Monday, May 25, 2009

Multi-color Crayon Embossing Resist Tutorial

Happy Memorial Day, Friends!! What did you all do today? Well, my husband left for his business trip this morning and initially, I was going to stay at home and maybe make some cards, blurf, etc. . .but I decided to visit a town about 15 minutes away from where I live.

It's funny because we've lived in California for 4 years and we've never visited this particular town. A few weeks ago, we had to drive my daughter there to take a writing test for college and we were quite surprised how many shops, restaurants, and stores there were in this town and it was only 15 minutes away.

In my younger days, I was a bit more adventurous but as I grew older, I don't know what happened to me. I sort of became comfortable staying in one place, never venturing out. . .less curious about the world. I think this happens when your life becomes a routine and the need to do anything different from the norm becomes less important.

Anyway. . .to make a long story short. . .my daughter and I spent the day in this town just looking around, shopping, and eating lunch there. It was fun. We even found a store that was going out of business and everything was 50 to 80% off! How fun!!


Okay. . .now to my card. I made this card this morning. It was quite fast and easy. My goal was to keep things simple. I think I managed to keep the card simple enough. What do you think?

I created the background using the Multi-color embossing resist technique and the tutorial is provided below. It's a tutorial I created about a year ago. It's not a new technique but if you want to try out my version, scroll down to the tutorial below.



I created the flower using the SU Fifth Avenue Floral set using the same technique but cut out the flowers and layered them.

I actually have a lot of cards to post. . .I was a good girl yesterday and made a bunch of cards and I'll post a few of them tomorrow.

Hope you all have a beautiful day!

Card Details:

Stamps: SU Fifth Avenue Floral, Designer Labels
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, So Saffron (I think)
Ink: SU Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Accessories: SU Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, White embossing powder, SU Vanilla Hodge Podge hardware, Designer Label Punch, Scallop edge punch, CB Embossing folder


With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print. You may also save it on to your computer. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance!


Multi Color Crayon Embossing ResistAdd Image








17 comments:

Vicki G said...

This is Beautiful Maria!!!! WOW!! Just Stunning!!!


Vicki

Cami said...

Oh Maria, I just can't keep up with you. I didn't get a chance to blurf and look at you! all these wonderful cards you've created. Love them ALL. Thanks for reintroducing your tutorial! Hugs, Cami

doris said...

Your card is so beautiful Maria!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Tammy said...

Oh My Goodness Marie!! This is brilliant, beautiful, fantastic, gorgeous!!
I'm over the moon about this card. It is truly fantastic.
Thanks for the video tutorial. I can't wait to try it out.
TFS

Stephenie said...

This is gorgeous Maria! I love it. Thanks for the tutorial! =0)

Stampin'Piper said...

Fantastic! It looks so beautiful!

Hugs Tanja

Gram E. Bear said...

Maria, It's absolutely lovely. Yes, for you, you did keep it simple although managing to create a beautiful card as always.

Beth Norman said...

Wow, lots to look at and read about today. Your card is so, so pretty. Your tutorial is great! It's hard to imagine your card being quick. Glad you found a new place to shop, and so close too.

Diane said...

What a beauty!!! One day I'll have to get gutsy and try something like this. It looks stunning and your tutorial is wonderful Maria!

Dawn Easton said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Maria! Wowzers girl! I LOVE those colours together....FANTASTIC!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love the flower, it looks SO real!!!!

Becky said...

WOW...This is just gorgeous, I am loving this shade of pink and the flower back ground is awesome, I must try this :), thanks for the tutorial, and thanks for stopping by.

Elena said...

This card is so gentle! I love the soft colors you chose, Maria! Thank you very much for sharing a tutorial!

CreativeMish said...

Wow! What a beautiful flower!

Risa said...

Wowzers....this card is beautiful..I love the flower..so pretty!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! This is absolutely the most beautiful card ever!! I'm going to have to watch your tutorial. I love the colors, softness, everything!

Islander Girl said...

Maria another beautiful card!!! Love all the colors!!! So pretty!

So what town did you ended up going to? Is it where my In-laws live? There are lots of places to shop over there! Oh and don't forget all the outlets! In fact there are a few scrapbook stores that I like over there!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards!

Aloha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |