Monday, March 16, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge #8

Hi Friends!! It's Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge again! We're on week 8! Whoohoo!! Well this week's challenge is a "different" type of challenge again. No sketch again. This week's challenge is to "Create a card by incorporating a scenary design using designer papers" Simple enough, huh? Well be sure to stop by Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog site to play in this week's challenge and check out the fabulous creations by the challenge divas!!

We're slowly building up readers and followers but not participants so it would be fun if more people would play along in the challenges!! I'd love to see what other people come up with the challenges. Okay, so come and play!

So. . .this is my take on this week's challenge. I cut up the Christmas tree design from my designer paper and created a Christmas tree. I also cut a rectangle box and added a ribbon to create a Christmas present. I think it looks like a scenary design.

Awww, look at Tilda sitting on the Christmas present. Do you know why? It's because she's excited that Christmas is only 9 more months away! LOL! Hey, time flies. . .before we know it, it's the holidays again.




Just a little info on my card. I colored Tilda with my Copic Markers and drew in a little smile on her face. That's about it.

Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!!
Card Details:

Stamps: Magnolia Haiku Tilda, SU
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SEI designer paper, SU Bravo Burgundy. Certainly Celery
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Coluzzle Circle Template, Ribbon (?), SU small oval punch

26 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, this is so sweet! You did alot more work than I did! Ü

Unknown said...

This is so cute, and such a great idea.... I just can't wrap my head around making Christmas cards until fall. I know I'll regret that in the fall though!

Sharon Caudle said...

Love your card Maria! Tilda is just adorable and your coloring is fantastic (as it always is!) You created a wonderful scene with your paper! I love it! I'll try and get over there to check out the challenges. I know I'd be very happy with myself in about eight months if I would! :) Have a great day!

de said...

Such a fun, cute card!

doris said...

what a fantastic card...wow!!!

Hugs
Doris

Savitri said...

You're too stinkin' motivated!!! Wow, Christmas card. Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! I love that Christmas tree! Tilda looks so adorable sitting on the present! I'll work on my card today! =) TFS!

~ Gracie

Danni said...

I love your card! Oh so sweet!! I struggled with this challenge and really don't like the card I made, but I appreciate you putting the challenges out there to make us think outside the box!!
You're awesome!

Catherine said...

I saw this on PCP and loved it! I can't believe all the cutouts you did! It's gorgeous!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so sweet Maria and I love how you have this cute Tilda sitting on the present. Love her little mouth and gorgeous colouring, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Jodi said...

Very creative and so sweet!! Love the use of your DSP!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Vicki G said...

Maria, this is so pretty. I love all the elements that you incorporated into your card

Hugs,

Vicki

WickedPixie said...

So Pretty! I love all of the mix of papers you used and your coloring is wonderful! She looks so sweet!

Rita said...

Wow Maria you did it again! This card is so beautiful! I Luv how you made into a cute little Christmas scene & putting her on the package sitting is an awesome idea!

Denise said...

Another pretty card. I just love the way you color in your images. Love the Christmas theme. Love those Tilda's.

marijke said...

ohhhhhh maria that is a cute one love this x-mass card girl, you name the stamps tilda over here in europe her name is Mathilda

Norine said...

this is adorable Maria love her and the little tree
Hugs
Norine

Diane said...

Love the scenery you created Maria!
Your card looks very cool!

Dawn Easton said...

ACK! Maria, I love this card! That little smile you added to her face is PERFECT! I love that you created a present for her to sit on...brilliant girl!!

Christine said...

Wow, this is a fantastic card. I love that tree. There are so many details. It's just precious. Thank you for the inspiration. You are an amazing paper crafter/card maker.

Ila said...

Beautiful card...and Tilda is just the Cutest!!...Love her smile!!...Hugs, Ila

Risa said...

What a super cute card! I love the bright DP and the Christmas tree is awesome and so is Tilda!
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle said...

Your card is AWESOME! Love the tree & presents - you so rocked this challenge!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Maria,

Your cards are all so pretty and all so unique!!!

I really like your colors and your layout it is very unique I get sort of creaped out by headless and faceless people, but you did it up really pretty!!! LOL!!!!

Heather

Elena said...

Your idea with a gift is awesome! I love the face you draw on cute Tilda!

Janna said...

Maria this is just perfection!!! Wow, wow, wow! I love the way you made the whole scene with your paper! Genius! The present and the tree and then all the other elements work so well together! but that yummy ribbon is amazing! Wow, wow, wow! You colored in Tilda beautifully as well! Such an inspiration!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |