Monday, January 12, 2009

InStyle Stamps Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge



Hey Everyone!! I'm still doing a bit of catching up! After this post. . .I think I'm all caught up with all that I need to do and I'll be at the starting point! Yay!
This was last week's InStyle Stamps Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge. You still have time to play and there's a prize to be given out so be sure to stop by and play along! Check out the Instyle Stamps blog site for the details.

I decided to create a flap card with this sketch because it was a perfect sketch to create a flap card! Whoohoo!!

It was so fun creating this card. I'm really diggin' the flap cards! It's so easy to create and it's different from the typical card opening!!

I colored Suzie-Q with my Copic Markers, drew in hearts on her shirt and dots to the bag. I thought it would be fun to draw a design on the Suzie-Q image.


I also added a bit of rhinestone to the sentiment. Such a fun way to dress up the sentiment. I again added SU Crystal Effects to the bags to give them a 3D shiny effect. I love using SU Crystal Effects. . .it's a great way to enhance an image.







As you can see, my card opens up like a flap. The orientation of the card was actually a mistake. It was suppose to open sidewards but I realized I had put the flap on the wrong side. Initially, I was a little annoyed by my mistake but now that I look at it, I actually like the opening this way!

I decided to also decorate the inside.

Anyway. . .stop by InStyle Stamps and check out all the fabulous products they carry!





Check out the other cards created by the Instyle Stamps design team:

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Suzie-Q, MFT
Papers: SU More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, K&CO designer paper
Ink: Copic Makers, Not Quite Navy, Pretty in Pink, SU Pastels
Accessories: SU Rose red grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, SU Scallop circle punch, SU Crystal Effects, Darice rhinestones






Photo of the Day

"The Journey of the Wild Divine"

My husband bought me this biofeedback meditation thingy for Christmas. He said that he read great reviews on this product so he decided I should try it. What is it? I'm not sure yet! LOL! I looked it up on the Internet. It's a guided biofeedback meditation product created by "Deepak Chopra". I read one of his books a while ago. To learn more about Deepak Chopra, click here He wrote several books on spiritual and mind-body healing.

I haven't opened the box yet so I don't know what this product is about but I'll try it out this week. When I opened this present on Christmas, I thought to myself "hmmm, is my husband telling me something?" LOL! Does he think I need healing or need to relax and meditate? Actually, I'm not the type of person that freaks out when I'm stressed. I don't wigg out or anything like that. I'm the type that shut down. I don't talk much and I don't do much either when I'm stressed. Sometimes people can't tell I'm stressed out because I look rather calm but when I'm at that point, my mind has shut down and has gone into survival mode. LOL! Are you the calm- stressed type or do you wigg out (yelling, b"""y type)? I'll tell you about this product when I figure out how to use it. I'll give my review.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

6 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, you have been so busy Maria and love this gorgeous bright card. Fabulous design and just loving the 3d bags and your beautiful colouring, Hugs, Nikki x

Sandy said...

Wow, Maria ... I love the flap card you created with Melissa's sketch. Love the colors you used and the rhinestones on the sentiment look great. Wonderful card.

2 Worlds said...

I loved how this card closes

Great card

Danni said...

What a cute card! Love how you did the bags!

Rachel Brumley said...

Maria

I love this card and especially the dp. Glad you mentioned the name of the dp because I was gonna ask you!

What program do you use for drawing your sketches?

Thanks
DP fanatac!

Laurie Hines said...

I really like the crystal effects on the bags. I haven't tried that type of fold before so I will have to give it a try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |