Saturday, January 17, 2009

Precious Moments Card


Hi Everyone!! Happy Saturday to all of you! I haven't inked this "Precious Moments" stamp for such a long time. It was in a basket downstairs in the family room. I had put it in the basket with the intention of inking it up but never got around to doing it.


Isn't this image so adorable? I really love the Precious Moments stamps. I heard that the Precious Moments collection had been discontinued and are now considered "collectibles".

I just wanted to let you know about my sketches. . .they're not meant to be challenges so many times my sketches are really simple. I just want to show the layout to my cards and if you love to follow sketches, I post them for you to use. A few people have asked about submitting their sketch challenge cards but unless I state that it is a sketch challenge. . .my sketches are just for any one to use if you like to follow sketches. I post a sketch for the majority of cards I post.

Here is a close up of my card. You can't really see in the image but I applied Stickles glitter to the flowers. In person, the flowers are sparkly looking.

Anyway hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!
Card Details:

Stamps: Precious Moments, Heidi Grace
Paper: DCWV Designer Paper, SU Green Galore, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Green Galore, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Basic Basic ribbon, Making Memories Daisy brad, Fiskar scallop scissors, Fiskar Large Scallop Border, Stickles Glitter
Photo of the Day

Introducing Phoenix

This is my dog Phoenix. He is 6 years old and he has been part of the family since he was a 6 week old baby. He is a pure bred "Bichon Frise". We don't groom him like the typical Bichon because it's too much work to give him the helmet head look. LOL! Phoenix is very shy and obedient. He is a bit clumsy too. He is very conservative and not very adventurous. There were a few occasion when we've accidentally left our back gate open and he has never tried to escape. His step-brother "Dakota" will be off running and Phoenix would sit by the gate and just bark in distress knowing his brother is being a bad boy. LOL! Just to let you know, we have two indoor cats and two outdoor dogs. We can't keep the two sets of animals together. Although they get along nicely, they can't tolerate one another for too long of a time. Cats have a tendency to run away and get run over by cars, so the dogs had to to be the ones outdoor.

9 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful! I love all of those sparkly flowers, so pretty :)

Corie said...

Your card is just precious!! And Phoenix is adorable!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is just darling and what an adorable image. Your dog Phoenix is just so cute, Hugs, Nikki x

Elena said...

So beautiful! I love the Precious Moments stamps! Your coloring is awesome!
Thank you for sharing the picture of the cutest Phoenix!

retiredheather said...

Great looking dog and a wonderful card. Love the large scalloped edge.
Hugs
Heather

L.A. said...

My mom collected Precious Moment figurines for years. They have been packed up and stored since she moved into a nursing home but your card brought back how much she enjoyed collecting them. It is beautiful.

Phoenix is adorable! My sister had a BF for years! She was a sweetheart with what sounds like a similar personality to Phoenix.

Risa said...

Awww....your card is super cute and as pretty as these stamps are, I wonder why they were discontinued?
Phoenix is adorable...I just want to pick him up and hug him! *smile*
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

Another stunning, stunning card!! I love your coloring and papers!! So pretty!! Thanks for posting your sketches! You always come up with such wonderful layouts!! And I love your doggie picture!! How cute!!!

smiles,
janna

Sankari W. said...

love the colors in your card! sooo sweet and springy! love the stickles! and your sweet phoenix is tooo sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |