Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrate in Style

Hey Friends! Are you the same person that you were in high school or growing up? Me? Not even close. LOL! I was pretty wild. . .sorta a delinquent. Shocking? LOL! Actually, I was the same person on the inside but it wasn't expressed outwardly. Only in my mid-20s is when I decided to express the person on the inside outwardly. . .the boring me. I'm pretty square and I felt when I was growing up that I was rather ordinary. . .I still am but that's okay. Ordinary is good.

Considering I was such a delinquent in high school, it's surprising that I ended up in college and obtained my Bachelors degree. Friends in high school would be surprised. I hated high school . . .I found it boring but college was a different story. I loved it. I met interesting people who valued the same things as I did. . .they were like me (the real me) so it was easy to just be myself.


Anyway. . .on to my card. . .did you know that Sizzix sell stamps now. I found this Sizzix stamp set at JoAnns. Unfortunately, there was only one set. It was a cute set so I bought it.

Hey I love this color combo. I wanted to play around with a different color combo because it seems my cards are either pink/brown, pink/green, blue/green, blue/yellow. . .etc. What do you think of this color combo? I like it.

I colored my image with my Copic Markers and added the primas.

No sketch today. . .the layout is too simple that I didn't think it required a sketch.

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Card Details:

Stamps: Sizzix, MFT
Papers: MME designer paper, SU Cameo Coral, Taken with Teal
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Satin ribbon, primas, SU 1 1/4 and 1 3/8" circle punch, JoAnn brads, embroidery floss



23 comments:

Sandra said...

Love your card....beautiful colors. Your cards are amazing, you do such terrific work.
Sandy

Catherine said...

I am loving this color combo as well! Cute card!
I was the same way - hated HS, LOVED! college. You are anything but ordinary and boring, BTW!

Michelle said...

CA-UTE card! Love the flowers, ribbon and floss on the sentiment tag!

Heather Schlatter said...

I really like these purses Maria, and that DSP is so so so pretty!!!

I like the aqua's and oranges!!!

That ribbon is very yummy too!!!

Thanks for your comments on my blog today I really enjoyed reading them!!

We lived on Kuai (sp??) on both ends of the island.

Heather

Tonniece said...

Yup, the colors are pretty and so is the card.

Have a great day you delinquent. Not that I believe that for a min. lol

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so pretty, love those purses, and love those rich colors. Love it love it!!!!!

Emily said...

I love your creations, very cute!!!

Rita said...

Love the colors Maria, such a pretty fashionable card, I luv it!!!

Joy said...

is this your wild side coming out? hahaha! I love the color combo and those cute purses! amazing what new things come up! it's a never ending hobby! yikes! love the card and flowers!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, I am not the same, but do revert to my high school self from time to time. I was very quiet. Kids called me a "wallflower". I'm not so quiet now LOL!!

Love the primas on the purses. I didn't know that Sizzix sold stamps.

Rleen said...

What a pretty card Maria! I love the color combo. I LOVE all your amazing cards! Thank you for sharing!

Arlene

Jodi said...

cute card! Perfect for teens I would say. But then again...I love purses (new bags) LOL! =)
One of my favorite color combos!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Danni said...

Hmm, not sure if I'm the same or not. Probably not, I'm not quite as shy as I once was.
Very cute card!! Fun colors!

Anonymous said...

ooh la la, I love this! The colors are just wonderful!! Love, love, love it. It is such a bright cheery card. tfs. Blessings. Renee

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awesome colors Maria! You have the best taste in matching colors together!
Cute stamp set too! I had no idea that Sizzix was expanding! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! Oh I love this card! The color combo is beautiful! Love those flowers! =) TFS!!!

~ gracie

doris said...

what a pretty card with wonderful colours!!!!

Hugs xx
Doris

Denise said...

Maria,
I love the colorcombo. This card is so pretty! Love the way you used the flowers.

Vicki G said...

That is adorable!!!!! Maybe it was a good thing they only had one set??? lol!!!!!

Colours are gorgeous!!!! Hey! do I see Orange in there? lol!

Jennie said...

What a great card! I love the dp you used and this color combination is fantastic.

Dawn Easton said...

Well how cute are those purses?! Love the little flowers you added...cute! I DO like this colour combo! I'm more of a bright cheery colour person if I can anyway :)

Elena said...

So cute! Love these colors, Maria!

Janna said...

Oh Maria I could never picture you being wild! Too too funny!! I love this card truly! Those purses with the adorable prima on them is so fun. I love that bow though and the way you tied on your tag!!! It is so, so amazing!!! Wow!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |