Thursday, March 26, 2009

InStyle Stamps Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge




Hey Friends!! It's InStyle Stamps Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge again! It was my turn to create a sketch this week! Be sure to stop by InStyle Stamps and check out the details of the challenge. . .there's a prize to be given out so be sure to play along.

You don't need to use an InStyle Stamps but if you have one, why not use it. Be sure to add a "thank you" type of sentiment to your card.

InStyle Stamps Blog Hop - Friday

Come and join InStyle Stamps Blog Hop this Friday from 11:30 am EST to 10pm EST. Chat it up on our blog hop thread on the InStyle forum that will open at 11:30 am EST. The blog hop itself will begin at noon with the DT revealing their fabulous projects that they have been slaving away all week on.

Come join the fun, and be on the look-out for contests to win some great prizes throughout the day! Plus, make sure to vote for your favorite DT member project, as well as play “Get to know our DT Trivia,” and be entered into our drawings for the grand prizes to be held at the end of the hop! Click Here for the Blog Hop.


Now to my card. . .I know. . .my card don't have a "thank you" sentiment. . .I had forgotten that I was suppose to use one.

I really had fun creating this card! I love this image. . .her name is Lilah! Isn't she cool or what. . .such a supah star!! LOL! I think I'm going to give this card to my daughter because she's "my supah star"!!

I colored Lilah with my Copic Markers and added a little bit of Stickles on her hair and her belt.









Hey. . .if I haven't commented your blog. . gosh, I've been busy catching up on a bunch of stuff. . .DT stuff, life stuff, everything stuff! I'll stop by when I have the chance. . .this week is sort of crazy busy! I usually have my routine in the mornings but we've been doing a lot of activities while my daughter is on spring break.


Anyway, stop by InStyle Stamps and play along in the challenge this week!!

Check out the samples created by the talented design team:

Michelle


Hope you all have a Thankful Thursday!!







Card Details:

Cards: Instyle Stamps Lilah, Verve stamps (sentiment)
Paper: Colorbok desigher paper, SU Bravo Burgundy, Cool Caribbean, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Copic Markers, Tim Holtz distressing ink
Accessories: Stickles Glitter, SU Large Star, Grosgrain Ribbon, Fiskar deckled scissors, Coluzzle Oval Template, JoAnn brads





Photo of the Day

Livestock Only

This was photo was taken the other day when me, my husband, and my daughter went out and hung out at a part of our town called "Old Town". Old Town Temecula is the original town or the actual town prior to it's major growth. The town still has a lot of the original buildings from the early 1800s. Anyway, this photo is of my daughter in a tub or bath tub that were used by livestock; hence, the sign you see in the picture. Only after I uploaded the photo, I realized my mistake of not taking a picture of the bath tub. I was focused on taking a picture of the sign that I forgot to add the tub in the photo.

24 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great card! I love the depth of the star!

Vicki G said...

Maria, I totally love these images and this card!!! Your colouring skills are amazing!!!!!


Vicki

Emily said...

I love everything about this card...I may have to look into these girls....I love her, and the way you colored her!!!!

Norine said...

this card rocks love your coloring
Hugs
Norine

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is awesome Maria...love the fun layout and the added sparkle is perfect! Love it in her hair!!

That photo of your daughter is gorgeous...it's one of those ones that needs to be framed...I just LOVE the look!

Rachel Brumley said...

Maria

The card is so cute! I like the added bling on the hair. I am just amazed by your coloring. I love the new line of Instyle stamps. But I also loved the original line! I have a couple of those and will need to buy one of the new ones.

Cathy said...

I love this card. So cute. That star is awesome!! Hugs, Cathy

Rita said...

Luv, Luv, Luv this card Maria & this image is so beautiful! Luv your coloring on this card...you rocked this one girl!!!

Ila said...

Love this card Maria...the image is just so Cute and Fabulous..and your coloring is Amazing!!...Great sketch and photo!!....Hugs, Ila

Denise said...

Pretty card, I love the bright colors, and the layout is fabulous. That is a cute image, and you coloring is always so perfect.

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW! AWESOME card Maria!! Your coloring blows me away!

doris said...

"a fantastic card" Maria!!!

Hugs
Doris

Rleen said...

Aloha Maria,
Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left in my latest post. Much appreciated!

Your card is stunning! I love the color combo, the design and the cute image. Fabulous job as always.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Arlene

Danni said...

Wonderful card~I really like the sketch you made!
Love the photo of your daughter too, she's so photogentic!

Jodi said...

This is super cute image!! Love the way you colored her and did your awesome sketches as usual!
Great job!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Janna said...

Maria I adore this card!! You did such a great job of coloring her in and adding just the right touches and accessories! I adore the way you put the sentiment in the star! It is perfect! You have such a great eye for detail!

It has been a crazy week! I can only imagine how busy it has been for you!! But it is nice that you are getting to spend so much time with your daughter!!! I love the picture of her! Too funny that they had to put a sign that said that the tub was only for live stock! LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Sharon said...

Great colours on this one Maria, really stands out. Great photo of your daughter too. xx

Tonniece said...

Oh wow Maria this is a great card. I really like the tutorials also of the CD pocket and the accordian purse.
Such talent in one little sole.
TFS
Hugs

Cami said...

Wow! The colors and coloring you did are awesome, Maria. But, everything you do is awesome. I really the like the colors you put together, and your attention to detail; striking.

Elena said...

Very cute card! I love the stickles you added! Your coloring always amazes me!
And what a cool picture from the Old Town!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Maria! Don't you just love this image..I know I do:) Your layout is fantastic and yes it is true...great minds do think alike! *smile*
hugs
Risa:)

inlovestamping said...

This is a great card and sketch! I love the colors and the image is so cute...you color so well..you make me jealous! Another awesome card!

Con

JackieLou said...

love love it... Your daughter is so hip... I love her style it's too cute...

Heather Schlatter said...

This card turned out so amazing Maria I love your layouts and your coloring is great too!!! I love the embellies you added as well!!! Great job and the image is adorable!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |