Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Sneak Peek Day 1 - Dress Up Sweet Pea


Hi Friends! It's sneak peek day at Pink Cat Studio! Whoohoo! There will be 2 stamp sets to be released this month. The first stamp set is the "Dress Up Sweet Pea" stamp set. Ooh, this stamp set is so fun because there's so many possibilities with all the different combinations you can create with this stamp set. The release date of this stamp set is on Thursday, March 26th!

Pink Cat Studio Contest

Who will be the next Cutie Patootie?? Leave a comment in the Pink Cat Studio blog post corresponding with this contest and tell Melissa who you think the next cutie patootie should be. It could be an animal or a human or something from out of this world? Anything goes so be as creative as you like :)This contest will end this Wednesday at midnight EST and the winner will be announced during the new release this Thursday. The winner will be selected randomly from everyone who enters and she will receive her choice of any PCS stamp set. I can't wait to her your suggestions!

Okay. . .this will be a long post because I have two cards and two sketches posted. I'll try not to bore you too much with my banter! LOL!

This first sample is a "baby boy" card. I tell ya'. . .I have the most difficult time creating boy cards but for once, I actually had no problem with this card. I think it's because "Sweet Pea" is so darn cute that you can't go wrong.




I actually used "scrapbook embellishments" for the sentiment, tags, and stars. It was much easier to use the scrapbook embellishments than to come up with my own "boy" design. LOL!! It's already challenging for me so the embellishments sort of helped with the design.

I colored my image with my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles to parts of the image.


Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio "Dress Up Sweat Pea"
Paper: Colorbok designer paper, SU Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Colorbok scrapbook embellishments, Stickles, Basic Basic Ribbon, Fiskar mini scallop scissors

Okay here is the girl version of "Dress Up Sweet Pea". See, I told you.. . .you can create different variations with this stamp set. If you visit the Pink Cat Studio blog site, you'll see the different combinations created by the rest of the design team. Go check it out!

I again colored the image with Copic Markers but rather than adding Stickles, I used SU Crystal Effects to parts of the image.

I had a lot of fun putting the two sneak peek cards together. It's like playing paper dolls.

Anyway. . .be sure to come back tomorrow and check out the 2 projects I created for the second new release by Pink Cat Studio. There will be 2 tutorials so be sure to visit my blog tomorrow!
Check out the fabulous work by the other design team members:


Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Sweat Pea
Papers: DCWV Designer Paper, SU Rose Romance, Green Galore
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen, SU Green Galore
Accessories: SU Hodge Podge Hardware, Making Memories Charmed Enamel, SU Crystal Effects, Coluzzle Heart Template, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, American Craft ribbon, SU Scallop Edge Punch



34 comments:

Mariska said...

These are both so cute Maria!! Love the sketch with the heart, will have to keep that one in mind for later cards! Who would have thought of colouring the bears hat blue but I love the effect and love the shiny balloons and flower on the hat of the little girl. Stunning cards as always :). See you back tomorrow sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

de said...

These are SOOO cute! I love the bright colors and details!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

They are both fabulous Maria and love the added dimension on the babies, gorgeous colouring as always and fantastic papers and designs, love the cute ribbon on your second card. See you tomorrow. Big Hugs, Nikki x

Lise Roy said...

Both are gorgeous!!
Love the combo blue and green on the first one.
Love thee sketch on both, the coloring, the papers...

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh Maria...love how totally adorable these are!! Great details as always! Hey...thanks for the reminder about the HPH...I need to use some of mine and stop hoarding it!! LOL!

Vicki G said...

Ohhh Maria!!! You have it going on in both of these cards!!! I LOVE the sketches and WOW!!!! I just love everything about them both...so much detail surfer sister!!!!! lol

Hugs,
Vicki

Becky Carafa said...

Your layouts and papers are so fabulous on these, Maria! I love the blue hat the CE'd balloons.

Gabby said...

OMG Maria...how sweet are they??? Simple adorable! I too have a serious hard time coming up with boy cards...ugh...but yes...scrapbook embellishments DO help lay it out!

Hugs,
Gabby

Danni said...

Oh my goodness!! Super cute!! Love both of these cards! Awesome job!

doris said...

You searched again so beautiful and fantastic cards made!

Hugs xx
Doris

Unknown said...

oh my oh my how cute is this!
I want those stamps now ;)

Unknown said...

omword! Those are adorable! I love the colors you used on the boy card, and that bow is to die for! Nice work!

Becky G said...

These are both adorable, Maria! great cards!!!!

Hugs~Becky

Janna said...

Maria these are amazing!!!! Wow, wow, wow!! that boy card with the tag and the sentimetn and the ribbon and well everything just blows me away! I love how you incorporated all the different shapes! too, too cute!!!! And the sweet girl card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the beautiful heart you put her in! Such a great idea! I always love to come and see waht you create!! You have the best ideas and I can hardly wait for tomorrow!! I am so excited!

Smiles,
janna

Jodi said...

Very pretty cards Maria!! I love the colors you have used for both. Your first card has a pretty array of blues and I love the layers on your little baby too!
The next card you have done such pretty shiny balloons, cute little one!! Great sketches too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Sparkplug17 said...

Both of your cards are just darling!

Stephenie said...

Maria these cards are so adorable! I love the stamps, so so cute.

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

Your sneak peaks are wonderful I love your coloring and your layouts and cards are so so so cute!!!

I love the babies and will have to be buying this set when it releases!!!

Your did an amazing job as always and I so can not wait until my month to play along with you guys!!!

Heather

WickedPixie said...

OMGoodness! These cards are wonderful! Your coloring is amazing and I love the layered images!

Tonniece said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maria, theses are too cute for words. It would take forever to name all the things I like, so I will just say "I love them"

Sandra said...

These two cards are just adorable Maria!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your cards!!! They are both so cute!!! The layouts, coloring, and bright colors are fab!!

Denise said...

Very precious cards.

Joy said...

looks like everyone is into this new pink cat studio stamps! you do such cute and wonderful stuff! these cards came out so cute! love the color combos and you color so well! I'm in total awe =) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Tooooo cute!

Elena said...

The sweetest babies I have ever seen! Amazing coloring as always, wonderful layouts!

Rleen said...

Maria, your cards are stunning! I love your coloring and those cute images. Awesome job as always.

Rita said...

I luv these adorable cards Maria !

Denise said...

Maria these are both just the cutest!! Awesome sketches and coloring-- LOVE them!!

Christine said...

Your cards are fantastic. I love your coloring and you picked such gorgeous bright colors. What a fun stamp set. I have seen a lot of sneak peeks and you are right this set is very versatile. Thanks for the sneaks.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome cards Maria! Love the cute images... and love the dimensions... TFS!

inlovestamping said...

Both these cards are super cute!!!! But you always so awesome work!

JackieLou said...

I really love the new Sweet Pea set... so adorable

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are so amazingly adorable that they actually made me laugh out loud with how CUTE they are. Your details make those sweet stamps look like a million bucks!!! That furry bear hat, OMGoodness! ;O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |