Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pink Cat Studio Digi Release and Ipu Card and Box , Envelope Purse, and Flower Card Templates





Hi Friends!! Guess what today is? Today is the release of Pink Cat Studio digital images and with this release PCS is going Hawaiian! Yay!!!! Aren't the images the cutest images or what. Before I begin, Pink Cat Studio has new members to the design team. I would like to welcome Jane of Whoopsie Daisy, Marley of Marley Scrapcards, Piali of Touch of Creation, and Rachel of the Paper Crafting Place Be sure to stop by the Pink Cat Studio blog to check out the beautiful cards the design team created.

I'm from Hawaii so I had a BLAST creating these cards and the templates/files! My first project is an "Ipu Card" and "Ipu Box"!! What is an Ipu? It's a hula instrument that hula dancers use as shown in the picture.



I created an Ipu Card template as well as an Ipu Box. I provided the SVG file for your Sure Cuts A Lot for those who want to cut the template with your Cricut Expression. I also provided a "hand cut" template for those who don't have a Cricut.

Just to let you know. . .I extended the width and height of my Ipu to create a wider shape when uploading to SCAL. If you're cutting the template by hand. . .adjust the width and height of the card and box as desired. Unfortunately, because you can only print on an 8 x 11 1/2" paper, your box will be smaller than my sample. It's better reason why you should buy a Cricut Expression and Sure Cuts A Lot 2 program! LOL!

For SCAL users, if you adjust the width too widely, you will need to cut off a bit of the side of the box so it won't extend above the top curve of the box.




Click on the photo for the SVG file for the "Ipu Card"


Click on the photo for the SVG file for the "Ipu Box"




Hand cut template - card and box (click on photos and save image)


My purse is actually an envelope that I added a handle to make it look like a purse. I provided the template and SVG file below. Again, I adjusted the width and height of the file to create a larger sized envelope.

Just to let you know, I colored all my images with my Copic Markers. I won't go into detail about the cards and projects because my post will be too long.

To close the envelope purse, you slip it through the slot in the front.




Click on the photo to download the SVG file


Hand cut template (Click on photo and save image)


I created this flower card using a template I created. I actually posted this template last week but I had to fix it because I noticed it wasn't cutting with both petals attached to the circle base. I didn't provide a hand cut template for this card because I think it's too complicated to cut by hand.

When the card cuts on your Cricut, a circle window will be cut out because I originally created this template with a circle window. To cover the center window, just cut a circle designer paper and glue it to the front of the card to cover up the window. That is what I did with my card.

Click on the photo to download the SVG file


Sorry for the long post but I had a lot of stuff to share. I'm so happy now that I'm able to upload SVG files. If you have any problems with the files, can you let me know. Please credit my blog if you're planning to use the files or templates. I'm sharing the files for your personal use.

Anyway. . .that's it! Hope you all have a beautiful Thursday!!

8 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeeek, these are so awesome, Maria! I am just loving that Ipu card and box!!

Piali said...

WOW!!! Maria ..these are just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing all the templates...I have to try few of these.
Hugs~

MacKenzie said...

You go girl! Fabulous projects this week. LOVIN the ipu - so creative!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wow, Maria! What a lineup of awesome projects and tutorial/templates! So much aloha! Will have to give these a try!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Apr. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

Amy said...

Maria the Ipu card and box set are simply amazing! I love the colors and everyhthing about them. I was wondering though. Did you make the roses yourself or were they purchased? If you did make them do you have a tut on them? I would LOVE to make these. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!

Rez P. said...

Aloha Maria,
Beautiful IPU card. This is cool. Like the lil pulled out purse too.TFS.Mahalo for the cut file.
Hugs,
Rez
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/alohas-sweet-blog-candy-giveaway.html

Rez P. said...

Aloha Maria,
Beautiful IPU card. This is cool. Like the lil pulled out purse too.TFS.Mahalo for the cut file.
Hugs,
Rez
http://karezmakreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/alohas-sweet-blog-candy-giveaway.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |