Saturday, March 21, 2009

Recipe Pocket Card Tutorial

Hi Friends!! Happy Saturday to you all! Yay, Spring Break starts today for my daughter. What does that mean? Well, me staying up late and getting up late! I love it. We're planning to go on a trip at the end of the month but right now, it's up in the air. We had initially planned to go but we'll see.

I created this pocket card sort of randomly. I initially was just going to create a tag but it sort of evolved into a pocket card. I remembered I had created a tutorial in November of last year so I added a tutorial of this project. The only difference is that I had added a "recipe card" element to my tutorial. This pocket card is just an insert with no recipe.



The goal for this card was to actually use a few of my designer paper and card stock from my scrap pile. I had colored the image a while ago and really didn't know what to do with it. I could have made a regular card but I wanted to do something different so this is what I came up with.

I really don't like purple so I don't use it often but I had colored the image purple so I had to work with purple dps, card stock and embellishments.

Scroll down for the tutorial on the "Recipe Pocket Card".


Just a short post today. . .not much chit-chatting because I have nothing interesting to talk about. LOL!

Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!!

Card Details:

Stamp: Can't remember, Inkadinkado (sentiment)
Paper: DCWV designer paper
Ink: Copic markers, SU Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Prima flowers, Deja View brad, Round Corner Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon


With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "iPaper". It'll give you the option to print. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the tutorial. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance! You may also scroll through the tutorial by using the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial!






22 comments:

Elena said...

You are so creative, Maria!
Thank you very much for your tutorial!
I love the colors you used for your card! And what a beautiful flower!

Janna said...

Ohhh Maria this is awesome!!! I actually love the bright purples and the gorgeous green you chose to go with it! Fits perfectly with your amazing image! I just love different kinds of cards! Sometimes I get tired of making the same old same old shaped cards! It is so fun to branch out a little! Thanks to for the awesome tutorial! I can hardly wait to try it out!

I hope you have a great time while your daughter is off of school! That is going to be so much fun!!!

Smiles,
janna

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning Maria and I just love this colour combo, Fabulous design and thanks for sharing your tutorial, Hope you and your daughter have a great Spring break. We have two more weeks to go until my girls have two weeks off school.. Can't wait to be able to get up a little latter and not have to rush around first thing. Have a great Saturday, Big Hugs, Nikki

Norine said...

what a creative idea love it and thanks for the tut
Hugs
Norine

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great colors! I love LOTS of purple paper, but rarely use it.

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love all of the bright colors that you use. The bright flowers are amazing! I don't know that I've seen any those bright colors but it could be that I just haven't looked. Oh! and I love your tutorial.

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria this is so fab, I love the purples and love everything you do. Happy Week-end.

doris said...

What a fantastic card... wow!!!
Thank you very much for your tutorial!

Hugs xx
Doris

Rita said...

Adorable card Maria, luv the pocket! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to give it a try!

Smita said...

Lovely tutorial! Thank you, Maria.

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

This is beautiful!!! I love love love love those colors and those flowers on this cute project!!!!

Such a wonderful project and idea!!!

You are way to talented for one person my friend!!!

I will be back later today to catch up on the other 2 posts I missed while behind in blog land!!!

LOL

Heather

Jodi said...

I think you did a great job with the purple, I myself don't like to use purple either. It is a hard color for me, I think everything else is so much easier!! LOL!
This is a great idea as a recipe card holder instead of only using it for a note or a letter.
Enjoy Spring break with your DD!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Ila said...

Your pocket card is Gorgeous!! and the tutorial is Fabulous!!...enjoy the spring break!!...Hugs, Ila

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Maria this is so very sweet. The purple and green is ultra pretty. I love how you organize all the details in your tutorial. I can never get over how you are such a huge inspiration on so many levels. Gorgeous work!!! Hope you Gals have a blast on Spring break! :O) TOO fun! Hugs, :O) Mel

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Maria, love the vibrant colors!! Hope you and your daughter have a great time on her break!

Danni said...

Enjoy the time with your daughter! Fun, creative card!!!

Rleen said...

WOW! Maria, this is fabulous! I love it! Thank you for sharing the awesome tutorial.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Arlene

Goat Gal said...

Love this! I am thinking Mother's Day!

Denise said...

Very crative. It is so pretty, I love those 2 colors together. Love the flower!

Becky Carafa said...

Gorgeous colors!!! You are so talented with your tutorials! TFS

Dawn Easton said...

Great idea Maria! Thanks so much for sharing! I love the purple you used here...it's beautiful!
Enjoy the time with your daughter! Spring Break is still another week away for us and I'm sooooo looking forward to not rushing in the mornings...lol

Risa said...

Oh Maria...I love your beautiful pocket card! The pocket is awesome and the flowers are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |