Saturday, April 17, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #8


Hello Friends!! Happy Saturday to all of you!! It's that time again! Yup, it's time to dig through your scrap pile and play along in this week's Scrap Pile Saturday challenge. Come on. . .you need to get with the program and start using up your scraps. Isn't it piling up? Well, it's time you use them!!!

Do you see all the flowers on my card? Well about a year ago, I stamped TONS of them in a moment of craziness! I had this grand plan to create a bunch of cards with them so one day I stamped away and colored them with my watercolors. Because water coloring is a quick and easy way to color images, it wasn't much of a problem. The problem was after I stamped the images. . .I didn't do anything with them! Absolutely nothing. Isn't that funny or what?

Anyway. . .I decided to use some of the flowers on my cards for this week's challenge. . .I still have a ton of them but that's okay. . .I'll find some use for them one day.

Before I discuss the challenge, I would like to highlight a few determined and motivated crafters:


Now to this week's challenge


Something Orange! What does that mean? Simple. . .use something orange on your card. It can be your designer paper, your ribbon, the card base, embellishments. This week's challenge was inspired by the fact that I have a pile of scrap "orange" card stock. I think the only time I really use my orange card stock and embellishments is during Halloween and Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, they only come around once a year and during the rest of the year, the scrap card stock and embellishments just sit in the pile until the holidays roll around again!!

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.I added a bit of Scribbles Iridescent Paint to the center of the flower and used my SU Hodge Podge hardware. Oh, that's another thing that I hoard away. . . .I have a TON of SU Hodge Podge hardware. . . I can't seem to use them because they're too "precious" to use! LOL!



Anyway, that's it. Hope you'll play along this week. Together we can decrease the size of our scrap pile. .. you just need to keep at it and when it becomes a habit to use your scraps, you'll see your pile become less and less.

Be sure to link your card below by clicking on the blue "add a link" button!!

Before I go, I want to share a music video. . .:) I don't only listen to Christian music. . .I love listening to different genre. . .alternative rock, reggae, Hawaiian contemporary, etc. I love Sean Kingston because his music has a Hawaiian Contemporary style to his music. I don't know if you've ever listened to this genre but I think it's really pretty. Although Sean Kingston's genre isn't Hawaiian Contemporary. . .his style is more reggae/R&B but I love this video. . .it's such a cute video and I love the song too. Check it out:



Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Saturday!!




9 comments:

CreativeMish said...

What a pretty card! I love the bright colors. Hopefully I'll have some orange in my scraps... I think I do :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. I love everything that you made. Come and check out my blog.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous 'scrappy' cards Maria!
Might just have to play along with this one!
Hugs Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Maria. I love the colour combination, very fresh.

Ter ;)

Yvonne said...

Liked your color combinations and it was non-busy. Thanks for sharing.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such gorgeous cards! I love orange and blue together.

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Great fun with the challenge! Can't wait for next week;D

Hugs, Gina marie

p.s.
I ordered the Copic sketch Basic set, can't wait til they get here..
Thanks for your input;D

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I love your cards, Maria! Those flowers are amazing! and the orange is perfect :)

Thanks for a fun challenge! I love using my scraps up as much as possible!
hugs, margie

TRACEY O said...

Pretty card Maria. Love the dp and the colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |