Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SCS Sketch Challenge #225

Hi Friends!! You must be thinking I'm post happy lately with all the postings I've been doing! Yeah, it's not that I've been making more cards than usual but it's just that I haven't been saving my cards for future postings. When I save my cards, I sometimes take a day or two days off from crafting and do other things like play with my camera, read a book, or hang out with my family watching TV in place of stamping. I've been trying to participate in challenges and well, challenge cards can't really wait. DT cards can't wait either so that's the reason for all the double postings.

Okay, I decided to participate in the the SCS sketch challenge today! Yipee. I haven't done a SCS challenge for such a long time. I want to do more of them but argggh, there's just enough days to play.

I specifically made this card for my daughter. You know. . . my daughter is not at all impressed by my cute or elegant type cards. She's a teenager and she's not really into cute stuff. She's a rocker chic who likes to play the guitar. . .she also can play the piano but her favorite instrument is the guitar. She has an acoustic and electric guitar as well as a ukulele.

I had to avoid adding ribbons and cutsie stuff on my card. I drew the background. . .it's actually a drawing of her room. She has a sitting area near her window and her room color is brown and blue. . .her favorite colors.

Her favorite subject in school is Math. The highest level math she completed is AP Calculus and this year, she's taking AP Statistics which she loves.

I'm planning to save this card for a special occasion. Because I typically make cute cards, I don't have a stock pile of cards that I can give specifically to her for special occasions so this card will be one I'll save for her and give to her when it's called for.

The guitar and book is an embellishment by "Jolee's Boutique". No, I did not make them. I colored the WOJ image using my Copic Markers. That's about it.

Hope you all are having a fantastic evening!!



Here's the sketch for today at SCS. . .click here for the thread.

Card Details:

Stamps: Whiff of Joy, SU Just Jawing
Papers: DCWV Designer Paper, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue (I think)
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Jolee's Boutique


19 comments:

doris said...

In my short absence, you have beautiful cards made.
A large Kopmpliment from me!

Hugs Doris xx

Kyoko said...

Hey Ms. Maria! YOU ROCK! Your card and color choices are just GORGEOUS! I always look forward to your FAB creations!

Jodi said...

So cool that you created a card especially for your DD in her element! Don't you love jolee's and how they make thing so realistic. Can't wait to see your last sneak peek!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Moni said...

Fab card, love the layout and the papers are great! Beautiful image! Hugs,Moi

Sue said...

wow Maria i luv what you have done with this card, lovely colouring, the guitar is fab, luv it, sue.x

Cami said...

Oh Maria! It's so uncanny because as soon as I saw this card, I thought to myself I would tell you she reminds me of your daughter (from photos) and lo and behold, you made this for her! I love your drawing of "her room" and the embellies so perfectly describes the love for guitar playing. You're so talented and she will love and treasure this card. What a Mom you are! Hugs, Cami

Rihani said...

I love this card Maria! Cool guitar embellishment!

de said...

Wow Maria! You rocked this card! Great ideas! And I know it was probably a bit outside your comfort zone and its AMAZING! I love that you drew the background in, modeled it after your daughter's room and those scrapbook bellies - WOW, what can I say... a lot of love went into this!

And BTW, I think you secretly craft 24-7... step away from the ink pad Maria... just step away! ;-)

Lauretta See said...

WOW, thats a great looking card! the guitar, just makes that card sooooooooooooooo special.. WOW!!!
Great job as always!! Thanks for sharing :) xx

Dawn Easton said...

LOVE this card Maria! I bet your daughter thought it rocked too! That guitar embellishment is AWESOME!!! So glad you were able to play with the SCS sketch...it's my fave of the entire week...hehe!

Risa said...

Wow...Maria...I totally LOVE your card! All of the elements tie in together beautifully! When I think about it, you really don't need flowers and ribbon to make a cute card.
hugs
Risa:)

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Maria, great take on the sketch. Your colors are jiving as usual. Very cool!! Your DD will love it.

Hugs,
Jen

Tina said...

your daughter is going to love this card. The color choices are perfect for a teenager - wait I love them too...you are an amazing illustrator...great job

tina

Ila said...

Wow..and Wow again!! I love this Gorgeous card Maria!!...the background, colors, coloring, dimension and that guitar in the front...it's just all Fabulous!!....bet your daughter loves it...it's a gift in itself!!..Hugs, Ila

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Maria, and that guitar is fantastic!
Clairex

WickedPixie said...

Wow! I love this! Just perfect fro a teenager! :-) Traci

Rita said...

OMGosh Maria...she's going to LOVE this one, it's so pretty & perfect for her! I sure did think you made that guitar, you fooled me! I love all the attention to detail you put into this card!

CreativeMish said...

I love this! It almost looks like my daughter relaxing with her guitar! Great colors!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous!!! I love the scene you created! And guitar is ROCK!
Thank you for the inspiration, Maria!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |