Saturday, January 17, 2009

#10 Envelope Candy Bar Pocket Tutorial




Hi Everyone!! A few days ago I did a video tutorial for a "#10 Envelope Tag/Pocket Card" shown above but I wanted to create a pocket for a Hershey bar and decided the best and fastest way to do it is to use the same envelope design as the one shown in the video tutorial but modify the size. I had posted the tutorial on this tag/pocket project on my "Stampin Inspirations Club Site" a few days ago.,

So this Valentines Candy Bar Pocket is what I came up with and I posted the written tutorial below. You may also view the video tutorial to create a smaller pocket with a tag which can also be used as a goody bag holder.

I used my Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Sweethearts stamp set because Billy is such a cutie. I had colored the image a few days ago to be used for the sneak peeks but didn't use it.

I colored the image with my Copic markers and cut the heart using my Sizzix heart die. I then cut around the heart with my Fiskar mini scallop scissors. Anyway, scroll down for the written tutorial of this project.

#10 Envelope Candy Bar Tutorial

Materials

(1) #10 Envelope (9 1/2 x 4 1/8") Business Size
(2) 4 1/8 x 1" designer paper
(1) 4 1/8 x 5 1/4" designer paper
(1) 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" designer paper
Ruler
Glue or double stick tape
Pencil
Rubber stamps or Embellishments
Candy Bar (Hershey's Chocolate)

Seal the envelope and cut the envelope at 6 1/2".

To customize your pocket so you can fit different size candy bars, place the candy bar on the envelope and measure approximately 1/2" above the height of the candy bar.

Mark the envelope and cut the envelope based on your marking.



At the opening of the envelope, measure from the corner one inch down the side of the envelope and mark with a pencil. Do this on both sides.

At the opening of the envelope, measure from the corner, measure one inch across the top and mark with the pencil. Do this on both corners.



Based on your markings, cut a 1" triangle off the corners as shown in the picture.





Fold one flap down (sealed side) as shown in the picture.






With the 5 1/4 x 4 1/8" designer paper, cover the front of the pocket under the flap.

If you are customizing your pocket, measure the width and length of the pocket up to the fold line of the flap and cut a designer paper based on your measurements. Cover the front with the customized designer paper.






Your pocket should appear as shown in the picture after adhering the designer paper to the front of the pocket








With one of the 4 1/8" x 1" designer paper, adhere the paper on to the folded flap









With the second piece of 4 1/8 x 1" designer paper, adhere it to the upper flap as shown in the picture.










Cut off the excess corners so that your pocket design appear as shown in the picture.











With the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2" designer paper place your candy bar centered on to the paper. The designer paper is measured to wrap around a "Hershey Chocolate Bar".

To customize the size of the designer paper to fit any candy bar desired. Measure the width of the candy bar and times that measurement by two and add 1/2" to the measurement.

Measure the length of the candy bar and cut the length of the designer paper approximately 1/2" less than the actual length of the candy bar.

Wrap the designer paper around the candy bar and adhere the ends with tape or glue.

Design the pocket and candy bar as desired using rubber stamps or embellishments.

Hope you liked this tutorial. Watch the video tutorial for a variation of this project.

Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!!

17 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a great design Maria and thank you for sharing your tutorial. I love your candy bar pocket and your beautiful colouring of cupid Billy, Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a lovely pocket for a bar of chocolate Maria, thank you for the very helpful tutorial. will give this a go when i have time. I love the papers youve used they are gorgeous. Love the precious moments card beneath too, how pretty. Hope you are well and your family. Hugs Linda x

Dawn Easton said...

This is fabulous Maria!!! Thanks for sharing! It will make a great little gift for my daughter's friends!

CreativeMish said...

Oh! I love this idea! It doesn't look like it would take too much time to create either!

michelle sturgeon said...

wow, thanks for the tutorial!
I "adore" the More to Adore paper! In fact, it's what I am doing my mom's heritage album with.

AnnMarie said...

Awesome project!!! What a cutie that Cupid is! Your tutorial is fantastic as well! I have learned so much from your blog, Maria! : ) Thanks for sharing!

Mariska said...

This is so cute Maria!! Love the gorgeous papers you used and love what you do with the video's. I'm going to remember this one for later use!!!

xxx
Mariska

wandykj said...

Great idea! I'm going to use this for my preschool Sunday School V-Day gift. Thanks for the idea:)

Wanda

Sonia said...

Hi Maria:
Love the candy bar pocket.
Gorgeous Papers... Great Design!
Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Hugs, Sony :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea--thanks for sharing the how-to! I can't wait to make these for my nieces and nephews for Valentines!

Risa said...

What a great idea Maria!
These decorated candy bar pockets will make great gifts for Valentines Day. I love the DP and your image is adorable. Thanks you for sharing the tutorial. Your creations are very inspiring!
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

First of all this is just stunning!!! I love the papers you used and the coloring!! But the tutorial on top of it!!! Oh I am so excited!! I can hardly wait to give this a try!! Thank you, thanyou!!

Smiles,
janna

Elena said...

Great project Maria! Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial!!!

Sharon said...

Great tutorial Maria, have to give this one a go soon. Love those Lily and Billy images. I need to save to buy them, they are so cute.

Lise Roy said...

Brilliant project.
I LOve it!

Sankari W. said...

That is sooo smart - what a great way to make this holder - totally practical and you make it look so easy!! LOVE the colors that you used!!! can't wait to try this out!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hi Maria,

This candy bar holder and the DSP and embellies are so stinking cute!!!!

I love this and will have to be casing it in some way!!!

You are so very talented girl!!!

I enjoyed your comment today on my blog about my Lily and Billy Butterfly Card!!!

I can not wait for my month to be a Guest DT with you guys on Pink Cat you all do such amazing things!!!!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |