Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the Greeting Farm June Hope & Grace Stamp Release and CPS Challenge CPS118


Hi Friends! I was a good girl today. I actually participated in a challenge!! Whoohoo!! I went browsing around in blogland and found the Card Positioning System Challenge site with a fabulous sketch. - CPS118. Thought it was a fun sketch to create a card with.

I've been busy coloring images but not making any cards but I decided to step in my craft room this morning and create these two cards.

This image is the Greeting Farm "Sing". OMG! I just love this image! I cannot tell you how fun it is to color the Greeting Farm images. I can sit and just color and color and color.


Okay. . .this is the inside of the card. I created the flower with a template that I created. If you want to use it. . .



The dots were created using the Scribble Iridescent paint. These paints are so cheap and so fun to use on cards. They run 99 cents a bottle and you can find it in the fabric paint section at Michaels or Joanne.
Card Details:

Stamps: the Greeting Farm Sing
Paper: K&CO designer Paper, SU Bashful Blue, More Mustard
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura Gel Pen, Scribble Iridescent Paint, Tim Holtz distressing ink
Accessories: CB Embossing Folder, Nestabilities, SU Photo Corner Punch, Prima Flower, Making Memories ribbon



Gosh, today I've been having some major allergies. I'm surprised I was able to make 2 cards. I managed to create them in between sneezing and blowing my nose. Hey . . .check it out! I received the Nestabilities that I ordered! Whoohoo! Now my cards will be stylin'! LOL! I always loved the cards that others make with the Nesties but I'm from the old school mentality. . .you know, if you can cut it yourself, why go expensive! Unfortunately, I've been way too lazy lately to even do anything without some sort of tool. Argggh!


I want to go back to creating things from scratch but I found that you need a whole load of motivation to do it and well, I just don't have that much of a mojo lately.

My problem is I'm not very focused. I want to do soooooooooo many things that there's not enough of hours in a day to do all the things I want to do.

I want to play with my camera, I want to create videos, I want to draw, I want to clean out my computer, I want to create templates and tutorials, I want to clean my house, I want to organize the garage, I want to go out and explore, I want to paint, I want to lose weight, I want to meditate, I want to go back to school, I want to go back to work, I want to take Jazz dancing lessons, I want to go bowling, I want to watch TV, I want to read . . . .I want to see a therapist. . .LOL! I think I need one.


Are you the same way? Do you have way too many interest that you are frustrated by the inability to do them all.

Anyway. . .this little lady is the Greeting Farm "Peace". I love her. . .she looks so cool! All she needs is a joint. . .hahaha! Wasn't that 60's thing? Ugggh! Peace is too young for that sort of thing and she said "say no to drugs"! Okay. . .I hope you know I'm playing around!



Well, I hope y'all have a fantastic day. I think I'll work on a few more cards tonight. I'm in the mood to make cards today!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Peace, Hope & Grace

Paper: SU Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, Pink Pirouette, SU Sweet Tart Designer Paper
Ink: Copic markers, Scribbles Iridescent Paint, Sakura Gel Pen
Accessories: Nestabilities, CB embossing folder, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Prima Flowers, Buttons, SU small oval punch, SU Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon

35 comments:

Leslie said...

Maria, your cards are precious. The pink really stood out to me.

Jackie said...

Hi Maria,
Wow!! you just described me to a tee.Its nice to know that I am not the only one who has all these interest ..I am glad you were able to focus on making two really great cards.Love them!!

Becky G said...

Now if these are just the cutest girls ever? I finally got to play with a greeting card image this weekend and now I'm scheming as to how I'm gonna get my hands on some. You certainly didn't make it any easier to resist temptation :)
Love your coloring, Maria!

Hugs, Becky

Danni said...

So very cute! I can't wait to get these cuties later in the month!
Wonderful job!

WickedPixie said...

OMGosh! Both cards are gorgeous, but SING - WOW! It glows! I love the colors, love how it only goes half way across so you see part of the beautiful flower from the outside! Maria, you are so amazingly talented!

Becky said...

Maria these are WOW!! I love them, the first one is just awesome inside and out, and your coloring as always is fabulous. I want to do my Mojo Monday on a Monday not sat. :) I work full time so my time is limited.

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards rock!!!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

LMAO! I was just thinking today on how I needed some guidance too! I want to do sooo many things! That's why I took a lil break this past week, to get my priorities in order and really figure out what I want to do! Didn't get much figuring out done, but at least my house is clean and the pup is potty trained ;)
Adorable card, Maria! Your work always amazes me! Love the vibrant colors! Your cards always make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)
TFS :*) It's good to know that I'm not alone in feeling this way!
{{hugs}}

Christine said...

Oh, Maria, we are so alike, except for the work part. Well, actually I wouldn't mind working if it was in the paper crafts industry. I feel the same way, so many interests, so little time. I don't understand people who don't have hobbies. LOL!

I just want to tell you that your cards are spectacular. I love all the bright colors and you have colored them so brilliantly. I absolutely love those new Greeting Farm stamps. I am so bummed that I missed the DT call. I got so busy I forgot. I am going to have to pick up those new Hope and Grace stamps. They are fantastic!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!
xoxo, Christine

Jamee said...

your cards are so cute and fun!

Risa said...

Both of your cards are super adorable Maria! The second card is my favorite, I love the color combo..too cute!
I wish I had your energy! I can only focus on a couple of things at a time. If I try to accomplish too much, I lose interest. So now that you have heard my boring story, loan me some of your energy..I desperately need it!!! *lol*
hugs
Risa:)

Randi said...

AMAZING cards Maria!!!
I am continually blown away by your attention to detail!! Love those little dots on the first one!! What you did with the flower is very cool! And the colors are so summery and lovely!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Maria these are wonderful. I can't wait to get my stamps.

Janiel/ janny said...

hello Maria, WOW!!! Your work is OUT OF THIS WORLD AWESOME!! I have became a follower. So that I can keep up to date on what you are up to. blessings, janny

Denise said...

Maria, those images are so CUTE!!! I just love the cards you created with them! I wish I could craft with you, I would learn a lot about layouts!

Sharon said...

Great cards Maria with beautiful colouring.

Yes at the moment I am the same. Trying to do DT work, trying to do challenges, trying to have a play at my new hobby digi scrapping, trying to pack up the house (we are moving), trying to sort kids, the list is endless!! :0)

Hope you are all well?

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow! these are just fantastic, the images and the colors are fabulous, Love these!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Maria! These are SO sweet! I love the stamps. Your incredible colouring & combos just bring them to life. The gorgeousness of your work always makes me catch my breath! :O)

doris said...

You have again made magic cards... wow Maria!!

Hugs
Doris xx

de said...

These are amazing lady! LOVE the colors and that second image I'm really in love with! I love all the detail and special care you put into your cards and they are always so coordinated. You are uber talented and inspiring!

Dawn Easton said...

Wowzers girl....so much cuteness here!!! I love the colours and these new images are darling!!!

Peggy said...

I am right there with you on the "I want to's"!! I made a note on my blog a couple of days ago about being overwhelmed with all the new toys and fast paced changes in the stamping world. You want to keep up but still have a personal life as well. Even harder to find balance when you have a full time job as well!!
Your cards are so beautiful and inspiring!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hi Maria wow your cards are beautiful the colours and papers are fab and such a pretty image.
Claudia xxxx

Anonymous said...

wow maria your card is fantastic !!love the cute image and the great sketch !!! I´m your fan ;-) !!!!
big hugs
tina46

CreativeMish said...

Cute cards! I love the peace chick! So cute! I just ordered those same nestabilities and can hardly wait until I get them!

Elena said...

They are absolutely adorable! I love the inside of the first card! So creative! Love your new Nesties! Very nice shape and beautiful layout!

Sandra said...

Maria your cards are just adorable and love the colors. You do fabulous work!!With so many things to do, it can get a little over whelming!!
Hugs Sndy

Ila said...

These cards are just over the top Cute and Fabulous!!...Everything about them is Fantastic!!...
I am having major allergy problems too lately(seems worse this year than others).. I am so with ya on the mojo thing and wanting to do so many different things...If I live to be 100...I wonder if that will be long enough..LOL!..Hugs, Ila

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh your cards are sweet, sweet, sweet. I'm working on my new Anya's right now, I just got them. Hugs Cindy

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! Great cards! I esp love the fold on the first one. How cool!

Rihani said...

WOW!! These cards are gorgeous Maria! Awesome work!!

Kristine said...

Oh wow...these are so awesome :) LOVE them BOTH!! You are such an inspiration Maria...thanks for sharing your creativity with us!!

Kyoko said...

TGF images are just too ADORABLE! I love the vibrant colors you used ... it makes me SMILE!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Your cards are Darling! I love that take on the CPS sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Tina Connolly said...

Wonderful cards, you are very talented.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |