Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Scrap Chick Java Gift Set



Good Morning Friends!! Well, it's an allergy free day so far! Gosh, it feels awesome to start my day without a runny nose and sneezing!! Yay! Well, I created a bunch of gift sets. I didn't fill in the rest of the boxes because I'll be donating these gift sets to my church. Honestly, I don't know what they are going to do with my projects. I didn't ask. I hope they'll find good use for them.

I used the myscrapchick digital image that were free for those who are fans of the myscrapchick.com Facebook fan page. If you have a Facebook account, be a fan of myscrapchick. . .there's a bunch of free digital images for the taking: Click Here. Myscrapchick.com also provides free files each Friday by signing up for their newsletter: Click Here


Here's the set of cards that matches the boxes. The design is very simple but I think the bow really makes the cards look like more work went into them. You gotta love pretty ribbons, huh?

I messed up on the sets. . .I created 3 boxes with this design, but only created two cards with the same designer paper and I created 2 boxes with another design but only three cards with that design! Ugggh! Oh well. It's okay. . .the designer paper designs are different but the image are the same so they'll still work.



I colored the images with my Copic Markers and added SU Crystal Effects to the image to give the coffee mugs a glassy appearance! I used the myscrapchick.com "30 Boxes and More" file set to create the boxes and cut them on my Cricut Expression. It was actually really quick to create the gift sets . . .assembly style creations are the easiest to create because the designs are similar. .it's a matter of cutting the designer papers and coloring the images. The best thing to do is to keep the design simple.

Cards and Project Details:

Stamps: myscrapchick.com digital image (Facebook Fan Page)
Papers: Stampin Up designer paper and card stock (Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy - I think)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: myscrapchick.com "30 Boxes and More" files, Cricut Expression, SU Crystal Effects, SU ribbons, Nestabilities, SU Word Window Punch



Before I go, I'd like to share this inspirational song by Britt Nicole. She doesn't have an official video for this song. . .a lot of Christian Bands don't have video's for their songs. I think I'll create my own. . :) It's been something I've been meaning to do. I have the Sony Vegas Movie Studio. . .such an awesome program and I should use it more often . Anyway, listen to the song. . .I think it'll make you smile. . .:)



Hope y'all have a wonderful Wedensday!!

7 comments:

Jaime Benavides said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me Maria! These are fabulous as the rest of your projects...I too, have the Cricut Expression but haven't used it much. I was looking into purchasing SCAL 2.0, but am a little intimidated. Is it user friendly? Thanks for the daily inspiration!

Fellow So Cal Girl,
Jaime

Becky said...

What gorgeous boxes & matching cards..Love the colors and the design paper, this ribbon is fabulous also :).

Renee said...

Geesh you amaze me!! Your church is so lucky to get such cute creative boxes and cards, Just adorable. Love them as usaul ;) Hugs

Gail said...

So cute!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous set, Maria! Love those little boxes!!

Basement Stamper said...

Maria, these sets are absolutely amazing!!! Love the creative energy you give through you blogging!

Warm n Wonderful said...

I just want to make a quick comment.
I listened to the video you posted, and it was like I was meant to just "find" your blog, (through Card of the week.com). I am going through some troubling times, and left my faith behind 13 years ago when my partner died suddenly. So thanks for posting that, it helped a little bit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |