Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - Singing in the Rain

Hey Friends! My second post for the day! Don't forget to scroll down to my previous post to check out my tutorial. It's an old tutorial but I transferred it to pdf and uploaded it to Scripd. Anyway, I made it a point this week that I will participate in the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. Every week I think I've told Sankari of Sankari's Sunshine Corner that I'll participate in her challenge but the days go by sooooooooo quickly and by the time I get around to it, it's the next week's challenge!! Arggh, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. LOL!!

Well, I have to say I'm seriously proud of my self. . .I made a card before the new challenge starts up on Saturday!! Too funny! The truth is. . the only reason I made it on time is because I already had the bear image colored and it fit with this week's cinema challenge.

I wish there were 10 days in a week so I'll have more time to participate in all the fun challenges out there. Who the heck came up with the bright idea of having only 7 days in a week? Ooops, I think it was God who came up with that idea. . .okay, I take it back, 7 days is perfect. LOL!

Okay, then. . . .who the heck came up with the bright idea to make the day only 24 hours long?

Anyway, just playin' around. Just a little info on my card. . .again, it's like a broken record. . I colored the image with my Copic Markers, added a bit of SU Crystal Effects on the rain and part of Mr. Gene the Bear's raincoat and some stickles on the flowers.

Oh, I actually did something different today. . .I used my sewing machine and created the zig-zag stitches. . .see, I can actually do something different to my card.



Oh by the way, this week's challenge is to create a card with the movie "Singing in the Rain" in mind; hence, the bear in the rain and his name is Gene the Bear.

Actually his name is not Gene. The bear image is a bear created by DJ Inkers but I named him Gene just for this card.

Anyway, stop by Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog site. . .there's a new challenge on Saturday but you still have time to play in this week's challenge.

Hope y'all have a fabulous Wednesday.





Card Details:

Image: DJ Inkers Stamp: Inkadinkado
Paper: MME designer paper, SU Cool Caribbean, More Mustard
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Sewing thread, EK Success Border Punch, Office Depot swirl clip, Stickles, SU Crystal Effects



19 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Love the Spring Rain showers! We certainly are getting them here. Such a cute card

Danni said...

Such a cute, fun card!! Love it!

Cathy said...

Hey Maria,

I love this little bear!! He is so cute in his little rain coat and boots!! Precious!!

Hugs, Cathy

Cami said...

Well, we've had showers almost daily in Hawaii but today is a beautiful sunny day and this card reminds me of all the rain sprinkled days we've had. Cute card and great colors!

Elena said...

So cute! I love the dimension! Crystal Effects look like real rain!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This card is adorable, you did (as always) a wonderful job! I love, love, love it. the rain showers remind me of spring, which I am so ready for. :) Tfs. Blessings. Renee

Shelly said...

Adorable card, Maria!!! So cheerful. Another great color combination.

Janna said...

Maria you crack me up!! I complety agree about there not being enough hours in the day or days in the week to get all the challenges I want done! So frustrating!

I love this card though!!! The coloring is fantastic and the crystal effects on the rain is perfect!! Such a nice, nice touch!! Great layout as well! And I have to say Gene for your bear is a very fitting name! He looks like a Gene!

Smiles,
Janna

doris said...

Where do you get only the ideas come from?
Your card is so beautiful!

Hugs
Doris

scrapperjulia said...

Love this card! Love the stitching and how you made the umbrella stand out! Great job with the challenge!

Norine said...

Maria this is too cute
Hugs
Norine

Dawn Easton said...

Maria! Girl this is ADORABLE! I love the colours and the sewing around the card is awesome! I'm so not good with a sewing machine...lol
GREAT layout too!!!

Sankari W. said...

Maria - my Maria - this is awesome!!! Thank you so much for playing along in the Cinema Challenges! You are always such a beam of sunshine! I love Gene the bear! And all those details - holy wowness! LOVE the droplets and love love all the colors! Just looking at your card - totally brings a smile to my face!!! Thank you for playing along - you are always welcome anytime (no pressure!! lol!) BiSEnding you big big big hugs!
Sankari :)

Vicki G said...

Love love love the stitching on your card!!! Yummy!!!!

Becky Carafa said...

so adorable! love that bear with his umbrella, and your coloring always has so much dimension!

Carol Dunstan said...

great card, love the colours!

Diane said...

Super sweet Maria! Love your coloring as always,such a cute image!

Heather Schlatter said...

Well Gene the bear is just adorable and you always come up with the most creative boarders and colors!!! I really like what you did with your sketch too!!!

Great Job Maria he is adorable and you really hit the challenge on the head!!!

Heather

Risa said...

Aw...I just love this cute cute card!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |