Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Greetings and My Scrap Chick projects



Happy Easter, my Friends!!! I hope this is a glorious day of celebration for all of you! I was thinking back when I was a child, growing up Catholic and raised by my grandparents, I cannot recall hunting for eggs. They were the old fashioned Catholics. . .chocolate rabbits, baskets of candy and hunting for eggs were far from their scope of understanding. LOL! They didn't practice a westernized version of Easter.

When I gave birth to my daughter, well. . .I guess I wanted to practice everything I felt I missed out on. . . egg hunting was a big thing in her life. I bought her those HUGE baskets, filled it up with gifts and candies, had her attend Easter egg hunts and such. With all that we do, I think we sometimes forget what Easter is really about. It's about Jesus' resurrection and well, it's far from the Easter we're familiar with. . .you know, the egg hunts and chocolate rabbits. I guess we need to step back and sometimes remind ourselves the true meaning of Easter.

Well, my projects are not the "Christian" version of Easter. . .LOL! It's the other version of Easter and it's all good. It's fun! I had a great time making them!

All the flowers, basket, and butterflies on my card and projects were all cut by my Cricut Expression using myscrapchick.com cutting files! Boy, I had a BLAST making the flower arrangement! I went to Joann looking for something to create and I decided a vase with cut flowers would be a fun project.



I layered the cut flowers and leaves from the myscrapchick.com "Cut Flowers" files and the butterflies from the "Layered Butterflies" files and glued them on to the squiggly sticks. You can find the sticks in the silk flower section of JoAnns or Michaels. They're usually used for floral arrangements using silk flowers. The filling in the vase are round foam. ..you can find them in the floral foam section of your craft store. By the way, the cutting files are only a $1 each and it's NUTS what fun stuff you can create with them. I have a few projects in the works using these files. I can't wait to show them to you.


I created the matching card using the same flower cuts and layered flowers from myscrapchick.com

This basket was created using the "30 Boxes and More" cutting files, again from myscrapchick.com. This basket is the "scallop basket #6" file. All of the designer papers are by K&CO.

Card/Project Details:

Papers: K&Co designer paper
Inks: Scribbles Iridescent Paint
Accessories: SU grosgrain ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, daisy brads (?), hemp cord, buttons,
Berry accents (foam balls), hemp cord


Not to impose my Christian views on you if you're not a Christian or at all religious but I really love this song by Hillsong. They play it at church and it makes me feel connected spiritually. Listen to it . . .it's a pretty song, even to non-Christians. Happy Easter to all of you. I hope you all have a blessed day!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute creations Maria and thanks for the song too! I posted a link (on my blog today) to a blog post about redemption that is particularly meaningful that you would enjoy reading too... thanks for sharing, I get your posts via email!
Pam Going Postal

Renee said...

oh this is super cute!!! thanks for sharing. Blessings, Renee

Smita said...

WOW!!! I love the creations and the beautiful colors... too good!

Hugs and best wishes for this holiday season

Smita

Gail said...

Great projects :)

Kendra said...

Love all your flowers, very cute... thanks for the video, beautiful in itself :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Maria, another fabulous project! Love that paper flower arrangement and the matching card and basket! You always come up with something creative! :o)

Anonymous said...

awsome projects.

The Paper Artist's Boutique said...

Left you soemthing on my blog.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing Maria. Simply Breathtaking. You are beyond GENIUS! I've been making paper flowers, so I'll have to note down your brilliant ways to use them. I just LOVE the colours you've used too! Happy belated Easter to you & yours. Hope everything is going wonderfully with you! I can't wait to get through the latest batch of work & come back here for a proper drool! ;O)

CreativeMish said...

Great projects.... PS.. I love Hillsong...

Anneke said...

Hi Maria,
Great projects!
I have a award on my blog for you!!
Greetings Anneke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |