Saturday, January 10, 2009

2nd Christmas Card for the Year



Hi Everyone! One of my resolutions this year is not to repeat last year's fiasco of not getting my Christmas cards out on time. So from time to time throughout the months, you'll see postings of Christmas cards. I was thinking of maybe saving them and start posting them in December but I decided that if I post the cards now it'll help to remind me to keep making them.


I love my House Mouse stamps but I don't use them often enough. I have a bunch of them. . .actually, I have a ton of stamps that I don't use. I need to start using them or sell them. My stamps are so neglected and I still keep buying more. Argggh! Such a waste of pretty stamps.

I'm still thinking of what I could do to update my blog. . .to change something or to add something. One of the things I'm thinking of doing is taking a few of my "written" tutorials and creating video tutorials of them.

I have a website that I pay to use to host my tutorials and I'm thinking of ultimately, discontinuing the website to save some money so I'm going to start transferring my tutorials and posting them directly on to my blog.

I think I'm going to start transferring the tutorials this week so don't be surprised if you start seeing my old tutorials being posted on my blog. I'll update them a bit by adding a new card but the tutorials will contain the original photos from when I first created them.


Anyway. . .just a little info on my card. I colored the image using pastels and markers on glossy white card stock then added a bit of Stickles to parts of the image.

I hope you all are having a fabulous Saturday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: House Mouse, Stampin Up
Paper: DCWV designer paper, SU Real Red, Wild Wasabi, white glossy card stock
Ink: SU Markers and Pastels
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Darice rhinestones, SU Key Tag Punch, Deja View brads, gingham ribbon, Stickles

Photo of the Day

Flashback January 2000

This photo was taken New Years Eve 2000. Darn, I used a lot of make-up back then! Sorta scary. LOL!! I can't believe it was almost 10 years ago when this photo was taken. Unbelievable! I can still remember taking the picture. We were at the Hale Koa Resort in Hawaii to watch the fireworks at the Hawaiian Hilton Resort. This background is the Christmas display down in the lobby.

The person in the photo is me but it seems like the person is not the same person that I am today. Now, I'm much more motherly looking, a bit heavier, wear far less make-up and I don't wear dresses any more. I sometimes miss my old self. I had a lot more energy back then. If anything, I want that energy back. Right now, I have the energy of a slug. LOL!! I think I'm going to do something about it. I miss having a lot of energy. One of the things I do need to do is get off this chair in front of this computer!! LOL!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your House Mouse Card--I keep thinking every time you post a Christmas card, I should make one too--but alas I am behind already--but I am not giving up.

Just wanted to comment also on your Nixon drawing. From some one who can't draw at all--I really admire your capabilities. I think you did a super job of drawing him.

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Maria! I LOVE your idea of making Christmas cards all year long! This house mouse card is adorable too!

Elena said...

Love your picture! You are so beautiful Maria!!!
The card is so cute! I love this stamp too!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

What an adorable house mouse card! I love it! I love the family flashback photo! I had a lot more energy back in 2000 too, that's for sure! Yes, I need to get my butt out of my computer chair much more often too!! Take care!

KeeponScrappin said...

I love your card Maria! Very beautiful as always.

Love your family pic. There's nothing wrong with looking more motherly. I think its beautiful. I always believe that no matter what challenges come and go in your life that you should never forget who you are. I believe as you get older, you get prettier.

Jan Scholl said...

The men in you rlife-hubba hubba. The women-knocks outs. So go back and take another photo in the same place same pose.

Janna said...

Maria, the coloring on this card is gorgeous! I really love it! You are so talented! Is that sketch one that you made? If you have challenges with them, I would love to participate. You know me and my sketches!! Lol!

I know how you feel about looking back at old pictures. It is hard to reconcile the person now with the person then!

Lots of smiles,
Janna

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh Maria, that house mouse card is adorable hun. I am so with you there, i am still making christmas cards, as i was so dis-organized last christmas, and i can't face that again thisyear!! I am looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations over the next few weeks.

Oh that photo is so gorgeous. How pretty are you!! and that lobby looks fantastic, i was thinking it was your living room until i read the text!! Time does fly, but by the photo on your blog, your still looking fabulous hunny!

Hope 2009 is a happy one for you, hugs Linda x

Dawn Easton said...

Maria, your card is adorable...maybe I should follow your lead and work on Christmas cards each month! Yep...I will! Thanks for the inspiration!
LOVE the photo of you all...it's nice to reflect back isn't it?! You all looked gorgeous. I, too, wish I was more energetic these days!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh way to cute, love your flashback photo. Happy Sunday.

Christine said...

Wow what a beautiful card. I love everything that you do. You have a great idea to make Christmas cards all year long. This past Christmas was the first year in my 17 years of married life that I did not send out a card with a picture of my family. The guilt is getting the best of me. I am going to use your idea and then hopefully I will be all prepared when December rolls around again. Thanks for the inspiration. You have a beautiful family. Your children have really grown.

Vicki G said...

Such a pretty festive card!

Vicki G said...

Such a bright and cheery card!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love the cute image and your wonderful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Becky G said...

This is just too cute Maria! What a great idea! I guess I have a headstart since I created cards but never sent them out. LOL! I just need to make a few more and I'll be ahead of the game. Love the picture of your family! You have a beautiful family!

Hugs to you,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Wow! Aren't you on the ball?! It's inspiring to see someone actually carry out their resolution from New Years. LOL!

This card is absolutely adorable! I love the combination of papers and colors.

de said...

I love this card! Your coloring is perfection and the DP used really makes the card pop! Beautiful! I love the photo of the day too!

Bev Sendaydiego said...

Love the card and sketch. Wow, your current description of yourself sounds a lot like me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |