Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Scrap Chick Happy Tree Forest Scrapbook Layout

Happy Glorious Sunday Friends!! Well a miracle has occurred! I created a second layout within a week. LOL! It took 4 months to create one layout and wow, within 2 days I created the second one. Too funny. I'm determined to get some layouts done. It actually was easy to create this layout because I used the myscrapchick.com file "Happy Tree Forest". All of the images except the bird including the scallop shape was created using this one file. Stop by myscrapchick.com and check out all the AWESOME cutting files available. I'm seriously gaga over them. Also, be sure to sign up for the newsletter and receive a free file each week. Myscrapchick.com also has a fan page. . .if you're on FB, come join . . there's free files available for fans there too. Click Here

I used the scallop tree shape to create the cloud scallop shape. The tree shapes are actually quite versatile. You can create flowers and shapes for your card. I'll see if I can find the time to make something else with the shapes this week.

A little story behind this photo. When my daughter was little we lived in an extension of my aunt's home after my divorce and subsequent untimely death of my ex-husband (my daughter's father). It was just me and Alexis at that time but I've been blessed to have subsequently met my current husband a few years later. At that time, I was renting a small studio at my aunt's home and we had a really tiny bathroom with a shower. It didn't have a bath tub but I so badly wanted my daughter to experience everything that most kids were able to experience such as a bubble bath. How strange that a bubble bath would place any importance but it did.

Anyway. . .I would plug up the drain so that I could fill the shower area with water and my daughter would sort of crouch low so she could have a bubble bath experience. LOL! I mean, you can only fill up a shower to about a foot high so you can imagine how much bubble bath formula I had to put to have my daughter feel like she was surrounded by bubbles.

Today. . .well, life is so much better (convenience wise). . .but back then, despite what little we had, my daughter and I were very happy. Honestly, it's not what you have that makes life good, it's making what you have into something good. I really believe in that. Anyway. . .that's my story for the day.



Here is a close up of the tree cuts using the myscrapchick.com "Happy Tree Forest" file. I really had fun making this layout! I think I'm motivated to make another layout! LOL!

LO Details:

Paper: DCWV and K&Co designer paper, SU Close to Cocoa card stock
Ink: Tim Holtz distressing ink
Accessories: Myscrapchick.com Happy Tree Forest File, Cricut, buttons, Pressed Petals metal sentiment


OMG! I just had to share this. I saw it on Facebook and it made me laugh so hard.. . check it out. .it's hilarious!



Hope you all have a blessed and glorious Sunday!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Your layout is so adorable. What a sweet story. I totally believe in what you said. Life is what you make of it. Have a great day and thanks for sharing. I hope to see more layouts from you soon.
xoxo, Christine

Christine said...

Oh, my goodness, that video was funny!!! Thanks for giving me a smile.
xoxo, Christine

Beth Norman said...

Your layout is stunning!!!!! That video is hillarious ;)

Amanda said...

LOL I love it Maria.
Amanda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |