Sunday, May 31, 2009

Stampin' Up Thank You Card

Hi Friends!! I'm not too sure about this card. . . .you know. . .whether I like it or not. LOL! I'm more in the direction of not liking it . . .I don't know, it looks kinda messy looking.

Did you all have a wonderful Saturday? Remember the other day, we went shopping at a store that was going out of business and everything was on sale for 50 to 80% off. Well, we decided to buy a projector. . .you know, the type where you can project a movie on a large screen or your wall. We decided to buy a large screen for the projector. It's fantastic because you can bring it on camping trips rather than having a small TV and such. Well, we tested it out last night in our backyard and we had movie night out on our patio. It was so fun! I told my daughter to invite a few of her friends during the summer and do an outdoor movie night. We can turn on the fireplace in the backyard, make smores and watch movies. She thought that would be a great idea.

Gosh I wish I had this sort of life when I was a kid. Life was quite different for me. I came from a conservative Catholic upbringing. This sort of stuff would have been considered frivolous and over indulgence. LOL!

Anyway. . .a little about my card. First of all I cut the flowers terribly. It must have been one of my moody days when I created this card. I've been having terrible lower back pain which really dampers my enthusiasm for anything. Half of the time I'm complaining about my back. I really need to get it checked but I know the primary reason for it. The 20+ lbs I gained is too much for my small petite frame. Seriously. . .I'm a small chick with a whole lot of weight burdening my bones. My bones weren't meant to carry all this extra weight. I have a size 6 1/2 shoe size and if I'm not careful, I may topple over or collapse my poor ankles. LOL! I'm not kidding.


I heat embossed the flowers with clear embossing flowers. In the last minute I decided to add the lace. I'm not sure I like the lace but I love my ribbon and bow. I think it's a pretty ribbon.

Anyway, it's another busy day. I need to drive my daughter to a testing site for a math exam she needs to take before she register for college. Unfortunately, it's a 45 minutes drive. I don't like to drive but oh, well. . .I gotta do what I gotta do.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!!


I'll add the details of the card later. . .I can't remember the stamp set name. It's upstairs in my craft room and I'm blogging from my laptop downstairs.

14 comments:

Marisa said...

Maria it's beautiful! Love the way you embellished the flowers, very pretty! Have a great day! :)

Unknown said...

Heeey...I have this stamp set somewhere in my stash!!! This is one of my favorites! Your card is gorgeous! I love how you heat embossed the flowers. Great layout too! =)

Elena said...

I think this card is beautiful! I love the flowers! Love how you used ribbon and lace!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!!!!

Jamee said...

your card is beautiful!!!

de said...

I like your card! Maybe its because it's a little different then what you've been doing lately that you were unsure of it??!! I think it's BEAUTIFUL!

I'll be over for movie night next week, what are we watching?! Wow, sounds SOOO nice. I wish I could come! There was a time I came to CA a couple times a year... but not much anymore. SIGH.

Scrapbook Mania said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I love what you did with this stamp. The embossing and shininess are awesome. I love the ribbon too.

Your movie night sounds like fun. We actually did the same thing last football season. We showed the game from our TV on our outside porch and also had the outside fire pit going as well. That way our friends could watch a couple of different games at the same time. It was so much fun!!!

xoxo, Christine

Mary said...

Some how I don't think that you are going to topple over.:) As for gaining 20 pounds I can relate to you. I gained it over the winter due to lack of exercise and eating sugar. I now walk every day that it does not rain and I have slowly lost 6 of the 20 pounds I gained. I have always been thin so an extra 20 pounds on my frame makes a huge difference.

Okay enough about that. I *love* this card and I do not think that it is messy at all. It is beautiful Maria.

Mary

Randi said...

Maria, I think it's really beautiful! I love the iridescence to it!! And, I like all the frilly stuff!

Your outdoor movie night with s'mores sounds fantastic! Sounds like you're going to have a great summer!!

Diane said...

You are so hard on yourself! That card is just so beautiful!!!
The movie thing sounds so much fun,it's so true,kids now a days have it made don't they!!
Hope your back is better!

Cindy Haffner said...

So gorgeous Maria. You are amazing!!!!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Maria! I love the vivid colors and the flowers are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Dawn Easton said...

Very pretty card Maria! Those flowers are wonderful!

How much fun...to have a movie night outdoors...I bet your daughter and friends will LOVE to do that this summer!!

Rita said...

Fabulous card Maria!

Sounds like you all had a great evening in Maria's movieland & up coming features could turn into get together's for a night out! Count me in...oh I forgot, I live too far away...darn it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |