Saturday, April 3, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #6 and Paper Bow Tutorial

Hello Friends! It's Saturday and that means it's Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge again! Yay! I love this challenge because I'm able to concentrate on using up stuff from my scrap pile and my opened packages of embellishments! I'm not sure why but I need "motivation" to use my scrap designer paper and embellishments. Why can't I automatically just go to my scrap pile first when I create a project? I think it has to do with a need to use new and different designs. A 12 x 12" designer paper is quite large so after 2 or 3x of using the same paper, it gets sort of boring. . .well, that's my explanation!! LOL!

Okay. . .let's get started. . .first of all, let me highlight last week's participants! They created such pretty cards for last week's challenge which was to use 3 different patterned designer paper:

Peggy - The Wired Angel
Linda - Linanna Designs
Denise - Paper Gems Studio
Peggy - The Wired Angel
Tracey - My Creative Place
Marina - Shop Scrapbooking Supply
Gina Marie - Scrap Crazy
Lindsay - The Frugal Crafter

Okay. . what is this week's challenge? Well, it'll take a bit of work but not too much. It's a fun challenge. . .I think! It's a great way to use up your scrap designer paper!!!

Now to this week's challenge

Add a paper bow (using the tutorial I provided below) on your card or project (box, basket, whatever) This is a great way to use up your scrap designer papers. You can create any size of bows. . .

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.



Here is a side angle of the bow. All the items on my card except the card base is from my scrap pile. I've had the chipboard alpha like. . .forever. I can't create too many words anymore with the chipboards because I'm short on vowels. Luckily, I still had the letter "O" to create the "mom" word.


Isn't the bow pretty? I love that it's made of paper!!! I actually made a bunch of these bows in different sizes! I can't wait to use them!

I also love the K&Co brad. I had one more left of this fabric covered brad. I have other colors but the packages are unopened . . .luckily this brad matched my card. Remember the challenge rule is that you can only use embellishments from opened packages. Do not open any new packages. . .the goal is to use them up before you open a new package!

Anyway. .. here is the tutorial! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Hope you play along this week . . .be sure to link your card by clicking on the blue "add my link" button!

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!
Paper Bow Tutorial



6 comments:

CreativeMish said...

great challenge.. Love the bow. I'm going to try and do it this week. :)

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Maria!
Wow! This is a super gorgeous card! I LOVE the bow! Thank you so much for showing us how to make one! I can't wait to try it!
Happy Easter to you and your family!
Hugs,
Lisa

Rita said...

Wowza this is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial! Happy Easter!

Renee said...

Wow!!! I love it!! The bow/flower is a fantastic idea!! just gorgeous! Happy Easter!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just lovely!

Becky said...

This is a beautiful card, and thanks for the tutorial on the paper bow.
Happy Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |