Sunday, March 1, 2009

House Mouse & Friends Challenge Card and Beautiful RAK from America

***Don't forget to scroll down to my previous post. I also posted a tutorial on an Accordion File/Crop File***

Hi Friends!! Hey it's my first House Mouse challenge card! Yay! Thanks to my gal pal America of Cards by America .. . .I now have a lot of House Mouse images to play with (scroll down to check out the RAK she sent me) America is a design member at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge site and she absolutely loves House Mouse. She loves being part of the DT and her excitement is contagious. This week's challenge was to create a Mother's Day Card.


I haven't participated in any of their challenges and this is my first time. Not because I didn't want to. I just didn't have enough variety of House Mouse images to create cards with.

Anyway, a little bit about my card. Basically, I colored my HM image with my copic markers ad added a bit of stickles to parts of the image.

I have a package full of ribbon buckles that I bought like over a year ago and for some reason or another never thought to use them on my card. I forgot they existed because the package has been piled on top of piles of other embellishments. It's insane!

Anyway, stop by the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge site and check out America's work and the other talented designers as well. I believe they have a new challenge every Monday!






Don't forget to scroll down and check out the most AWESOME RAK that America sent me.


Card Details:



Stamps: House Mouse
Paper: SU Bliss Blue (?), Cameo Coral, K&CO designer paper
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Colorbok ribbon buckles, Prima, Inc, Making Memories Grosgrain ribbon, Fiskar scallop scissors, SU Scallop Edge Punch, Silver Cord,

Check out the RAK America (Cards by America) sent me. Oh my gosh! I was thrilled when I opened the box. Yipee! I've known America for about a year now. It started when she actually bought cards from me. . .and they were House Mouse Christmas cards. It was a start of long distance friendship!

Did you know. . up until a year ago, I don't think she knew about SCS or even blogging! She was already creating beautiful cards but didn't know about SCS. She's come a long way since then. She even was a featured stamper on SCS. Now that's an accomplishment!

Her cards are always fantastic as you can see! They are always so detailed and her layouts are beautiful. Be sure to stop by her blog site and check out her other beautiful work!!




Okay, first of all I was shocked by all the House Mouse images she sent me. I have only a few House Mouse stamps and most of them are Christmas images. I wanted to participate in the House Mouse challenges but well, I didn't have enough variety images to participate. I didn't realize America was going to send me so many images!

With the beautiful card and images, she also sent me all these yummy goodies. Look at all those ribbons, brads, eyelet, embellishments and flowers!

Awww, I was so touched by her generosity. It's amazing! Thank you America. . .you have been so kind and such a great friend. I love the stuff you sent me. . .they're beautiful!!


20 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Great card Maria
wow lot of goodies !

de said...

Ahhh, this card is so cute! And what a great card and RAK from America too!

I start my photo class tomorrow. I started a new blog for my photos so if you have time, check it out. I will pass on what I can if you'd like!

Cheryl KVD said...

Love the card!! The embellishment cluster is awesome!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, what a great card you made for your first challenge...glad you love the meeces to pieces!

Cathy said...

Maria, this card is so cute!! I love House Mouse too, but I don't ahve enough variety to compete in their challenges either. I'm still trying to collect some of those stamps!!

What a great RAk from America. What a great friend!!

Hugs, Cathy

doris said...

I love your beautiful works.

xoxo Doris

Maria Therese said...

beautifull card!!

Vicki G said...

This card is Adorable!!! Love the flowers and the way in which you have displayed your sentiment!


Vicki

Jennie said...

Love this card...beautiful job coloring and what a fun assortment of goodies you received!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, your card is gorgeous! I love all your layers and all the elements you add that make it extra special!

What a great friend you have! I love House Mouse and don't have any stamps, but a couple images that I've had fun playing with that someone sent me.

Anonymous said...

These cards are fabulous! I love house mouse just tooo cute. Blessings. Renee

Tina said...

maria - this is a cute card - I love the layers and the dimension you add to all your cards...oh and the gifts from America - lucky girl.

Elena said...

Wow! Maria! You are so lucky!!! America sent you a wonderful RAK! And your mice card is so cute!!!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Your Card is so pretty Maria,
You Rock the layers my friend!!!

Good job and that sketch is very pretty too!!!

Love the colors and your coloring wonderful!!!

Heather

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card and i have to agree, America's cards are almost as fantastic as her. x

CreativeMish said...

I love house mouse! Even though I don't own any of them.. I love them... Your cards are fabulous! That is a fabulous RAK that you received! I'm jealous! LOL!

Cami said...

More cute cards by you Maria! Full of color and so vibrant! Isn't it wonderful to make new friends in cyberspace? Love all your projects.

Janna said...

First of all your card is absolutely amazing!!! I love the sweet little house mouse image and the way you colored it in! So, so pretty! The flower and that ribbon buckle are perfect! I just hate when I forget about things! i do the same thing. Things pile up on my desk and then I forget about them! And wow, what a wonderful RAK! That is so nice that you two have set up an amazing friendship and her card is so, so stunning!

Smiles,
janna

Ila said...

Your HM card is Gorgeous!! I love the way you used the ribbon buckle!!...and what a Beautiful Rak and goodies...Have fun!!...Hugs, Ila

America said...

Oh Maria, you are sooo talented. I was so thrilled when I saw you played along on the House Mouse CHallenge BLOG. Your CARD TOTALLY ROCKS!!!! Every little detail, the coloring, the dimension...all of it. WHoohoo!!! Thanks for taking part on the FUN!

AND ohmygosh, arent you the sweetest!! I love that you are so Happy with your RAK. Youre very welcome. On the same note; youve been more than kind to me with your help and guidance along the way since I began this card makind journey in cyberstapce. I couldnt have done it without you my friend!

THANK YOU so much for being wonderful YOU! Love ya GF! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |