Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stampin Up Fifth Avenue Floral and The Greeting Farm Fairy Eva

Hi Friends! I hear you saying "daaaaang, what a long a** post, Maria!". Quiet little one. . .LOL! I always say "quiet little one" to my daughter when she complains. . .remember, Yoda in Star Wars when he tells young Luke Skywalker "patience, young pad one". . .well, me and my family say stuff like that to one another. When my husband gets mad, I'll say "calm down, mean one" LOL!!!

Anyway, remember I wrote that I had bought my husband something for his birthday that was soooooooo not worth the cost. Well, I wanted to buy him a Baskin Robin ice cream cake for his birthday but it turns out they closed the shop in our town. Whaaa! Down the street as we were driving home, I saw the "Edible Art" store and decided to stop by. My husband loves eating fruits so I thought an "edible arrangement" was a good replacement for the birthday cake. Well, people. . .this fruit arrangement cost $50!! Yup, $50!! I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to buy it. I blew my stamping money for this fruit arrangement. My husband liked it but he said not to do it again. LOL!!!


Anyway. . .now to my card. Like I said this will be a long post, so bear with me. I LOVE the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set by Stampin Up! Such a beautiful stamp set. How did I create the flower to look the way it does? Well, for one thing it took a bit of work but I like how it turned out.

Here is how I did it. If you have a lot of time, you can try it out. If you want a tutorial, just comment and I'll create one. Okay, here goes: I stamped the rose image 3 times on both vellum and Cranberry Crisp card stock, heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.


I colored the images on the vellum with my SU pastels and sprayed fixative over them. This caused the vellum to curl a bit after it dried.

I then cut all 3 images on the card stock in layers as well as the 3 images on the vellum. I layered each vellum over each card stock and mounted them over one another using foam tape.

For the background, I stamped the images and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder then colored them with pastels. You can see the pastel coloring better in person.

To create the gold edge on the card stock and sentiment, I used a gold leaf pen. That's about it!


Anyway, here is a closer view of the flower. I really like how it turned out but you have to be really in the mood to do a lot of cutting to create the layered rose. What do you think?

Don't forget to scroll down. . .I posted another card. I told you this will be a long post.















Card Details:

Stamps: SU Fifth Avenue Floral
Paper: SU Raspberry Tart designer paper, SU Cranberry Crisp, Pink Pirouette, Vellum
Ink: Versamark ink, Gold Leaf Pen, SU Pastels, SU Cranberry Crisp
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, SU Satin Ribbon, SU Large Oval Punch, JoAnn Gold brads






I actually created this card moons ago! Seriously. . .maybe over 2 weeks ago but there were other cards I needed to post first. This image is such a cutie. . .she's a stamp by "The Greeting Farm" called "Fairy Eva".

I colored Fairy Eva in dim light and didn't realize how dark her hair color was until I saw it in brighter light. This is what happens when you color in the family room while watching TV. I tried fixing it by using the blender pen to remove some of the color but it didn't work out too well. Argggh!

I didn't want to redo her again so I just left it as is. I also highlighted her hair using a metallic pen by Sakura. You can see it a little bit in this picture. The rest of the card is basically layering and arranging different elements.






You can't see the metallic sheen on her hair in this angle. You can only see it if the light shines on it at a different angle.

Anyway, stop by The Greeting Farm and check out the other fairies. . . .they're all supah cute.

Again, sorry for the long post. My posts will be long like this for the next week or so. I got a lot of stuff to post and there's not enough days to post them all.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!












Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Fairy Eva
Paper: SU Berry Bliss designer paper, Cranberry Crisp, Pink Passion or Pixie Pink (can't remember)Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Metallic Pen, Sakura gel pen, Cranberry Crisp
Accessories: Coluzzle Circle Template, Fiskar scallop scissors, Prima flower, Making Memories metal sentiment, CB embossing folder, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Satin Ribbon


24 comments:

Danni said...

That fruit arrangement is amazing! Looks so yummy!
The SU card is truly stunning! What amazing job you did!
I love the Fairy Eva card. I like her hair dark...very nice!
You rock!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a delish arrangement! I hope he enjoyed it ;)
Your Fairy Eva is sooo pretty! I really love the colors you used!
... and that SU flower is gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job!
I have to try that heat embossing - I've had it for about 4 months now, lol! I keep forgetting {blushing}!
Amazing creations, Maria! TFS!
{{hugs}}, margie

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful cards, Maria. And hubbys arrangement looks very yummy...despite the cost of it! :0)

Rita said...

I've been wanting to try those edibles so now I won't bother..too pricey for something so small, TFS!

Wow, Maria...you out did yourself on this beauty! I luv your Rose card & yes I luv this stamp set too! I luv what you did with the vellum & all that gold EP...so elegant! Super job & so creative!

Your fairy Eva card is so cute & I luv that MS heart punch, now I'm going to have to get 1 of those, I just bought the fence punch yesterday.

Kyoko said...

WOW, you did a FAB job on the SU Fifth Avenue Floral! I just love the colors. Fairy Eva is so awesome ... I really love your coloring! It would probably take me hours to even attempt to create something like this! TOTALLY AWESOME!

Unknown said...

You'll have to sort your priorities out girl!!! Should've got him a pineapple (they're pretty), and spent the rest on craft stuff!!
LOVE these two cards. The colours are so deep and sumptious. Love the fairy's hair. I've seen women with hair that colour, it's fine!
Viv xx

Cami said...

Whoa! That (megabucks)fruit arrangement is so cool! How refreshing it looks! It's not the COST but the thought that counts right? (Don't do this again like your husband said (giggles)). Maria, you took this Fifth Avenue card to another level! I love how you layered the flowers... so dimensional (as always). It truly is a beautiful card. Hugs, Cami. P.S. Have a great Sunday!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, you were right--a long post indeed. Holy cow, $50 for that arrangement? That sure was awful steep. Yikes. Your detailed flower card is amazing. I read your instructions and see you put lots of work into it. I can tell because the results are stunning. Your second card is also very, very cute.

Kay said...

Hi- Your blog is truly amazing with everything you share with us! The SU rose is so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs Kay

CreativeMish said...

I had the edible art once. My friend at work got a huge bouquet of it. The fruit wasn't very ripe. I wasn't impressed at all!

Your Rose care is stunning!! I love how you colored the velum! and then layered it. and the gold embossing! WOW!

and your little fairy card is adorable! I think her hair looks just fine!

Sandra said...

Maria your cards are fantastic...the rose is beautiful!!
The fruit arrangement is great, but the price is wow....Don't think i'll be getting one of these.
Maybe make my own!!LOL
Have a great Sunday
Sandy

de said...

Soooo pretty! I want that embossing die!

Joan Ottevanger said...

Ohh what a beautiful card with the Fifth Avenue Foral set.
I have also that set but what you did with your card thats great.
So please show use how you make the rose!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabulous cards Maria, the flower is so beautiful and I just love the dimension of your second card also. I love the sweet fairy image, Wow that fruit arrangement sure looks yummy too, Have a great evening and looking forward to your PCS sneaks, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love fruit and that arrangement looks like fun.

Your rose card is GORGEOUS!!! WOWZERS!!! That is so cool!

Cheryl Walker said...

Hello Maria,
First OMGosh I cant believe fruit for 50.00 YIKES, I would have said the same thing if my hubby bought me that!!!LOL (DONT DO IT AGAIN!!!(LOL) Second I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT ROSE FROM STAMPIN UP!!! I have been putting off buying it, and now Im wanting it!!! Shame on you!!!LOL

Your card turned out way BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the detail you put into it, WOW!!!

Third I love your fairy and no her hair isnt tooo dark, just remember this, you can NEVER mess a card up with color :) Even when you think its not right, everyone else will :) I love her hair color and wouldnt mind using the same color?????If you get time stop by my blog and leave the color for me please:)

I understand about posting let me tell ya, never seems to be enough days for us to post.....lol and then there are the days that I forget to post....lol


Anyways hun, I love the layout and your cards, and yes I LOVE the 50.00 fruit basket, BUT DONT DO IT AGAIN!!!LOL

hahahaha:)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Maria where to start, love all the rich colors, and gorgeous designs. Love that sweet fairy, great coloring. Have a greet evening, hugs Cindy

Bastelzauberin said...

What a delish arrangement!Looks so yummy!Maria your cards are fantastic...the rose is beautiful!!

Silke X

Michelle said...

Beautiful cards but that ROSE card is absolutely amazing!!! I'm sure it was a lot of work but wow the results are well worth it!!

Donna said...

The rose you made with the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp is very stunning! Please share your tutorial on exactly how you did this.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

What gorgeous fruit arrangement. You are SOOOOOooh sweet to spend your stamping money on your DH. Taht lucky fella! ;O) Your Manhattan rose is unbelievable! Who knew that the spray would curl the petals! Makes it look so real. and that Fairy Eva! What a gorgeous card. You ROCK!!! :O)

Elena said...

The fruit arragnment looks so delicious!
Love your rose card, Maria! Gorgeous colors and pastel gives a very nice sof colors to the flower! So rose look like real!
Yuor fairy card is so cute!!! Don't see anything wrong with her hair!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

I love how you did two cards in the same color scheme!!! Your coloring is great and I love the colors you choose!!!

You did a great job on both of these and I love love love that heart boarder punch!! I really want it and have never seen it anywhere!!!!

I love the Greeting Farm Fairy's!!!!

Heather

JackieLou said...

Great cards sister. I love them both... remember those chocolate strawberries I got for my hubs for his b-day? Shoot cost me $50 too... can you believe it... whacked out prices huh we're so craftee we could probably do them ourselves hehehe and pay ourselves $50 to buy more stamps. hehehehehehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |