Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MFT - Thanks a Latte Card


Hey Everyone! Good day to all of you! I want to do something different with my blog this year! I'm not sure what I want to change. Because it's a new year, I should jazz up my blog. What should I add? I'm thinking of adding more tutorials. How about "stampin' tips"? Or maybe, something like "favorite blogs of the day" or something like that. I'll come up with something. . .I gotta think of what I want to do.


One of my resolutions is to take more "life" pictures so I think several times a week, I'll post a picture I took and talk about it a little. What do you think? You're like "sure, Maria. . .it's your blog". LOL!! It's funny because when I ask questions like this, I get a lot of comments like "do what you want. . .it's your blog". Actually, your opinion counts so if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know!!

I made this card today. It was actually a quicky card because I already colored the image moons ago! Seriously! I colored this image when I was into coloring with my Prisma color pencils with Gamsol. Gosh, I haven't colored with the pencils for such a long time.

Anyway. . .because I had colored the image with the pencils, I had stamped the image with regular dye ink. I decided to go over the "white" area and color the background with my Copic Markers. Well, it smeared the black ink so the sentiment had a fuzzy black smear. I was like "accckkkkk!".

I wasn't in the mood to look for the stamp so I went over the sentiment and colored it blue to "camouflage" the black smear. I think it helped a little. So, that is the reason why the sentiment has a blue shading. LOL!

You probably think everything I do on my card are intentional. . .but nope, many times, certain "features" of the card are actually "fixes". I usually point it out. For those who mess up on their cards. . .don't throw the card away immediately. Find a way to fix it and sometimes the results work out for the best. I've discovered "techniques" from my many mistakes! Yup!

I really like the DP on this card. Actually it was the only DP I had that matched the colors of my image and I wasn't thrilled initially but now that I look at it, I actually love the paper's design.

Card Details:

Stamps: My Favorite Things
Paper: K&Co, SU Cameo Caramel, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol, Copic Markers
Accessories: Making Memories Daisy brads, Ribbon (?)


Photo of the Day

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that my family from Hawaii visited us for the holidays. On Sunday, we visited Sea World in San Diego and I took a picture of my daughter (center) with her cousins. My daughter haven't seen her cousins for over 3 years. The kids are growing up so quickly. We had a great time at Sea World. It wasn't crowded so it was really nice and it was a nice sunny day. My family left yesterday and I hope we'll be able to visit them in Hawaii this summer.

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!

13 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful card Maria and love the pretty paper, Love the photo and hope you had a great time in San Diego, Hugs, Nikki x

2 Worlds said...

Maria I see you are very excited about the new year
I like this stamp a lot

Sea world is my favorite park I want to go back there with Lucas one day

Marie said...

Beautiful card! I am really into K and Co right now. I know the hot thing is Basic Grey, but I tend to think that K and Co is more my style. Have a great day! Marie.

Rita said...

Cute card!

Yes Maria, I like the Photo of the day or week addition...thats always a nice feature! I also luv tutorials, video or hand written is kool too!

I luv Sea World, I've been to the one in Florida when the kids were younger. It is so true our kids grow up way too fast! Your daughter & nieces are so cute!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute card! I love it and the photo is nice. I love taking pictures when my family is visiting

Elena said...

Maria! I love your ideas with the blog!
Love your card! You are right, very often mistakes can help discover something new! And I love how the highlighted sentiment!
Glad that you and your family had a really good time!

KeeponScrappin said...

Hi Maria! I ♥ your card. Super cute. Anything to do with latte's is my fav. I drink coffee like its water. Okay! maybe not that much. lol. Can't wait to see your new blog. I would love see to more tutorials.

Becky Carafa said...

Love that kinda funky paper you used!

Kafran said...

super belle carte...

Smita said...

Maria, I love your cards, and though you might not know I am quite a regular visitor of your blog and tutorials. I have tried giving quite a few of your techniques a shot with the limited tools and equipment available here in my country.
I really am looking forward to more tutorials from you. Would love it if you could include something on dry embossing as well.

Thanks a ton for being such an inspiration.

Love,
Smita.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the Photo of the Day--it gives me a glimpse into your world--and you take great photos too! Love your cards, stampin tips would be cool. We all need new ideas and reminders of old ones too. Happy New Year!

Gabby said...

Hey Maria! I LOVE how you covered up the boo boo! You are genius lady! LOL! I like the idea of you posting a personal touch to the end of your post...that way we can ge to know the real Maria...not just the wonderfuly creative Maria! HUGS LADY!

Risa said...

What a cute card Maria!
The pictures of your daughter with her cousins is awesome. It looks like they are having a grand time getting to know one another again. TFS
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |