Wednesday, March 4, 2009

InStyle Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge

Hey Friends! I created this card last night . . .InStyle Stamps host a sketch challenge every Thursday but because I was sick, I didn't have a chance to play along sooner. Last night I finally decided to return to my craft room and create a card for the challenge. Actually, there's going to be a new challenge tomorrow . . so I'm following last week's sketch. Hey, better late than never. You still have the time to play along with last week's challenge. . .there's a prize to be given out. Check out the InStyle Stamps blog for the sketch.

I colored Sasha with my Copic Markers and again, added a bit of SU Crystal Effects to parts of the image. Do you see the blue heart? Well it's a heart embellishment that comes with the InStyle Stamps Inspiration Kit.

The heart was originally white but I colored it blue with my Copic Markers and heat embossed it with SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Actually, coloring the plastic embellishment didn't turn out too nicely but when I heat embossed it, the result was a marbled appearance to it so I was happy with the end results.

Are you wondering what happened to my "Photo of the Day" feature on my blog. . .well, when I hurt my wrist, I couldn't hold my camera steady then I caught a cold and was not in the mood to take photos. Besides, it's been raining off and on for the past days. I'll start taking life photos again this weekend.


Anyway, stop by the InStyle Stamps blog and play along in the challenge!!

Hope y'all have a fabulous day!

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Sasha, SU (sentiment)
Paper: Cloud 9 designer paper, SU More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: InStyle Stamps Inspiration Kit (heart), SU Heart to Heart punch, Word Window Punch, Colorbok ribbon buckle, Heart charm (?), Hemp cord, Making Memories ribbon, SU Crystal Effects



17 comments:

Melissa said...

Maria, this is really cute! I love how the heart embellie turned out. I'm glad you are feeling better. :)

Little C's Creations said...

Gr8 job on the challenge, my friend. Sorry you're not feeling well. What happen? What kine sick? Anyways, hope you feel better soon, it's no fun being sick.

~Jen

Cathy said...

Maria, this is so cute!! I need to ink her up!! I love this image. Cute heart too!!

Hugs, Cathy

Jennie said...

This turned out wonderful...love your coloring and the heart! Glad you are feeling better :o)

Joy said...

wonderful job on the card...you do great work even when sick! I wish I had the energy to do that when I feel under the weather. hope you feel better soon!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Maria, I love the bright colours. Your heart looks great, must try this.
Hope you are better now. xx

Jodi said...

Oh so super duper cute!! I love this stamp and I think you twisted my arm to go and get her! LOL! =)
Glad you are feeling much better girl!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Joy said...

here's my secret...
I'm truly blessed with the job I have and on my down time if we don't have jury...we can bring in our stuff...so I usually assemble the projects here...cut and all that other stuff at home. but it really does help on the time!

Heather Schlatter said...

What the Heck Maria how did I miss 4 of your cards???? I guess I have been a bad blogging friend and did not even realize it!!!

Well I love your coloring here and the papers you used and I really like that In Style Stamp too!!!

You are amazingly talented miss Maria!!!

Heather

Elena said...

I love how yo ucolored Sasha! She is so cute! Love the twine with the ribbon too!

Diane said...

Sweet Sweet Sweetness!!!! She is so adorable,just as you are Maria!
Hope you are feeling better!

AnnMarie said...

Love this image! She looks so sassy! Pretty colors! Feel lots better soon! Big hug! : )

Risa said...

Maria your card is very pretty! The colors and Sasha are awesome and I love the hearts!
hugs
Risa:

Janna said...

I love, love, love this card! I haven't had a chance to color Sasha up but now I need too! I am so inspired! Your card is amazing and i love the color combo! The charms are so pretty as well!! You do such a great job with the accessories!

I know what you mean about the photo of the day falling off! I did the same thing since I have been sick. Ihope that your wrist is starting to feel better! And I am so glad that you are feeling better as well!

Smiles,
janna

Rita said...

Adorable Maria!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

She is so cute Maria, beautiful colouring and the bow and charm are so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

Sankari W. said...

LOVE your embellishments!!! And the way you did the twine and the ribbon is so sweet - it adds the perfect touch! that image is just tooo cute! Hope your wrist is feeling better!! sending you lots of love!
Sankari :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |