Sunday, April 26, 2009

InStyle Stamps Melanie


Hi Friends!! Did you have fun hopping around with the InStyle Stamps April blog hop! Well, I had fun!! Thank you for those who voted for my project. I really appreciate it. I don't know who won, but there were so many AWESOME projects by the other designers that everyone were winners!

Hey, remember the other day I had talked about my Dakota having his 2 teeth extracted. Well, he also had his vaccination, teeth cleaning, ear cleaning and nail clipping and few other routine tests. . .all together we were down $1,000. Can you imagine? Dog care is stinkin' EXPENSIVE!! We also had to get our other dog Phoenix vaccinated, physical exam, etc. . .and that cost $289. Okay, people. . .animal care cost more than human care. Arrrgggh! But that's okay, we want our dogs to live a long and happy life so you gotta do what you gotta do but I wish it wasn't so expensive. By the way, Dakota is doing really well. I think he is so much happier now that he is pain free. He is so bubbly and just his happy normal self.

InStyle Stamps is celebrating spring with a special discount for our customers! From now until April 30th, you can save 20% off of your entire order, so it is a great time to stock up on all of the cuties you have been drooling over!

To receive your 20% discount, go to InStyle Stamps and start filling your shopping cart. When you are ready to place your order, do the following:


1. Type my name, Maria, in the Special Instructions box (so I get credit for referring you)

2. Type ISSA20009 in the Discount Coupon box.

Now hit the Recalculate button to receive your 20% discount.


Just a little info on my card. I drew the tree branch so that it looks like "Melanie" is swinging from a tree. I colored the images with my Copic Markers and that's basically it.

Anyway. . .I have a lot of cards to post. . .really. I've been busy. LOL! I'll be posting a few more some time today so be sure to come back!!

Hope y'all have a beautiful Sunday!!

P.S. If you like to read, be sure to stop by my new book club site "the Cafe Corner Book Club" and group forum. I'm thinking of starting a discussion on the Twilight books. It'll be an open discussion so you don't have to join my book club to participate in the discussion. I'll let you all know when I start the discussion at the group forum!!


Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Melanie, SU
Paper: MME, SU Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Copic Markers, Copic Multi-liner
Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, Colorbok metal embellishment, JoAnn brads




17 comments:

KeeponScrappin said...

Love the tree. Very pretty Maria! I know what you mean. Our lil' toy poodle Princess isn't the cheapest when it comes to maintaining. Well, she has to live up to her name. heehee

doris said...

Wow... wow... wow... "BEAUTIFUL" Maria!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Cathy said...

Maria,

This is adorable!! I love your tree. Animal care is very expensive! But what do you do?? I guess we just have to enjoy them and try not to worry about that aspect. I'm glad Dakota is doing well.

Hugs,
Cathy

Danni said...

Oh she looks like she's having so much fun and so carefree.......whheeee!! LOL!!
Wonderful card!

Risa said...

Your card is super cute Maria! The 3D feature of the tree is so cool and of course, I love your image!
hugs
Risa:)

Sandra said...

Maria your card is adorable. Like the way you have her swinging from the tree. Sorry I missed the blog hop. Good luck!!
Sandy

Ali said...

Very pretty! That sketch is a keeper!
Thanks for sharing!

Jamers said...

Maria,

I was given a gift by a fellow blogger and was asked to return the favor and you are one of my chosen to recieve the favor. Please visit my site at www.scrapbookingourmemories.blogspot.com. I wanted to thank you for your wonderful site that I learn so much from, I visit often and love the work you do.

Jamie

Jodi said...

I know what you mean about the puppy bills, but we love them, so we gotta do what we gotta do! =)
This is so cute! Great job drawing that tree for her to swing on. Looks like it was just part of a stamped image!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Ila said...

Love your fabulous card Maria...your coloring is fabulous and she really looks like she is swinging!!
I'm sure hearing ya on these prices for dog care...We love our fella too...and feel he's worth it. But... it almost seems like a dog or cat is becoming a luxury and sadly it probably contributes to the amount of animals needing rescuing...Sad!!....Hugs, Ila

Elena said...

Wow! Your drawing is fantastic! I love the scene you created! When I look at this girl I just want to swing with her! Thank you for the beautiful card, Maria!

Little C's Creations said...

LOL... what a fun card, Mari!! Love how you made the tree that a way...

hugs,
Jen

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card! I love how you cut the branch.

Rita said...

Wow, I luv it Maria, it's so cute & creative!

Vicky said...

So cute, Maria! Love that tree branch!!! Is that from SU? Your coloring is always so amazing - just love it!

Cami said...

How fun is this card??!! I love how you positioned the tree and she looks like she's having fun swinging away! Who didn't love to ride the swings at school and at the park? So fun and carefree! Great card Maria! Hugs, Cami

Kim said...

Maria what a fabulous card hun! I love it!!! It's so pretty!
Hugs~ Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |