Monday, January 25, 2010

Heart Shaker 5 x 5" Box Purse Tutorial, Card Pattern Sketch #48 Challenge and Pink Cat Studio

Hi Friends! I was meaning to post this yesterday but yesterday was a bit busy and I didn't have the time to finish the tutorial. I really had fun creating this project. I always admired stampers who create coordinating sets of projects so I've been putting efforts into creating gift sets.

Just to let you know, I'm emerging from my "blue" phase . . .I don't know what was going on with me for the past 3 weeks. My crafting mojo was in hibernation and I've been hoping that it would emerge soon and it did! Yay!

Honestly, I think a reinvention is in order. I've been sort of doing the same thing for the past 2 years and quite frankly, I've been slowly putting my self to sleep. Seriously! One of the things that blogging has helped me to do, other than sharing my projects and tutorials, is that it pushes me do things that I may not want to do out of pure laziness.

One of the things that I want to do is to start cooking healthy meals. Last year, I had wanted to start a fitness blog but haven't really had the inspiration to get it going. I did start it but I never made the blog public because I wanted to add a few postings before I did. Unfortunately, with the holidays and my trip to Europe well, I haven't gone back to adding any more posts. I think I'll work on getting it going. What do you think? I think it'll help me to stick to my workout routine and help me to focus on cooking healthier meals or cooking, period. I don't know, we'll see.


Anyway, enough of the chatter. Yesterday I decided to create a "shaker box purse" tutorial which I posted below. I am going to create a video version of this tutorials because I had promised that I was going to do it but for now, I posted a written version of it.

It's a simple box with a shaker feature adhered to the front of the box. The back of the box also has the heart shape. I thought the cute Pink Cat Studio "Lily in Heart Pile" image was perfect for a shaker card because Lily is already covered with hearts and I also had a container of heart confetti.

The box measures 5 x 5". I could have made it a bigger box but I wanted to stick to using an 8 1/2 x 11" card stock and the largest box I could create was 5 x 5". The depth of the box is 1" so if you want you could probably fit a few square cards, maybe 4.5 x 4.5" in size. I don't have square envelopes that fits that size cards so I didn't create any card set for this box purse. I'll probably add a few crafting goodies or maybe a bag of candy to place in the box.

Here is the shaker portion of the box. As you can see Lily is covered with hearts.

I created this card for the "Card Patterns Sketch 48 Challenge". I really liked the layout so I decided to play along. One of my goals is to start playing in more card challenges just to keep me motivated. I colored Lily with my Copic Markers and added Crystal Effects to part of the image to give it a shiny 3D appearance.

The punched hearts were created using my Sizzix die which by the way, I had "lost" and recently rediscovered in time for Valentines. One of the things that drive me crazy when I reorganize or clean up craft room is that after I'm done, I can't remember where I put everything. LOL!


Anyway...try out the tutorial. It's fairly easy if you've created shaker projects or it may be a bit complicated for those who have never made one. If you prefer, you don't need to add the shaker component and just add the heart shapes to the box.

Well, I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday!!!

Card/Box Details:

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Lily in Heart Pile digi image, SU (senitment)
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, GCD Studios designer paper
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Rose Red
Accessories: Basic Basic Ribbon, Deja View Brads, Heart Confetti, Crystal Effects, Sizzix Heart Die, Coluzzle Circle Template, Fiskar Scallop Scissors


Heart Shaker 5 x 5 Box Purse

17 comments:

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! This gift set is just to die for! I just love all the details, colors, and your inspiring MOJO all wrapped up in this project.

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

This is just adorable! Really, very cute and thanks for the tutorial!

whoistracy said...

This is absolutely adorable! Thanks for the tutorial and for playing along with us on CP.

kaylou said...

Hi Maria
omg these projects are totaly gorgeous!!!
hugs Kaylou xoxo

MacKenzie said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE Lily with black hair!

America said...

YOUR WORK BLOWs me away with all of its gorgeousness GF!!! WHEW!!! WOW!!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

WOW! I LOVE this!! Thanks so much for sharing the template too!! Gorgeous colors you chose, wow!

Monique said...

This is absolutely gorgious Maria !! I love it :)).

Hugs Monique

Kim said...

This is really, really cute!

Diane said...

Oh Maria!!! What beauty!!! These rock girl!!!!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Totally cute projects!
Nicola

~JulieH~ said...

Such a beautiful card and bag set. i just found your wonderful blog your work is so inspirational
Juliex

Becky said...

This is adorable, I love this card and all the details of these hearts.

Donna said...

Oh Maria...your projects are outstanding. I miss you when you don't blog regularly. Hope all is well and look forward to seeing more of your Europe vacation pictures.

Meghana said...

I love your work!! Very inspiring:)

Do What You Love said...

Maria, you are amazing! Your papers are always perfect and you really make the best gifts! Thank you for sharing this special talent with the rest of us! ;D

Cricut Essentials said...

Wow great piece of art! I love the paper, it's beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |