because it really makes images pop beautifully. It can make an otherwise bland image into something that stand out.


Here is a close up of the heat embossing of the image.

With this card, I actually used a part of another card I made that I didn't really feel came together as well as I would have liked and cut the lace embellished part of it and and attached it to a new card base.

To complete the card I stamped the heart images on to designer paper, colored parts of them with my Copic Markers and added the sentiment and crochet flower.

Well I'm happy to say my allergies have subsided for now. . .well, until it starts up again so I'm taking advantage of the time I have free of major runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, etc. . .I have daily allergies but the attack I had for the past 2 weeks have been the worst I've had in a long time. I have these type of allergy attacks several times a year where it's constant and unrelenting that I have to be on constant allergy medications which put me in such a zombie state that I can't function. I don't take medications on a daily basis because even the mildest medications gives me some sort of side effect. . .primarily a zoned out feeling. I also end up with sinus infections or some sort of upper respiratory problems because the medications dry me out so much. I'm afraid of developing infections so I try to limit my medication for severe attacks. Most times I just tolerate the sneezing and runny nose as long as they're controllable. But yesterday and now today, the attacks have subsided somewhat and I'm so happy! I feel in control and it excites me to be creating!

Anyway, I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!!

1 comment:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Maria
What wonderful use of PP ans embossing on these cards, they are gorgeous.
Smiles:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |