Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scrappy Birdy Card and Bird Template

Hi Friends! I'm pre-posting this card. I'm feeling a little crabby today! I think I'm going to just kick back and read a book. I do have one more thing to post but I'll post it later when I'm feeling less crabby. You're like pre-post? LOL! Yeah, I'm anticipating crabbiness today (I'm posting this on Tuesday night). I get weird like this once in a while. I feel moody but don't know why. It's not PMS. . .LOL! It's not really moodiness, it's more like feeling "blah". I think I'm coming down with a cold or something. I started on a card yesterday morning and I was almost done . .I went downstairs and never stepped back into my craft room again. I gotta be in a good mood to craft. I think it's allergy season that's why. . .I get moody during this time of the year with the itchy eyes, stuffy head, sneezing. . .most times I can't tell if I have a cold or just allergies.

Anyway. . .enough of my griping. I created this card using a bird template by someone else but her image was all in black which I don't like because it prints black and you can't print directly on to the designer paper so I decided to convert it into an outline using my Adobe Illustrator program. Yeah, Illustrator is fabulous like that! I got the original template from Living the Swell Life but you can use the "outline" template that I created below.

Isn't it a fun image or what? I added a rhinestone brad to the eyes! I love the template. I think I'm going to make another birdie card. I really had fun with the image.



I also rubbed a bit of Tim Holtz distressing ink around the bird image and parts of the rest of the card.

Anyway, stop by later. I have a sneak peek card that I'll posting of a new image at Instyle Stamps!!
Before I go. . .I once had a blog site where I only posted "scrappy projects". . .I have it archived but if you want to check out the other scrappy cards and projects from that blog. . .visit Card Inspired There's other templates and tutorials on that site. I no longer update that blog so don't subscribe or follow that blog, okay.

Hope you all have a non-crabby day!!

Card Details:

Image: See below
Papes: K&CO and DCWV designer paper, SU Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery
Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink
Accessories: JoAnn Rhinestone Brads, K&Co sentiment embellishment, CTMH and Prima flowers, Basic Basic Ribbon





With the template below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the templatel. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! You may scroll down the page using the scroll bar to the right of the document. Anyway, try the template out when you have a chance!


15 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh Maria, what a totally stunning card hunny. I just adore it, the colours are stunning and what lovely papers you've used. Oooh i know exactly what you mean about crabiness!! i have been feeling like that myself lately. Hope you feel better soon, big hugs Linda x

de said...

Cheer up crabby Maria! LOL. You always make me laugh. LOVE the card. Relax and enjoy your day... I get like that too sometimes. I don't answer my phone and shut myself off from the world. Just need time to re-fuel I guess!

doris said...

My God, what a fabulous card!
Thanks for the Bird template.

Hugs
Doris xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I LOVE it Maria!!! That bird is fabulous girl!!! Thanks for sharing the template, I hope I get a chance to use it very soon!

Janna said...

Maria I am there with you! If I am not in a good mood I have time crafting too. I can color sometimes and that seems to draw me out of the funk but not always! I love this card though. The bird on it and the way you did the distressing and added the flowers is incredible! So, so spretty! You arejust a genius with the scrap cards. I feel like I have to have a stamp on a card but you really inspire me! And a huge thanks for the template. Can't wait to use it!

Smiles,
janna

Smita said...

Thanks for sharing the template, maria. Lovely card.

And here's a comment on the previous 'butterfly' card from my 28 month old son, Aaryan... "WOW! (in English)".."Did you make it early in the morning (in Hindi)" :D That is quite a comment coming from a 2 year old, don't you think? :-)))))

Unknown said...

It's totally 'tweet' Maria.
OK, it's a rubbish description, but thought it might cheer you up a bit. ;0)
Viv xxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You may be feeling blah but your card sure isn't!!!!! I love it!! Stunning collage type card!!Love the bird and your distressing! o.k., I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing the template. Hope you feel better soon!!

Jodi said...

Hope the rest of your day gets better! I think its a cute bird too, great idea for the rhinestone as the eye and the distress ink on the edges. It gives it a little more dimension. =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Little C's Creations said...

Very pretty n' love these colors. Sorry you were feeling kinda crabby. I get like that all the time too... and then I don't post anything. I think for me, it's because I'm overwhelmed with too many projects in my head, and I don't know which one I should do first. Don't forget to use your "to do list" notebook, it helps (just a little), until you see how much you have to do on paper, then I get all crabby again. LOL.... well, at least when you're crabby, you still create as awesome as you usually do!!! =0)

Big Hugs,
Jen

Risa said...

Another cute scrappy card....truly awesome Maria!
Congratulations on your DT position as well! Your are very deserving and your card is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this bird card!!!! Thank you for sharing the template. I will have to try one (AFTER this crazy week Ü)

2 Worlds said...

BEautiful Scrapcard Maria
thanks for template

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love the pretty papers you used!
The bird is gorgeous! Thank you very much for sharing the template!

Rleen said...

WOW! Maria, this is gorgeous! I love your coloring and the cute birdie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |