Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stickles Disaster

Good Morning Friend! I made this card yesterday but the card above is the "fix". Here's a tip for Stickles users. . .Stickles smears digital images printed with jet ink. The second photo shows a photo of what not to do with Stickles! LOL! I noticed the black ink started smearing immediately as I applied the Stickles. When it dried, it was a mix of gold and black. Uggghhh!



In order to "fix" the ugliness of my creation. I added more Stickles hoping it would camouflage the black smear but instead it just became a thick goob!

I decided to remove the image, color another image and layer it over. I kept the center girl image and cut her out and layered her over another print minus the Stickles.

By the way. . .this Lily of the Valley image is a digital image but it's pre-colored when you download the images. I printed the image in "gray scale" so I can color the image in my own colors. It'll still retain a few of the gray shading but if you color it with Copic Markers, most of the gray shades get covered up and most of the marker's colors show up pretty nicely.



Here is another angle of the "fixed" version. Thank goodness I was able to salvage the card.

Hey. . .I created a "Facebook profile". I noticed that SCS and Paper Craft Planet now have Facebook groups . . .I was invited a few times from different crafting groups but I was like "arrrgh, I'm all over the place already. . .I can't add one more social network site". But. . . .I decided to try it out and see what is going on.

Interestingly, I found a high school classmate who lives right in my town. I was like "NO WAY". Okay, I live in California. . .I'm originally from Hawaii and went to high school in Hawaii. Apparently, this classmate was living here for 10 years and I've been here for 4 years and who knows we may have bumped into one another but did not recognize each other. How bizarre is that? She actually lives less than 5 minutes away, a block or so away from where I live! Unreal!!

Anyway, if you have a Facebook profile. . .add me as your friend. . .Click Here or find me with my email cardinspired@gmail.com or my name "Maria Bell". And, don't forget to join the SCS and PCP groups on Facebook. So far I'm having fun . . .we'll see how long I'll last on this thing.

Just a little info on my card. . .I colored my image with Copic Markers and layered the image using foam tape.

Today will be a crazy busy day. I woke early this morning at 5:45 to drop off my daughter to a community event, then had to pick her up to drop her off to school to do a study session, in 3 hours I need to pick her up and drop her off at the community event, then pick her up again.

I think I'll hang out at the event and take photos of the Key Club doing their bake sale!

Anyway. . .hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

Card Details:

Image: Lily of the Valley Digital Image, Inkadinkado (sentiment)
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Cameo Coral, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Buttons (?), Prima Flowers (Hero Arts), Organdy Riboon, Making Memories clip, SU Crystal Effects





13 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice save of the card! I hate when things like that happen.
Very pretty card!

Heather Schlatter said...

I do not have any Digi Images, because my printer is out of order at the moment, but I have thought of getting some however I so do not want to have things run all the time and I know that is just my luck!!! LOL.

Your card still turned out perfect and I am glad you had the time and they patience to re-du her up because she is a cutie!!!

Heather

Jodi said...

Thanks for the tip on the digi images and stickles! I will hopefully remember that when it comes time for me to use it then. Your card looks great!! You saved it well!
Oh, facebook, I will have to think about that one since just like you, I have so many things going on with cyberworld and everything else.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Teri said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for the tip on using stickles! I'm so glad you were able to save your card! Thanks for adding me as a friend of FB...I don't go on too often because all of these sites are addicting and I end up spending hours on them!!

Denise said...

Very pretty card, so funny about the stickles!! I've done that too. Hope your weekend is going good.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, such a cute image and beautifully coloured.I'm glad you was able to save it. Hugs Nikki x

Sharon Caudle said...

It looks awesome, Maria! Great save and thanks for the info! I'm not even venturing anywhere near facebook. LOL! I can't even keep up with my blogging!!! Have fun!

- - Sheryl - - said...

Cute image - thanks for the tip. I tried looking you up on fb, too many Maria Bell in the listing :). I also tried your email you mentioned.. hmm couldn't find you that way. I am not too good with fb. You can add me if you like.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Maria! Sweet image and great colours!
I found out the hard way with stickles and Crystal Effects that it makes the ink bleed too...that's always a bummer when you've finished up a wonderful card and then something silly like that happens....grrrr eh?!

Cindy Haffner said...

Maria this is darling and so pretty. I love your colors, i know I always tell you I love your colors, but i do. You are the Queen of color. --Happy Sunday.

Judi Markel said...

Hi Maria, I love your card. You should try Micro Glaze by Judikins. It is for putting over images that need protecting from anything wet. I have used it with stickles and it doesn't bleed. Hope this helps.
Hugs
Judi

Cathy said...

So sweet!! I love this. It still turned out great as usual!!!

Janna said...

Maria, thanks for the heads up about the stickles. I usually never find out these things until I ruin them! Lol! I love the finished creation! It is just stunning! I adore the beautiful colors and the way you did the buttons! Such a fun, fun card!

I haven't joined facebook yet, but I do hear of a lot of people that meet old classmates!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |