Thursday, April 9, 2009

TGF Susie Surprise and February Sketches 2009 (Compilation)

Hi Friends! Wow, it's Thursday already. It's unbelievable how it seems that the days are just flying so quickly. Last night I was complaining to my husband that I wish I needed only 2 to 3 hours of sleep so I can get more things done. The truth is if I didn't waste my time and was a bit more organized, I probably could get more things done and still have a full 8 hours of sleep.

Before I went to bed last night, I worked on this card. This cutie is an image by The Greeting Farm and the set name is Susie Surprise This stamp set is one of April's release so stop by TGF and check out the new releases!!

I paper pieced the flower thing on her head and colored the rest of the image with Copic markers. This card sort of "evolved". . I initially had a different plan for this card but things didn't work out so I "improvised". You must think I "improvise" a lot with my cards. I actually do. Many times what I start off with, usually ends up as something else! LOL!

Hey, I'm almost done with the 3rd Twilight book "Eclipse". Before I went to bed last night, the plan was to finish it but at 2 in the morning, well I could no longer keep my eyes open to finish the book. I'll finish the book today and will start on the 4th book "Breaking Dawn".

You know, I was once an avid reader but stopped reading for one reason or another. You sorta need to get into the groove similar to needing your mojo when you craft. Well, the nice thing about Twilight. . .it gave me back my reading mojo and I cannot wait to find another book to read after I'm done with Twilight.

Anyway, don't forget to scroll down and check out the other card I made last night. I also posted the compilation of "February Sketches 2009" below.



Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Susie Surprise
Paper: K&CO designer paper, SU Pink Passion, Green Galore, Ballet Blue
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Darice craft wood, Fiskar "Victorian" and "scallop" scissors, Making Memories ribbon, Coluzzle Oval template, SU Word Window punch, Office Depot swirl clip









With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print as well as save the document. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the tutorial. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Scroll down the page by sliding the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial. Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance






23 comments:

WickedPixie said...

So Cute! I was working on that same image last night (I haven't had a chance to take a photo so I will probably post it tomorrow) I like yours with her sassy green hair! So funny, the thing behind her head - my Hubby thought it was a hat, I think she's holding balloons behind her back - it's like a Rorschach test! (but adorable!) :-) Traci

Sandra said...

Adorable card..love the colors. You do such great work and your stamp collection is awesome.
Have a great Easter weekend
Sandy

Becky G said...

Absolutely adorable, Maria! I too like the green hair! So fun!!!

Hugs~Becky

Unknown said...

Hi Maria! This card looks so fun! I love the bright colors and the image is adorable. Once again...the layout is perfect!

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is the cutest ever!~ I love the color of her hair, that just made me smile so big! What a great card, love the fence!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun, super job Maria. MY hubby thought it was a cowboy hat, but I think it's balloons. I need to get working on mine, I just got my TGF stamps today.

--Happy Easter!!

Randi said...

Wow!! This is incredible! So vivid and cheerful! Look at those details! I LOVE the picket fence!! I admire your brilliant use of color!!

Maria Therese said...

lovely card!!!

Diane said...

Oh my she's too cute!! Love the scene you created!

Joy said...

WOW! you made that card look so amazing! you always do such lovely work! thank you for always posting and inspiring me! have a wonderful weekend...happy Easter!

Elena said...

Oh, I love the cute little scene you created, Maria! So much fun! Love the colors and your coloring!
Thank you for sharing all of the sketches!

Enjoli said...

OMG Maria! So so cute! She is in my fav color...Green! hehehe... Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Enjoli

Gabby said...

SUPER CUTE!!! But then again all your work is!!! My Susise still hasn't seen ink! LOL!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

She is so so so super cute!!! I really love your colors and your coloring and that fence is adorable this makes a great scene!!!

Heather

Denise said...

Maria, You make the most amazing cards!!!! I just love them. Have a Happy Easter!

Jodi said...

Aww, that is so cute!! Love the colors you used for her and the fence looks great on your card.
I think she is holding balloons behind her. =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Ahh Maria, She's such a cutey with her green hair andd who knows what behind her head. Love that fence too. Great detail.
Viv xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria! This could NOT get any cuter!!! I love her hair in blue...hehe...the picket fence, the layout, all of it is wonderful girl!!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Christine said...

What an awesome card. Those bright colors are spectacular!!! I love that you colored her hair blue. It turned out beautifully. Thanks so much the inspiration and the tutorial. I am off to download it. Have a great weekend.

Janna said...

Awesome Maria!!!! I love the bright colors and that you gave her blue hair! So, so fun! The stitchign on the flower and the beautiful fence though are just amazing! I love all your detail work!


I have tos ay I haven't yet started on the second Twilight book. I am the same way. I get into a groove and then somehow get out of it! I guess I need to get back in one!

Smiles,
janna

Rita said...

So cute Maria & I luv that fence, these images from The Greeting Farm are so darn cute!

Rleen said...

WOW! This is really amazing!!! I LOVE all the details. Stunning card! You did a fabulous job! TFS!

Mariska said...

This card is so funny!! I love the cute image and the scene you've created with the fence (hope that's how you spell it :S) with the large flower. Lovely bright colours... gorgeous!!

xxx
Mariska

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |