Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Greeting Farm Alice Anya


Happy Saturday, Friends! Hey thank you to those who voted for my InStyle Stamps Blog Hop project yesterday and thank you for all your kind comments about my project. Through shameless self-promotion, I won! LOL! Yes, shameless. . .but hey, it got you to stop by and vote otherwise, you may not have even bothered to look! LOL! My husband thought I'm silly about this stuff . . .but he's happy that I'm having fun with it all!

There was a time when I had decreased my hours at my job and subsequently, quitting my job when we moved to California and literally, drove the man NUTZ! He always says that I have "boredom syndrome" which can be scary. My DH is the hang out at home sort of person and I'm not. . .I want to go somewhere all the time. I'm always wanting to do something. . my mind has to be constantly churning. I love crowds, noise, the city. . .I even don't mind traffic. My husband is the opposite.

Before crafting and blogging. . .I was seriously going out of my mind, bored and going bananas. Now, I don't need constant activity. . .blogging and crafting are enough to fill my time. LOL! That satisfies the balance of our family life. . .believe it or not, but the rest of my family are the "hang out at home" type and there was a time when I would endlessly drag everyone out to do something, it didn't matter what it was. So all of this blogging stuff makes everyone happy. . .to my family, they actually find it all amusing!

Anyway, again thank you for voting and commenting my project. I really do appreciate it.

Now to the Greeting Farm Anya. . .my girlfriend Anya was sitting in my computer (it's a digital stamp) for a while now and she was begging to be made into a card. I was like "okay, girlfriend. . .calm down". LOL!

Initially, I was going to draw the background but I got lazy and decided to use a designer paper to create a somewhat scenic background. The flowers on the dp were a bit large so it didn't quite work out as planned but that's okay.


I colored Anya with my Copic Markers and added a bit of Stickles to her hair. Nothing much else to say about this card.

Hey you Twilight fans. . .I saw the movie and I'm now reading the book. . .as much as I like the movie, I love the book even more. I'm almost done with the first book! It explains a lot of things and there's more dialogue between Edward and Bella that aren't in the movie. I love the dialogue between them when they're alone. Gosh, I love the "in love" feeling that these two characters feel for one another.

Initially, I didn't understand what all the hype was about, especially with "adults" considering the book is a "young" adult fiction (aka teenager) but I think it sort of takes you back to when you were at that age when you first fell in love with someone. That feeling that you would sacrifice everything for that person. . .yeah, that's the appeal I think of this book/movie series. I once thought that way until I grew up and realized, it's all silliness. LOL!

Oh by the way, we watched the "Reader" last night. . .if you watched it. . .what is the significance of the movie or the under pinning of the storyline because all of it were sort of pointless to me. LOL!

Anyway, if you were thinking of watching Twilight. . read the book too. You'll have a better understanding of the characters involved and the what and why that may be missing in the movie.

Well, hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Anya Alice (digital stamp), Verve Stamps
Paper: Colorbok designer paper, SU Yo Yo Yellow, Bashful Blue
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Making Memories Ribbon, Fiskar Cloud and scallop scissors, JoAnn brads, Prima flowers, Stickles, Paper cord, SU Ticket Corner Punch

22 comments:

Denise said...

Very pretty! Love those spring colors. I love the way you colored her hair. Great job as always.
Hugs~

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Maria, hope you are having a fabulous weekend hunny. I have to say i love the new photo of you, you look fabulous hun!! thank you for your comments on my blog i so appreciate you stopping by! thank you. Wow, what a gorgeous card my friend, its stunning, im loving the image and the way you've coloured it so perfectly. I love these cute anya images! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, hugs Linda x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Such wonderful colours, I love the bright ribbon and Alice looks gorgeous, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tracy Durcan said...

I love this!! You seriously rock!! :)

Sandra said...

Love your card Marie...these little characters are so cute!!
Congrats on your win. Have a great evening:)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Congrats Maria!!! :)
Adorable card! I love the way you colored Anya!
Yea! So happy that you are lovin' Twilight! It's true - nothing beats the feelings of first/true love ;) That need to know that person inside and out!
Now, The Reader - I didn't see the movie, but I read the book! and I didn't get it either... what was the point? Infatuation? {shrugging shoulders}
LOL! Enjoy the rest of your weekend Maris :)
xoxo

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

LOL! Sorry for the spelling mistakes - oops! ;)

2 Worlds said...

Congratulations Maria, I thought on reading this book but when I saw the size lol
Maybe one day
Faboulous card

Cathy said...

Maria, she is so cute. I love that ribbon!! Congrats on winning the ISS project contest. A little shameless self promotion never hurt!!!

Hugs, Cathy

Cami said...

Another gorgeous card, Maria! Your colors just grab me lol! I swear your day has more than 24 hours in it! I'm long winded tonight so I'm going to email you. Love this card and sketch which I will try shortly. Love, love, love this! Cami

Jodi said...

Such pretty card and love the colors too!! The glitter in her hair really adds to the card!!
OMG I too saw the movie and haven't read the book. My friend is supposed to bring it over, I hear the book really is what you say it is. I can't wait!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuuuu! Girlfriend! Anya, your Digital Girlfriend is SO super pretty! ;O) Your colouring is PURE art! How DO you do that? I'm so glad you won, since I am too late to go vote (though I'm not surprised you won, 'cause you just ROCK!) Sounds like I have to read that Twilight series; it's all the rage, hey? :O)

Christine said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors that you used. That ribbon is gorgeous. Love how you cut Alice out and added the dimension. I always love your work. Congrats on winning. Have a great day!

Rachel Brumley said...

Hey Maria

Very pretty card!

Congratulations on winning! You are a fantastic artist.

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

Your Alice Card turned out so super cute!!! I love the embossing powder and I really love the colors you choose and the coloring too!!!

So so cute and a great sketch too!!!

Heather

Janna said...

Hey Maria,

I haven't watched the Twilight movie yet but I did enjoy the book! I loved the in love feeling too! I have to say that I love romance novels for the very same reason. I did not watch The Reader either. I read the book several years ago when it was first on the Oprah book club list and was really disappointed. Didn't really understand the point then either.

Now onto your card!! So, so amazing! I love the coloring and the beautiful sparkle in her hair! So much fun! And the paper is perfect to create the background! everything goes so well together and creates a beautiful layout!

Oh and I am so the stay at home type but I do need something to do when I am at home. I think that is why Jason is constantly telling me, "So glad you found a hobby! So glad you found a hobby!" LOL!

Smiles,
janna

Ida said...

Your Anya is just adorable and I love the background you created with the DP.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, I love the blue and yellow together! You are truly an inspiration for me to try to go out of the box in my colors! You can make, blue, yellow and orange look SO good!

Elena said...

The card is so cute! I really love how you colored Anya!
Congratulations on your win!!! Your project was amazing!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty and I love the vibrancy Anya radiates!
Congratulations on your win as well Maria, your creation was awesome and you are very deserving.
I guess the reason that I am so "into" Twilight or any other good love story is because I am a romantic at heart. Take care and have a great day!
hugs
Risa:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Maria! Love the great colors and the cute image. I wish my printer was working properly so I could get these digi images... love Anya. :o)
I read the Twilight books and I agree with you... so romantic. :o)

Rleen said...

Maria, your card is fabulous! I love that cute image and your coloring is so perfect I love it! Awesome job as always! TFS!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Arlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |