Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Greeting Farm Unicorn and My Photos of the Day

Hi Friends! I wanted to post this early before I go to bed . . .I have things to do tomorrow and may not have been able to post this card until later in the afternoon so I decided to post it now. Gosh I don't know why I do this to myself. The previous night I had only 3 hours of sleep because I slept really late and forgot I had to get up at 5:00 to bring my daughter to a community event for the Key Club. I had to drive her back and forth to different events. Well, she has to attend the same event today and I'm doing it again. I'm sleeping late and need to wake up early again. I just don't like wasting my weekend going to bed early so I'll stay up as late as I can stand it. LOL!!

Anyway. . .I started this card yesterday and finished it today. I was constantly interrupted so everything had to be done in pieces.

Anyway. .I colored this fabulous digital image by The Greeting Farm. Doesn't she remind you of "my little pony" . . do you remember those toys.

I decided to color the pony gray. . .not sure why. I seem to color all my animal images brown so I wanted to do something different.

I stamped the image twice and layered the image using foam tape. I colored my image with Copic Markers.

Do you see the background? Do you see how the colors fade. Well I did that with my Copic Markers. I just used different shades of the same color tone and colored/layered the colors over one another to created that faded effect.

Anyway. . .scroll down for my Photo of the Day. Yup, I'm back to taking photos again.

Hope y'all have a fabulous Sunday!!



Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Unicorn (digital stamp), Inkadinkado sentiment
Papers: DCWV and K&Co Designer Paper, Dark Gray (?), SU Cameo Coral
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Blue Bayou
Accessories: Satin ribbon, EK Success border punch, JoAnn Brads, SU Key Tag Punch

Photos of the Day
Key Club Bake Sale

This is the event that I had to bring my daughter so early yesterday and today. The Key Club had a bake sale to do a bit of fund raising. There was a bicycling race event and there were different food vendor including the Key Club's bake sale. I decided to take the opportunity to take a few photos while I was there. I actually took a bunch of photos but I'll be posting them on my Photo Inspirations blog site sometime this evening. I'll take more photos today then I'll post all of them on my photo blog.


Okay. . .doesn't this look like a photo of a bug balancing on a tight rope? LOL! Actually it's a bud of a plant . . .a plant that sort of look like tall grass. After I uploaded the photo, I thought hey, how cool. . it looks like a bug.

I took the photo with my 58mm macro lens attached to my standard 18-55mm lens. I really like how it turned out. I LOVE taking macro shots.

That's it. See y'all later. .

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

t’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali *hsgdhh

Joy said...

that is so awesome! I love how you made your pony have a 3-d effect. I also love how you used your copics to make the background! you are truly a talented lady! I am always in awe of what you come up with! you just blow me away with your creations! this is just another one that makes me smile! hope you are having a great weekend!

Maria Therese said...

beautifull!! Love the popp-upp pony and the backgound!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

sweet! I love your photos too.

StampinCathy said...

I just love your card. The colors and layout is so pretty. The bake sale looks yummy.

Dawn Easton said...

That image is darling! I love how you coloured her mane and tail!! That's fabulous!!!

Sorry you are so busy and not getting enough rest...girl take care of yourself or you'll get rundown and sick....then what good are you going to be? lol...EARLY to bed for you tonight ;)

Oh a bake sale...something I can't ever resist! Yummy!

That flower pic is awesome! I can't wait til I can SEE things blooming again!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Maria! Love the pony... wish my printer was working properly so I can get some digi images... Love the great colors! TFS!

Norine said...

Awesome love the pony great coloring
Hugs
Norine

Danni said...

Gorgeous! I always love it when images or parts of images are given that 3-D look but I tend to forget to do it.
wonderful card!
Love your photos too!

Sharon said...

Yes it does look like my little pony but it is coloured beautifully. I think the grey suits it. Another gorgeous card Maria.

Vicki G said...

Your card and Photographs are lovely!!! Love the little unicorn

Hugs,

Vicki

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Maria, love how you cut that sweet image out and raised it. So darling, Great photo.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, this is just so adorable Maria, your colouring is awesome and I love the added dimension, fabulous work, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tonniece said...

AWE, this is so sweet Maria. Copic eh? gosh I can't even do it with a bryer. Love it

Marcia said...

This card is too cute!

Rita said...

As soon as I saw your card Maria I thought of all the "My little ponies" that my daughter had with a case to carry them in too! Your card is so beautiful & I love the colors!

You better take care of yourself or your going to get run down & get sick & you don't want that, so get plenty of sleep tomorrow girl!

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card, Maria. The copic background is beautiful. I thought of My Little Pony as soon as I saw the image on your card. lol It's a cute image. I like how you colored it.

The "bug" photo is pretty cool.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Maria,

Well actually you know me I'll take all Grey animals anyday!!!!

Anything is better than BRO--!!!!! LOL!!!

Yes I remember My Little Pony, and Rainbow Bright and the Real Strawberry Shortcake and Friends that did not look like teen agers, and Jem, and Heman and Shera, I could go on, but anyway I enjoy your card a lot and every time I see that image it makes me think of My Little Pony!!!!

You did a great job on your card and I really like your Pony!!! Which one is your daughter??

Great Job Maria

Heather

MacKenzie said...

Perfection!

Becky Carafa said...

My Little Pony is exactly what popped into my head when I saw this. I love her in gray!

Denise said...

So cute. That card brings back memories of My Little Pony!!

doris said...

This card is also back so magical!

Hugs xx
Doris

Jennie said...

Beautiful pony! Great card...you are so creative. Nice photo of the day too!

Diane said...

Beautiful card as always Maria!!
Your pony looks fabulous!!
Thaat bud does look like a bug,gorgeous picture!
A mom never gets a break huh!!! You catch up on your sleep,it's not good for you girl!!!

Ila said...

Love your card Maria...great background..and yes it does remind me of my little pony..lol!!....Your photos are Fabulous...love the one of the bud..makes me feel like spring..TFS!!..Hugs, Ila

Risa said...

Your card is super cute and the image is adorable! Yes...it does remind me of the My Little Pony Toy...too cute!
TFS the pictures of the Key Club. I love it when kids make the most out of their spare time. I hope that the bake sale was a hit for them.
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

Love how you colored this Unicorn! And ribbon you used is gorgeous!
Sorry you didn't have enough sleep...
And thank you for sharing some pictures!

Janna said...

Oh wow Maria this card is outstanding! I love what you did with the unicorn and the gorgeous coloring you did! What a neat effect for the background! Love it!! The pictures are incredible as well! I love to see kids getting into the community and helping out other people! That plant picture is stunning! What an amazing job you did with the photography! so, so stunning!

smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |