Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pink Cat Studio Enchanted Lily and OCC Challenge


Hi Friends!! Before I start. . .do you think I write too much stuff on my posts? LOL!

Okay. . .I'm really proud of myself. Why? Well, this is my second week of participating in the OCC Challenge. I'm going to be honest. . .I'm challenge challenged. LOL! This card initially was not intended for the challenge. I had started on the card using a circle shape and began cutting the border and started piecing the layout together . . .sort like a puzzle then I remembered that OCC had a challenge. I looked at the sketch and I was like "hey, I still can create a card using their sketch". Unfortunately, the sketch has an oval shape but that's okay, close enough! LOL!

Why am I challenge challenged? Well, I'm really random when I create cards. I don't plan really. . .just sort of grab things as I go and try to come up with some sort of layout. The embellishments that I use are usually stuff that I remembered I had or it's something sitting on my table and I just throw it on the card! LOL!

For example, do you see the paper clips? Well, I had a container of paper clips on my table because I was clipping papers together last night and I left it open on my desk. When I was creating the card, I saw it and pulled some paper clips out. You see what I mean by random.

Anyway. . .I'm not sure I'm digging the colors on my card. It looked good when I was putting it together. Okay, what Lily pad is orangey colored? LOL!


I decided to use my Pink Cat Studio "Enchanted Lily" stamp because I actually had pre-stamped it on a card stock but did not color it. When I was cleaning my desk up last night, I noticed that it was sitting there waiting for me to color Lily.

I had applied Versamark all over the image and heat embossed it with my SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder which resulted in a very shimmery image. It's much more shimmery in person. Again, I colored my image with Copic Markers.

Hey, just to let you know. . .I added a list of challenge blogs to my right side bar. I'm still working on it. . .there's a ton of them out there. I'll add more as I come across them. If you know of any that you don't see on my list, let me know. . .I'd love to add them on!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Enchanted Lily
Paper: K&Co designer paper, SU So Saffron, Cameo CoralInk: Copic Markers, Versamark
Accessories: Paper Clips (office depot), Making Memories ribbon, Fiskar scallop scissors, button (?), SU Heart to Heart Punch, CB embossing folder, SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Martha Stewart border punch

28 comments:

Lori said...

I love all of the shimmer on the image, Maria!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Maria, LOVE the fun colors and awesome layout! Thanks for playing along with the OCC,
Jennifer :)

Shelly said...

No, you definitely don't write too much stuff in your posts. I enjoy what you have to say as much as I enjoy your artwork. Keep chatting!

Your card is so pretty. I'm loving that shimmer.

Thanks for the challenge links.

Denise said...

This card is just amazing!!! Wow, so beautiful. Love the shimmer & the layout is fabulous.

LORi said...

How Cute Maria!! Thanks for joining us at the OCC!!

Blessings,
LORi BOYD

Rita said...

Luv, luv, luv the sparkle on your card & it must really look fantastic in real life Maria! tHIS CARD IS BEAUTIFUL & this image is so cute!

Cathy said...

Maria,

I don't think you write too much stuff. I love reading your stuff and your card is sooo cute. I love the colors and you and I create a lot alike!! Most of time I pick up things and somehow they come together.

I also think it's funny that I was going to add a challenge list to my blog this week too!!!! I don't do enough challenges so I thought I would add some to my sidebar as well. That is too funny! Great minds think alike!!

Hugs, Cathy

doris said...

I do not know what I should write ...
Your card is so beautiful... wow!!

Hugs, Doris

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Just stunning Maria, I just love all the shimmer and your colouing, Your card is so pretty and love the colours and layout, Hugs, Nikki x

pescbrico said...

I love all the glitter on it! awesome!

Karen W said...

I love it and I love knowing all the details, makes it much easier to "case" your inspirations!! The card is darling and I love all the glitter. Thanks so much for all of the inspiration and ideas for different layering ideas.
http://karensinspirations.blogspot.com/

Maria Therese said...

beautifull! Love the glitter surface on the stamp!!

de said...

Love the card Maria! Your card are always so cheery and bright, like you!!! The eyes on the froggie did it in for me! TOO CUTE!

Thanks for the list of challenge blogs too... I am constantly trying to remember. Started a list, now I can't find it. Err.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, the colours are so fun!!! I love the shimmer you gave to the image too...that's pretty!

And hey...an orange lily pad is COOL! I love colouring things non-traditional colours...I think it brings so much fun to a card!!

Awesome job!

Norine said...

too cute love the backgd paper and the heart border
Hugs
Norine

Danni said...

Wow!! A gorgeous card!! Love all the sparkle and I love the "extra" touches like the button on the heart!
Great job! and no, I like your posts~~not too much stuff at all!

Lise Roy said...

OCC?

Gorgeous as always!!
love the colors, your coloring, the design...

2 Worlds said...

Loved the pattern paper, this stamp is adorable.
About the previous post, I became to love just laptops, here we have 2 macs it became so much more practical.
I don't want desktops anymore.

CreativeMish said...

This card is so cute. I've never bout any of the pink cat studio stamps. I love the heart border punch.

CreativeMish said...

This card is so cute. I've never bout any of the pink cat studio stamps. I love the heart border punch.

Janna said...

first of all I don't think you talk too much at all! I love it! it is nice to get to know people through there blogs! Gives you an idea of why they create what they do.

This card is awesome!! I actually really like the color combo and the paper clips are genius! If i did something like that I would wind up with pen caps or something like that! LOL! You are just a creative genius plain and simple! I love your coloring on Lily an her sparklyness! Just gorgeous!

Smiles,
janna

Risa said...

I love your card and the shimmer is so enchanting...like fairy dust...I love it!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle said...

Love your enchanted lily card. I just got this set in the mail and haven't had time to ink her up yet!! Love all the shimmer on your card! I'm challenge challenged as well so congrats on playing along!

Vicki G said...

This is GORGEOUS Maria, just Gorgeous!!!!!


Vicki

Rleen said...

Maria, your card is stunning as usual. I love the shimmer and all the details. TFS!

Elena said...

So precious! Love the colors, sparkles and frogs googly eyes! Paper clips look so cute!

Sankari W. said...

Hi Maria!! You are tooooo cute and no, I don't think you write a lot on your blog posts - I love reading them and love seeing what you are up to! I was laughing when you mentioned the orange lily pad! I LOVE the colors on your card - the papers the texutres the shine the images - are allll PERFECT!!!! I miss doing the OCC challenges and you have inspired to get back to it!!! Love your challenge list! I can't wait to investigate each one!!! and also if you wanted to add the Cinema Saturday challenge to your blog challenge that would be awesome!

sending you lots of love!
Sankari :)

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,
This card is lovely and I really like your coloring and your colors you choose to use!!! I love the distressed/antique look you have going on!!!

I love those Pink Cat images and will have to break down and get them soon!!!

Great Job on this Card!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |