Friday, January 30, 2009

Embossed/Copic Tinted Elegant Image Tutorial


Hiya Everyone!! Remember yesterday I said that I was going to create an elegant card? Well, here's my elegant card. I had bought this really cute cube stamp that has 4 images on a square cube months ago and never used it. Well, last night I decided to ink it up. . .finally! LOL!

I thought embossing the image would be really nice so I embossed it and colored the image using my Copic Markers rather than just embossing it.

I created a short tutorial on how I did it. I mean it's simple but if you need instructions scroll down and check out the tutorial.

I didn't know what to title my tutorial so I just called it "Embossed/Copic Tinted Elegant Image".


I found this cute button in my scrap box and I thought it would go perfect with the embossed design.

Not much chit-chatting today. . .I need to pick up my daughter from school soon so I'll save my chit-chat for tomorrow.

Card Details:

Stamps: Stampendous Tiled Quad Cube, Heidi Grace, Fiskar clear stamps
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Copic markers, Versamark
Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Joanns scrap essential, organdy ribbon, button (?)

Embossed/Copic Tinted Elegant Image Tutorial

Materials

1 Very Light Shade Copic Markers (E02)
1 Medium Shade Copic Marker (RV42)
Neutral Card Stock (Creamy Caramel)
Versamark Ink or Embossing ink
Gold Embossing Powder (or any color desired)
Heating Tool
Elegant/Swirl Rubber Stamp


Stamp the image on to a neutral card stock using Versamark or Embossing ink



Apply embossing powder to the image and heat emboss the image. Metallic colored embossing powder works really nicely with elegant or swirl images



Using the lighter shade Copic Marker (E02), color the whole image


With the medium shade Copic Marker (RV42), shade parts of the image.


When you're done, parts of the image are shaded as shown in the picture


Run the edge of your card stock on to the Versamark ink (similar to swiping your credit card through a machine), apply the embossing powder, and heat it with a heating tool. This will give a subtle embossed frame around the image

This completes this tutorial. Design your card as desired.

18 comments:

Joy said...

so lovely...and till this day I still think that heat embossing is one of my favs! I loved to emboss everything! haven't done it in a while...I should start it again. great job on this card and thanks for the tutorial! have a wonderful weekend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful Maria! Love the pretty image, the embossing, the tag... TFS!

Corie said...

So goregous and elegant to boot, I love it!!

Rachel V. said...

This is just beautiful! I love how you embossed the edges too. Thanks for the tutorial.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so elegant!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria so elegant, i love your designs so much.

Janna said...

Maria, this is so stunning and elegant. I just love this card!! I am so jealous of you! You are able to make both cute and elegant cards! You are so amazingly talented!

Smiles,
janna

Rihani said...

Hi Maria
Another beautiful card!! Love it!
I have a question about stamping, when you colour in your images using an aqua painter do you always stamp the image on watercolour paper? Or do you stamp on normal cardstock too??

Tina said...

Maria this is just gorgeous.. and definitely Elegant with a capital E... it really is stunning.. i love those colours you used.. so simple but perfect.. Have a great weekend Crafty hugs Tina x

de said...

Maria, this is just beautiful! So elegant!

Paulax0x0 said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! You never let us down! OK OK Im going to the studio today! Thanks for the inspiration!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. Thanks for a wonderful tutorial.

Rita said...

Sooo beautiful & I luv how you colored the inside of this image to bring out its beauty!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This card is so much like Becca is it Sykes??? From Amazing Paper Grace blog. She is so so good with the Elegant look and does an amazing job!!!!

So there is a huge compliment for you because when I saw this card I immeadiatly thought of Becca and she is the leader in elegance in my oppinion.

I love love love this card you did an amazing job!!!!

Janna and I were just talking about how we never seem to think in the elegant style when designing and I love how it looks!!!

Totally awesome girl!!!

Heather

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing! And the button is so elegant!!!
Thank you for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Marie, this card is simple and, as you said, elegant. I really like the stamp you have, where did you get it? Sandy O

Risa said...

What a beautiful and elegant card!!! I love the embossing and thank you for the tutorial Maria!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Maria, Your card is beautiful. i love the embossing. It's such a elegant card.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |