Monday, April 20, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Sketch Challenge #13


Hi Friends!! Hey, it's Monday and it's challenge time again!! Christmas Stampin All Year Long has a new sketch challenge for you! We're on week 13 now! Awesome!!

Initially, it was difficult to be making Christmas cards so early in the year but as I made more of them, it's like a normal routine. Honestly, I'm just happy that I'm getting my Christmas cards out of the way. By December, I should have at least 40 Christmas cards to either give out, sell at the Christmas craft fare or give out as a gift set. It's sort of exciting.

Be sure to stop by the Christmas Stampin All Year Long blog site and check out the beautiful Christmas cards that the design team created!!

Just a little info on my card. I stamped the snowflake images on the background on the SU Pink Pirouette card stock and heat embossed them with SU Iridescent Ice. I also did the same thing with the snowflakes in the circle shapes but I cut the images out and mounted the with foam tape to give them a 3D effect.

Anyway, I hope to see you playing along this week!! It would be nice to see your pretty Christmas cards!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Monday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: SU Snowflakes, SU A Cardinal Christmas
Papers: SU Candy Lane designer paper, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Cranberry Crisp
Ink: SU Baroque Burgundy Craft Ink, Regal Rose Craft Ink, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: SU Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Iridescent Ice embossing powder

20 comments:

de said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I had time to play along! This is so pretty! I love the pink and red together! Beautiful!

Dealbaida said...

What an unusual - and totally fabulous - Christmas colour scheme. Best Christmas card I've seen all year!

Marion,
UK

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Maria...I TOTALLY love this colour combo for a Christmas card. Each year I find myself making a few pink cards because I do have single friends who LOVE pink! GREAT layout too!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Maria! I love the color of it..very pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Rachel Brumley said...

Maria

Beautiful card! Love the glitter and all the details. You come up with some amazing cards week after week on the Christmas blog.

Danni said...

This is amazing!! I love it! The colors are to die for and it has a Victorian feel to it. Wonderful!!

Denise said...

Pretty card, I love those colors, nice to have other colors besides the red & green Christmas colors.

Michelle said...

Maria - I ADORE this card!! First off the color is wonderful and those circles with snowflakes are gorgeous. I just love your card creations - you are so talented!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuu! Pretty in Pink! Love this Maria. The three sparkly snow flakes are divine & that sentiment is perfection! :O)

Lisa Foster said...

Oh MY!!! Maria this is so beautiful! I love all the sparkle! Girlfriend, your talent amazes me more and more everyday! Thanks for always being such a wonderful inspiration! {{Hugs}}
L

Diane said...

I love it Maria!!!! It looks fabulous,the colors are OMG!!!

Elena said...

Very beautiful Christmas card, Maria!
I love the dimension you created!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love this card in pink!!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

You did a gorgeous job on this!!! I love the colors you choose and the embossed snow flakes are so so so pretty!!!!

I wish I had been playing around with you all year so far so I had this many Christmas cards done too!!!

Heather

Joy said...

this came out so wonderful! I love heat embossing and I haven't done that in a while...I better start again and try to remember all the things I used to do to add it to my card! HA! I wish I could =) this card came out so pretty and love the colors. keep up the awesome work!

Jodi said...

This is a pretty card! Love the pink of course, and the pretty snowflakes!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, this looks stunning!

Vicki G said...

This is gorgeous, as are all your creations!!!!

Vicki

JackieLou said...

HELP Maria I'n way behind hehehehe. Love the colors of this card. As always an inspiration to me and all the other gals... Super artsie luv for ya sistah

Tina said...

all i can say is OMG - I love everything about this card - the colors - the design - it is trully my favorite so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |