Tuesday, April 28, 2009

InStyle Stamps Sneak Peek - Leroy and Boys Like Girls Thunder Video

Hey Friends! Just a video and a card for you today! This video is by Boys Like Girls called "Thunder". My daughter can play this song on the guitar and I' like to sing the lyrics while she plays it. By the way, I don't sing very well but I love this song! It kills my daughter and husband when I ask my daughter to play it on the guitar because they know that I'll start singing the song. Knowing that she could play it, I memorized all the words. LOL! Well, today I decided to listen to the song and I felt a little sad. . .a good sad because it brings back good memories of me and my daughter having a good time. . .I think this will be a song when I listen to it years from now will make me cry. Silly, I know. Do you feel that way with some songs. . .you know, you feel a little sad because it brings back good memories?

This is actually my second post for the day! I actually have another one today but I'll post it later in the afternoon! I actually have a back up of cards that I created and well, it's sort of piling up! Can you believe it? "Do you craft all day?". you ask. No, I don't! LOL! But, what I am getting good at is being focused. Lately I can whip up a card within half an hour! As long as I don't do anything but color and put the card together. If I do a technique, then it takes me longer.

Now to the card, it's sneak peak of InStyle Stamps Leroy! Whoohoo! Okay, Leroy is a cool dude for sure! Look at him dance. Kinda reminds me of Obama when he's dancing. . .don't you think? LOL! I'm not a "masculine card" kind of gal so I didn't know how to dress this card up without it looking girly so I went through my stash of scrabook embellishments and I had this "Jolee's Boutique" jukebox embellishment like FOREVER! I don't know. . .I buy a lot of stuff and I usually have a purpose for them. . .like way back when I bought them but then it sorta sits in a container. I then forget what I bought it for in the first place.


I thought it fitting for a guy card. I think I'll give this card to my husband for Father's Day. I should have colored his hair brown because my husband has brown hair but I wasn't thinking of him initially when I made this card.

I drew in the checkered floor to make it look like Leroy is at a diner boogying his butt off! LOL!

I colored the image with my Copic Markers and that's about it!

Stop by InStyle Stamps and check out all the AWESOME Retro stamps they carry. Until April 30th, you can purchase InStyle Stamps at 20% off!

To receive your 20% discount, go to InStyle Stamps and start filling your shopping cart. When you are ready to place your order, do the following:

1. Type my name, Maria, in the Special Instructions box (so I get credit for referring you)

2. Type ISSA20009 in the Discount Coupon box.

Now hit the Recalculate button to receive your 20% discount.


Hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Leroy
Paper: SU Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue
Ink: Copic Markers, Copic Multi-liner
Accessories: Jolee's Boutique embellishment, JoAnn Brads




21 comments:

Jodi said...

Cool image and I love how you used your long lost jukebox and drawn in floor! He does look like a cool dude. You're so funny, he dances like Obama..LOL!=)
Hugs,
Jodi=)

Vicky said...

Lovin' Leroy! That is an awesome card and a PERFECT image for a dad card :).

MacKenzie said...

Wahoo! Go Leroy! Go Leroy!

Hilarious card Maria - love it!
Thanks for the giggle :-)

Joy said...

too cute that image! back in those "olden" days...juke box and big hair...lol! you are one busy lady always posting and creating! thanks for the daily inspiration! have a great day!

Tina said...

yes - this is a very cool card for dad. Love it - thanks for uploading my card - not sure why but I did do it around 11pm or so maybe I forgot to push save. thanks for that...

Cindy Haffner said...

Hehe love Leroy, so cool. Perfect for Father's Day. Love all your details, awesome job.

Ila said...

Oh My Gosh!! This is So Fabulous!!...love the way you colored these Cool images...and your added artwork is always Fantastic!!...Hugs, Ila

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Leroy sure is cool Maria and what a great find in your stash the juke box was. Fabulous card and so fun! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! the detail is amazing!

Jennie said...

This turned out great! I love all of the coloring (beautiful as always) and I love the way you did Leroy's hair, nice touch!

Just want to let you know that I am no longer on the ISS DT...I still want to pop in on your blog though because you are so talented!!! Enjoy seeing what you come up with day to day.

Islander Girl said...

Oooh wow, I like!! I'm like you, I don't do well with masculine cards, however you did an awesome job for someone that "doesn't do masculine cards" LOL! The jukebox goes perfectly with the stamped images. I tell ya girl you are crackin' with the cards!!! You go girl! LOL!

de said...

Totally rad card girlie! ;-) Thanks for the discount code too! Wow! I'm going to go listen to that song now!

Lisa Foster said...

Omgosh THIS is GREAT! Love it!

Mary said...

I love that you used the jukebox from Jolees to go with the retro stamp.

I enjoyed the song very much. It sounds as though your daughter has talent when it comes to playing guitar. As for crying at certain songs. yes, I do that. I think I cry because the happy time that the song reminds me of is only a memory now. A good memory but I misss the real moment.

Mary

doris said...

A hammer Map... wow!!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Maria this is AWESOME! Love the jukebox with Leroy! That's adorable!!!
Hugs~ Kim

kadie said...

Maria!! Leroy is SOOOOO cool! Love the coloring and layout and the jukebox is AWESOME!! Another fantastic card!! I can't wait to get this stamp!

WickedPixie said...

What a cool FUN card! :-) Traci

Heather Schlatter said...

How stinking funny is this??? I love your layout and coloring!!! Different card from your usual which is refreshing too!!! I love how creative you are!!!

Heather

CreativeMish said...

Too funny! and so Retro!

Elena said...

Wow! What a fun card! Love the embellishment and checkered floor you draw!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |