Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Card #3 and Group Blog Call

Happy Sunday, Everyone!! Here is my 3rd Christmas card for the year! Are you working on your Christmas cards? How about a goal of at least 4 Christmas cards a month? I think I'll create a group blog for Christmas cards only! This way who ever wants to participate are motivated to start creating their Christmas cards. Who wants to join in? What should I call this blog?

What I'll do is post a sketch or some sort of challenge each week and group members will post their cards on the site based on the challenge for that week. Participating members will need to have a blog so their card post can be linked to their blog as well. If I can get at least 5 members to join, then I'll start the group blog. Are you game?

Group members will need to commit to creating at least one Christmas card or project a week based on the challenge of the week. Group members will post their own creations on the group blog with the picture of their card, their name and the link to their blog site., therefore, you will need to have an already existing blog site or create one to be part of the group. You have to be committed to creating the 4 cards per month and not be flakey about it. LOL!! That's it.

People who just want to participate in the challenge but not be a member can comment and link their post to their blog or mail the pictures to me if you don't have a blog. I'll create a gmail just for people who wants to send in their pictures and I'll create an album on Paper Craft Planet or photo bucket that I'll post the cards to and link it on the group blog.

Let me know if you want to join by commenting on this post. I'd love to start a blog just for Christmas cards. It'll help motivate me to make them and I need all the help I can get.

Anyway. . .now to my card. I colored this old SU image with my Copic Markers and added a little sparkle using my Stickles glitter. I embossed the background with my CB embossing folder.
I had stamped the image 2 times, cut the image and layered it over one another to create a 3D effect to the image.

Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: SU
Paper: SU Certainly Celery, Real Red
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU Large Oval Punch, Stickles glitter, CB embossing Folder, Ticket Corner punch, JoAnn brads, ribbon (?)

14 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is beautiful Maria and love the layering of the gorgeous Poinsettia, Well done on making 3 Christmas cards already, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Danni said...

Very pretty card! I think this sounds like so much fun and a way to motivate me to get my cards done! I'd love to join in, if you'll have me!

Jules said...

Pretty card!
What a great idea to make cards X-Mas cards all year!
I am embarrassed to say I didn't send my cards out this year! What the heck happened with that ugh!?!
So the good news is taht I have a bunch for next year, or maybe I will surprise everyone and send them out in July! LOL!
Take care!
I will be checking your cards out for inspiration as always!

Risa said...

Hey Maria,
Your card is very pretty and the colors are so crisp! Great job and thanks for sharing!
hugs
Risa:)

Janna said...

This is just drop dead gorgeous!! I love that you cut out the poinsetta and then mounted it on top to give it dimension. The true beauty is the coloring though!! It is incredible!! Wow, wow, wow!

Smiles,
janna

Yvonne said...

Very Nice Card. Your idea of a Christmas Card Blog sounds great. Not sure if I could commit though to one project a week. Maybe I'll start just by playing with your sketches when I can and see how I do. I also just found the link to all your old sketches. Thanks for sharing.

Joan Ottevanger said...

Hi Maria,
Beautiful card you made.
I it possible that I jion your group.
I have a blog but I'm from the Netherlands

Rachel Brumley said...

Hey Maria

I'd love to participate in your group. Let me know!

Thanks

Little C's Creations said...

I love the thought of creating Christmas Cards throughout the year. I tried to do it last year, and ended up only starting in October!!! It'll be a great idea to motivate all of us, Maria!!!

Your card is GORGEOUS!!!!

As for the title, how about "Christmas Stamping All Year Long"

I look forward in hearing more about this cool idea of yours.

Big Hugs,
Jen

Vicki G said...

I definitely want to Play............Love your Christmas card Mairal...........just beautiful!!!!

Vicki

Michelle said...

Hi Maria! I'd so love to join your christmas card blog & challenges. Last year, I felt overwhelmed trying to get them done in time and I don't want that to be the case this year!! I hope you'll have me!

Rina said...

Hey Maria,

I want to play too. Count me in please and LMK the rest of the deets (if any). Thanks and God bless!

Elena said...

I think it is a very neat idea with creating a blog for Christmas card!
Your Christmas card is gorgeous! Love the dimension!!!

Sankari W. said...

Beautiful card Maria - it is sooo rich! And COUNT ME IN!!! I would love to be part of that!!!! Totally need some motivation- unlike this year where I procrastinated and then sent my christmas cards in the New Year (like to some people who might be reading this LOL!!!! (ps - loved your email - you are too sweet - will write you longer soon) just had to write right away and hope that there is still time to be part of this fantastic idea!!!

Lots of love,
Sankari :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |